shopper

Livingston, NJ

#1 Jul 6, 2009
the place is a zoo filled with drunks and drugies as managmeant.
RandolphStanford

East Brunswick, NJ

#2 Jul 31, 2009
Yeah, tell me about it! There just like the customers who shop there!
Gertrude

East Brunswick, NJ

#3 Jul 31, 2009
Boy you hit the nail on the head. Ignorant, rude and low-life customers = bad service leading to a bad store.(by the way it's they're not there buddy !)
Jag

Colonia, NJ

#4 Aug 7, 2009
Thank you for totally disgracing our local Shop-Rite. What exactly leads you to believe they are "drugies" and "drunks"? DO they walk around with Alcohol and Drug related paraphernalia?
fed up

United States

#5 Aug 10, 2009
No...that's the Perth Amboy Shoprite where there'a always a line, the produce is a mess, there a billion kids bouncing the large balls and when you push your cart (cheap red plastic that you'll need a quarter)UP THE HILL to get to your car, you'll see the homeless and drunks everywhere.
Wally

Piscataway, NJ

#6 Sep 28, 2010
The small lady that works in the produce department Calls Lenny Sitar the penguin ha ha ha.
mary

Carteret, NJ

#7 Nov 30, 2012
i and most of my friends now shop at woodbridge shoprite due to the fact that the store manager mike marzullo happens to be the rudest person i have ever met. i have also spoken to many employees in the store who not only agree with that statement but also say that mike e-motivates them on a daily business. lenny sitar is sucessful only because he is the only guy in town, his father is probably rolling around in his grave.
tony g

Carteret, NJ

#8 Dec 17, 2012
I have shopped at carteret shoprite or over 30 years. I reember the old days when John Sitar was alive and he provided a happy shopping experience. Over the last few years i no longer find shopping there enjoyable. The employees do not smile as much as they used to and they tend to cut a conversation short when they see their store manager Mike Marzullo or their owner Lenny Sitar come around. When i finally asked a few of the department managers why this was so they mentioned to me that it was felt throughout the store that one should be working at all times and that they have been ridiculed by mr. Marzullo in the past about talking to much. Whatever happened to proving a good atmosphere for the customer and yhe employee as well. I have found that a happier customer would spend more time and money in your store if their experiece was nicer. It seems from what i can gather that Mr. Marzullo is a very unhappy fellow but that doesnt mean that everyone else in the store should follow his ways. at our senior citizen meetings Mr.Marzullos name has been brought up un numerous occasions, we have found out that many of us have called the 1-800 number to lodge complaints about him. Aparrently the way we feel about him does not matter because we have noticed that his attitude will not ever change. I guess the only other thing that we the customer can do is go shop somewhere else. Its not nice to break up my 30 plus year relatonship with carteret shoprite but i can no longer deal with this store!!!!!!
CARIE

Carteret, NJ

#9 Dec 22, 2012
I THINK IS QUIET DISGUSTING FORTHE STORE MANAGER HAVING ORAL SEXUAL FAVORS DONE IN THE PARKING LOT... MR .SITAR IS ROLLING AROUND IN HIS GRAVE...has to be!!! CARTERET IS DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!! NEEDS TO BE SHUT DOWN ESPECIALLY WITH MIKE IN THERE KNOW.... GUESS LENNY DONT KNOW WHY VILLAGE GOT RID OF HIS ASS!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Avenel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Perth Amboy is a dump cause its filled with Low... (Mar '12) Tue carolina la o 54
'A Seussified Christmas Carol' at the Union Cou... Dec 16 marie 1
Any gay teens anywhere in NJ? Dec 14 Anonymous 7
Couple Sought in Stabbing and Beating in Perth ... Dec 13 Pedro 5
Woman who sued Perth Amboy cops for false arres... Dec 11 str8 shooter 1
Demolition of Delaney Homes complex in Perth Am... (Nov '11) Dec 9 angry bird 3
Accountant accused of stealing millions from N.... Dec 6 RJS III 1

Avenel News Video

Avenel Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Avenel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE