Senator makes surprise stop at Portag...

Senator makes surprise stop at Portage market

There are 31 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Aug 5, 2008, titled Senator makes surprise stop at Portage market. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

EDINBURG TWP.: The two teachers stopped at Stahl's Farm Market on Tuesday afternoon to buy peaches and nectarines.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
just peechie

Strongsville, OH

#1 Aug 6, 2008
Keno Fruit, no drill fruit and flip flop fruit. No change to be seen anywhere. We are still celebrating Obmama's and Teddy's birthday, too. I was hoping we could get past that and just check the air pressure in the tour bus tires.
Lovin-life

Struthers, OH

#2 Aug 6, 2008
No matter what political party I am for, I would have been thrilled to have had that experience. Something to tell the grandkids :)
TorryOne

Willoughby, OH

#3 Aug 6, 2008
Lovin-life wrote:
No matter what political party I am for, I would have been thrilled to have had that experience. Something to tell the grandkids :)
I just find that down right scary :(
akron ff

Dayton, OH

#4 Aug 6, 2008
just peechie wrote:
Keno Fruit, no drill fruit and flip flop fruit. No change to be seen anywhere. We are still celebrating Obmama's and Teddy's birthday, too. I was hoping we could get past that and just check the air pressure in the tour bus tires.
Typical right wing talking points. Do you really think there will be any changes from the last 8 years of turmoil if McCain is elected. Think again. And just so you know, if they started drilling offshore will make no difference in gas prices at all. All of US refineries are at maximum capacity now. So even if they did find more oil, it would not increase gas availability at all. Try to educate yourself on facts, not what Bill O'Reilly tells you to say

Since: Mar 07

Tulsa, OK

#5 Aug 6, 2008
This was probably one of Obama's best campaign stops. Small crowd, no Cameras, and he could be himself.

Whether or not folks agree or disagree with Obama, it's always a thrill for folks to meet and talk to famous folks.

Mebbe the nice ladies at the market should have told Obama that he needed to lose Teddyboy iff'n he want' to look good while travelin' through Ohio.
Spirit of 76

Mogadore, OH

#6 Aug 6, 2008
Orchids to the teachers for turning a cheap photo op into a focus on education. Onions to the politicos who packaged this cheap photo op. Peaches to the people, maybe even one to preacher wright.

“Watch out, I might be angry...”

Since: Sep 07

North Ghetto Hill

#8 Aug 6, 2008
HE BOUGHT PEACHES! SPECIAL EDITION! OBAMA BOUGHT PEACHES!!!!!!
Westerville

Columbus, OH

#9 Aug 6, 2008
Wow, the Messiah walked among the common folks with no camera's!

Maybe his energy policy (aside from inflating our tires) could utilize peaches somehow? Just a thought
A GOP God Hates Democrats

United States

#10 Aug 6, 2008
Not to be outdone, John McCain took time off from his campaign tour to stop by and buy some agricultural products from a family farm bankrupted by cut-throat competition agribusinesses.

"I got some really nice deals on family heirlooms!", he said. "I want to thank my Con-Agra contributors for the tip on this opportunity."

"I even helped stimulate the economy,", he said, "by hiring a few of our local Hispanic-Mexican laborers to carry my purchases in the back of my campaign bus."

Next stop for McCain is a local Wal-Mart, representing the sole remaining business in Portage County.

"What a monument to the GOP ideals!", he said.
Under the Robes

United States

#11 Aug 6, 2008
jimmy farter wrote:
did he buy bananas for larry sinclair!?!!!!
No, the bananas had all been purchased by Alex Arshinkoff.
C-bus

Marshfield, WI

#12 Aug 6, 2008
Betamax wrote:
This was probably one of Obama's best campaign stops. Small crowd, no Cameras, and he could be himself.
Whether or not folks agree or disagree with Obama, it's always a thrill for folks to meet and talk to famous folks.
Mebbe the nice ladies at the market should have told Obama that he needed to lose Teddyboy iff'n he want' to look good while travelin' through Ohio.
Why wouldn't Obama want to campaign with Ted and his 61% approval rating. You don't see McCain with Bush and his 13% rating. Think about it Betamax!
Un-Tye-Me

Youngstown, OH

#13 Aug 6, 2008
i knew a dancer named Peaches.
Ashamed to Say

United States

#14 Aug 6, 2008
Un-Tye-Me wrote:
i knew a dancer named Peaches.
I knew an admiral named Perry.
hippie chick

Ravenna, OH

#15 Aug 6, 2008
akron ff wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical right wing talking points. Do you really think there will be any changes from the last 8 years of turmoil if McCain is elected. Think again. And just so you know, if they started drilling offshore will make no difference in gas prices at all. All of US refineries are at maximum capacity now. So even if they did find more oil, it would not increase gas availability at all. Try to educate yourself on facts, not what Bill O'Reilly tells you to say
This is very true. Closing the refineries in CA. actually helped contribute to the high oil prices . if anyone thinks drilling off shore will bring the price of oil down, then they are very naive.When the Big Five Oil companies testified at the congressional hearings (it might havebeen the ceo from exxon)they made it very clear that the price that we're paying is what it is worth, so don't expect the price to go down. The oil companies currently have access to drill on 22 million acres in Alaska but they elect not to do so. they think the American people are stupid.
Locke

Streetsboro, OH

#16 Aug 6, 2008
Obama got the peaches... If he wins we'll get the pits.
Locke

Streetsboro, OH

#17 Aug 6, 2008
akron ff wrote:
<quoted text>
While it's true no NEW refineries have been built recently, the reality is that it is more economical to increase capacity at existing facilities. Over the past 15 years, the U.S. refining industry has added the equivalent of one new, state-of-the-art refinery a year, each with a capacity to refine 150,000 to 300,000 barrels per day.

Over the past 15 years, the U.S. refining industry has added the equivalent of one new, state-of-the-art refinery a year, each with a capacity to refine 150,000 to 300,000 barrels per day.

Source: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...

To paraphrase... Try to educate yourself on facts, not just opinions that fit your personal bias.

Hope this helps.
Obama and McCain

Torrance, CA

#18 Aug 6, 2008
He has to get elected before he can do something about the current laws. Funny, I thought he was a Senator.
Why

Strongsville, OH

#19 Aug 6, 2008
did I get the distinct impression that this was a cheap, scripted article to get the votes from the NEA ?(I am not a republician, either.)
Spirit of 76 wrote:
Orchids to the teachers for turning a cheap photo op into a focus on education. Onions to the politicos who packaged this cheap photo op. Peaches to the people, maybe even one to preacher wright.
Why

Strongsville, OH

#20 Aug 6, 2008
does Congress, like obilary and potatoes McCain have the lowest poll rating ever? Because they do not know how to negotiate and get something done. Why should they get paid to be in Congress but spend all their time looking for a new job. Would your current employer pay you to look for a second job and not do your first? Maybe we should have a law saying no standing member of congress can run for president without forfiture of thier salary?
Obama and McCain wrote:
He has to get elected before he can do something about the current laws. Funny, I thought he was a Senator.
John Q Public

Potomac, MD

#22 Aug 6, 2008
jimmy farter wrote:
did he buy bananas for larry sinclair!?!!!!
Hey Numnuts!
YOU and your boy, Larry Sinclair, need to lay off the crack. Maybe it was YOU he was with in that so-called limousine. How was his mouth?
BTW, did you know he FAILED a polygraph test? He was offered $100,000 to pass a polygraph test. Is THAT why he is living with you and the both of you are smoking up your paycheck?
See you in the gutter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Austintown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fosters theater Jul 16 Tiffany 1
News General Electric Pursues Spinoff, Sale of Consu... (Jul '08) Jun 29 sdwayne 5,496
Reminiscing of 60s and 70s Youngstown (Dec '09) Jun '17 adamloretta 26
Sheridan/Royce family May '17 Dmarino7 1
young girl trying to find birth parents (Sep '06) May '17 Dmarino7 50
Sheridan and Docherty Family May '17 Dmarino7 1
Backpage girls May '17 Dannyboy 1

Austintown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Austintown Mortgages