16 Charged in Prostitution Sting

Full story: WNYT Albany

Troy police have arrested 16 men in a prostitution sting. They say it's part of an aggressive strategy to fight crime in the city.
Comments
1 - 20 of 51 Comments Last updated Dec 19, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
losers

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

print the names
Melissa Olcott

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

The Mayor is right, prostitution is not a victimless crime. However, people always forget about the real victims here, the prostitutes themselves. Yeah, they're derelicts and junkies, but if you had to spend a life in the day of a "street walker", you'd see them in a different light. Prostitutes are raped and abused more than anyone else out there. Often times, their johns are "productive members of society" taking advantage of the fact that they are on drugs/alcohol and aren't thinking clearly. The biggest crime in street prostitution are the pimps and the johns and not the actual prostitutes. How come johns hardly ever get arrested for buying sex? Their faces should be plastered all over the media like Spitzer and Edwards.
Ray

Queensbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Why is it that the cops never get anybody that is dealing the drugs?It seems if there were no drugs there would be a lot less crime in all areas. I think the mayor has a secret fetish for prostitutes. This is all you ever hear about with him and the Troy cops
MissThang

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Yeah they do have problems, but they still had a choice....we ALL have problems, BUT do we become prostitutes because of it??? I guess I feel bad when they get hurt and things like that, but they don't HAVE to prostitute.
Melissa Olcott wrote:
The Mayor is right, prostitution is not a victimless crime. However, people always forget about the real victims here, the prostitutes themselves. Yeah, they're derelicts and junkies, but if you had to spend a life in the day of a "street walker", you'd see them in a different light. Prostitutes are raped and abused more than anyone else out there. Often times, their johns are "productive members of society" taking advantage of the fact that they are on drugs/alcohol and aren't thinking clearly. The biggest crime in street prostitution are the pimps and the johns and not the actual prostitutes. How come johns hardly ever get arrested for buying sex? Their faces should be plastered all over the media like Spitzer and Edwards.
whoa

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Judged:

16 less customers for Miss stinky Thang
Client 9

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Judged:

If you kept me in office, I would have made it legal.

Since: May 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

News 9 has pictures of all 16.
hmmmm

Fort Collins, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Judged:

About time I am not reading about grown men trying to have sex with children.
meow

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Client 9 wrote:
If you kept me in office, I would have made it legal.
Before or after you got caught with your pants down.
Devin Purcell

Corinth, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

that's true prostitution is illegal an very wrong indeed these men should go to prison and the whole line about how it says that they were trying to fight crime in the city that's not helping the city that's destroying it. and that was not a very good decision for these 16 men. they are just like the other idiot drug dealers in America

Thank You
Devin Purcell
Tbone

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Judged:

I used to feel exactly the same way, but after working with these women for years, I came to learn that the VAST majority are lazy people who would rather roll out of bed at noon, turn a few tricks, and then go partying.

My agency used to find these women jobs, but they NEVER, EVER held one for more than a month; the truth is, they don't mind doing the nasty for cash.
Melissa Olcott wrote:
Meow sucks

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Judged:

Tbone wrote:
I used to feel exactly the same way, but after working with these women for years, I came to learn that the VAST majority are lazy people who would rather roll out of bed at noon, turn a few tricks, and then go partying.
My agency used to find these women jobs, but they NEVER, EVER held one for more than a month; the truth is, they don't mind doing the nasty for cash.
<quoted text>
These low lifes don't mind paying them the cash to do the nasty so I think both the men and the women are nasty. The women need to get real jobs and the men need to either get another hobby
Meow sucks

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Judged:

sorry didn't finish or get a real women
Sis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

I think that it is a great job done by the Troy PD getting these men that are coming to this city to break the law. Troy PD have also been taking down drug dealers...(for Ray that said they should get rid of the drugs) TPD have been very busy trying to clean up these streets of the criminal activity that is going on. People who live in Troy should work with the police and report any activity that is illegal or suspicious. Help them clean it up!
I think the names of these men should be printed also.
Penny Rich

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Where is all the names?
tammy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

where's my $50.00 dollar's
meow

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
r u serious that is nasty. i clicked on the link you gave because i was courious. i hope i didn't catch anything!! what a bunch of skanks
What do you want for 40 bucks? Ashlee Dupre?
GONNAGETEMVILLE

Warrensburg, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Judged:

LOL I'm a little confused. Arent we all prostitutes? I mean heck. The Gov't screws us every day. We only get paqid for it once a year (if lucky) via income taxz returns or that nice little (and I do mean little) Stimuless check.

There is another thing. The phrase "stimulus check" Isn't that a bit phalic? Just another way for "the man" to stick it to us. Hahahahahahaha
Whatever

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Where are the names?

“Justice for Jaliek!”

Since: May 08

East Greenbush, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Sis wrote:
I think that it is a great job done by the Troy PD getting these men that are coming to this city to break the law. Troy PD have also been taking down drug dealers...(for Ray that said they should get rid of the drugs) TPD have been very busy trying to clean up these streets of the criminal activity that is going on. People who live in Troy should work with the police and report any activity that is illegal or suspicious. Help them clean it up!
I think the names of these men should be printed also.
They do these sting operations every now and then but the problem still exists. But yes, at least they're doing somethig.
Now I would like to know who killed Shelton Grant. Where are they (Troy PD) on that case?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Averill Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 10 hr Vote Zornow 6,408
John Halacy sentenced as mother cries Wed Albanyrickster 1
You New York 81 Biker support clubs are cowards (Apr '13) Mon MOM Bouchard 5
Debate: Ferguson - Watervliet, NY Aug 23 master of dezaster 1
Review: Nadeau Paving & Sealcoating (Jul '10) Aug 23 Lol 15
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Aug 9 JEWISH VOICE 438
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Aug 7 dew4794 673
•••
•••
•••

Averill Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Averill Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Averill Park News, Events & Info