bbcarteret

Fort Collins, CO

#1 Feb 25, 2009
I grew up in nearby Carteret. During the mid- to late-70's, a friend drove me by a house in Avenel that was down the road from the Rahway prison. He insensitively called it the "Freak House".

While driving by it that night, we got scared out of our wits when a man in a black cape came out of the residence and lunged towards our car. Being a teenager I never told another soul about this incident, but I wonder to this day whether my friend knew of some odd happenings in that location.

Does anybody out there have any knowledge of this place?
Zoomie291

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Jan 27, 2017
bbcarteret wrote:
I grew up in nearby Carteret. During the mid- to late-70's, a friend drove me by a house in Avenel that was down the road from the Rahway prison. He insensitively called it the "Freak House".

While driving by it that night, we got scared out of our wits when a man in a black cape came out of the residence and lunged towards our car. Being a teenager I never told another soul about this incident, but I wonder to this day whether my friend knew of some odd happenings in that location.

Does anybody out there have any knowledge of this place?
Yes I've heard about the place and been there myself, same time frame it was down a dead end street.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avenel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News N.J. to shift priorities from solar to gas (Feb '11) Mar 22 One way or another 7
News We're all livin' on a prayer: How a hair band a... Mar 14 Mike Delude 4
News Perth Amboy's Verbal Kint raises social awareness (Aug '09) Mar 8 K2AZ9mm 5
News Hundreds rally in Perth Amboy during 'Day Witho... Mar 7 spytheweb 1
Iselin Jukebox (Jul '12) Feb '17 lol 18
News Illegal immigrants being fired in face of feder... (Jan '08) Feb '17 photog 260
Former Railroad Station Feb '17 Rail Fan 1

Avenel Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Avenel Mortgages