Arizona Duck

United States

#1 Sep 12, 2009
Spent a lot of my life in Ava as a kid. Anyone have anything positive to say about the place? A lot has been posted here that has nothing to do with Ava.
from Ava

Syracuse, NY

#2 Sep 16, 2009
We had a great snowmobile season last year! The fall foliage is starting to look fantastic! And being out in the country is awesome!
Arizona Duck

Vacaville, CA

#3 Sep 16, 2009
from Ava wrote:
We had a great snowmobile season last year! The fall foliage is starting to look fantastic! And being out in the country is awesome!
Tho my IP shows me as in CA, I am in the Arizona desert. Haven't been on a snowmobile since I was in Ava decades ago, the biggest thing I miss about being back there. It is beautiful country, and I'm glad to hear that at least ONE person is enjoying it and not just bitchin' like most! >:{)=
tax payer

Champlain, NY

#4 Sep 17, 2009
THE AVA TOWN BOARD IS CORRUPT, ESPECIALLY THE CODES OFFICER! he takes bribes!
Yankee

Ogdensburg, NY

#5 Sep 17, 2009
tax payer wrote:
THE AVA TOWN BOARD IS CORRUPT, ESPECIALLY THE CODES OFFICER! he takes bribes!
"....we now return you to the normally scheduled programming....."
from Ava

Caroga Lake, NY

#6 Sep 18, 2009
Ha ha that was funny Yankee!! tax payer states he/she is from Port Leyden??? I didn't know that is in the town of Ava! Ohh and being able to have a fire outdoors, 4-wheeling, peace and quiet, privacy....people would live much better lives if they would think positive rather than negative. And run for office if you have such a problem with things, be more involved!
tax payer

Champlain, NY

#7 Sep 19, 2009
I am in AVA, I have no Idea why it says port leyden? must be a time warner thing?
Arizona Duck

Nuevo, CA

#8 Sep 19, 2009
Yeah, tax payer, depending on your server, notice mine above, one says Mammoth Lakes, other Del Ray, CA., but I am in AZ.
So far not too many comments in the positive for Ava. Bummer.
Yankee

Ogdensburg, NY

#9 Sep 25, 2009
Well, they have a nice big town barn......
Arizona Duck

Tracy, CA

#10 Sep 25, 2009
Alright Yankee!!! Way to put a positive spin on it! How come no one has mentioned the nice new town dump?(yoiks, bet I create a monster here!)
tax payer

Champlain, NY

#11 Sep 25, 2009
yup and the dump paid for the new machine and roof
ava

AOL

#12 Apr 6, 2010
ava is a small comunity the land is either farm or woods small population really no industry here the people for the most part are very nice and helpful we get our fair share of snow and rain.
great place to live just as long that you are up wind of the land fill the only draw back to ava
Vinny Bag of Donuts

Caroga Lake, NY

#13 Jun 13, 2010
I've always found the girls to be easy.
Judge Stempien

United States

#14 Feb 10, 2011
Anyone have old photos of Ava notables like supervisors judges etc. I'm trying to put together a set of pics to hang in the Ava Town Hall. I would not damage them and return to owners after scanning
kate

United States

#15 Dec 28, 2011
I live in Ava and I love it here. I'm originally from the city and I can't imagine not living here now. I love the land and space for four whelling snowmobiling, dirt biking hunting and partying. No better place to party with out having a bunch of assholes or cops show up. Ava is my home and there is much more land here than what the dump takes up. Who cares if we have a garbage dump here at least the rest of the town is nice and has great people. Not like some places I know that are just "a dump" by themselves. Love it here in Ava ny :) there no better place to live or raise your kids and the schools are great too.
kate

United States

#16 Dec 28, 2011
Vinny Bag of Donuts wrote:
I've always found the girls to be easy.
Lol. We just know how to party and have a good time. I've always found the boys to be easy too though. ;) LOL.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ava Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama brought change alright (Sep '14) 12 min Crack-a-lackin' 14
Spresso's No Return To Customers 46 min YUPP YUPP YIPP 8
Mum's word The, Bizarro Fusco says Joe (Aug '14) 50 min YUPP YUPP YIPP 6
Where is Fusco now? 51 min YUPP YUPP YIPP 2
News Rome Couple Sued Over Christmas Lights Display 53 min YUPP YUPP YIPP 100
Rome Dennys Laurissa waitress 1 hr Uakreddon 35
Which is worse: E. Dom, West Dom or Liberty Gar... (Apr '12) 1 hr BEANS BURRITO 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Ava Mortgages