No one else was home; pet gets saved

Sep 1, 2014 Full story: Q95.com

A fire in a New Jersey home this weekend appears to have started when a dog turned on the stove, police say, per the Asbury Park Press.

Full Story
Dr Reker s Bellhop

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Sep 1, 2014
Since it's New Jersey the dog was probably trying to gas himself, but he's a dog, after all, and didn't know to extinguish the oven pilot light. Got the stove pilot lights okay, but those oven ones tend to be buried down and in the back...hard to reach even with opposable thumbs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avon-by-the-Sea Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Happy 65th birthday, Bruce Springsteen! Born to... Oct 1 amw 3
Matthew Casper, 23, Asbury Park, charged with s... (Mar '14) Sep '14 anonymous 5
How Asbury Can Help Launch Your Product or Idea Sep '14 M studio 1
Bill takes aim at NJ beach smokers (Mar '14) Sep '14 BillDuckman 10
Get outta here! 41 percent of New Jerseyans wou... (May '14) Sep '14 Garda Hyde 4
Who do you support for U.S. House in New Jersey... (Oct '10) Nov '10 Turd Ferguson 28
Bed bugs reported at Belmar school (Oct '10) Oct '10 parent 1

Avon-by-the-Sea News Video

Avon-by-the-Sea Dating
Find my Match

Avon-by-the-Sea People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Avon-by-the-Sea News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Avon-by-the-Sea

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]