austin indiana
WHATEVER REALLY

Lexington, KY

#42 Dec 1, 2010
i think austin is GREAT theres just a bunch of hillbillies from ky here that are ruinin the town
Just my two cents

Rising Sun, IN

#43 Dec 1, 2010
I would have to say that there are good people in Austin but Ive seen and heard a lot of bad stuff as well. Really hope it gets cleaned up though to better everyones lives. Prayers go out for this to happen.
buttin

Salem, IN

#44 Dec 15, 2010
what is wrng with ky people.they r just as good or betterthen any other person.im fr. ky i was broned n raised there. so if i were u iwould be careful what u say about the ky people.they r like otherpeople some r bad n some r good.to if all people fr. ky left austin would be a gosth town. it is made up fr ky people
deliveryboy

Lexington, KY

#45 Dec 18, 2010
who the hell is hill jack?
deliveryboy

Lexington, KY

#46 Dec 18, 2010
hilljack wrote:
<quoted text>i have a cure now to.all the indiana austin scum move out let us hill jacks have it we gonna run you out any way.my hole family is moving out there so move over when you drive let some good runners drive.be sure not stop in front of me ill push .
first of all theres alot of good people in Austin, and if you push anyone here there is a very good chance you will be shot in the face so...
AustinGal

Bowling Green, KY

#47 Dec 19, 2010
Austin does have many downfalls now. The drugs, prostitution, theft and violence are running rampant. Properties are deteriorating and business have moved out/gone under due to the local economic conditions. Jobs are scare or if they are available it’s at a wage that barely allows one to rent from a local slum lord let alone pay their bills, buy groceries and provide the necessities for their family. Austin has hit some very difficult and pathetic times. As for 1986, I’d much prefer Austin be what it was then as to what it is today. It was still a bit rough then, but at least we could enjoy being out without worrying about being approached by a drug dealer or prostitute while trying to go into a local store. We could go up to the park and not worry about having to avoid dirty needles. We could walk on the streets both day and night without a fear of being accosted. And, at least the police force would then show up to a scene when called. Now, it’s just sad to have to drive through town and see how it’s been allowed to “go to the dogs”. Yet, where can the blame lie for this? It’s a combination of several things. Geographically, Austin is in a good location for economical growth. It lies on both an interstate system as well as a US roadway. It’s in the triangle area of Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Louisville, three cities that would allow for goods and products to be provided to other manufacturers, etc. Yet, with these idea/ideal situations, our past and previous politicians have not sold Austin as an area that would be a beneficial location for a company to have as a business site. Businesses are reluctant to locate here because of the reputation, which in turn causes the town to lose out on economic growth. This leaves the citizens desperate for means of funds, causing alternative illegal activities to acquire money, which in turn increases the crime rates. Lack of education is also a major cause of those whom turn to alternative lifestyles rather than being a productive citizen. If you graduated from Austin in 1986 then we were in a close proximity of time of growing up in Austin. If you recall, during that time, what did we, as kids/teens, have to do that was educational and productive other than a church or school activity? There were no programs that kids could participate in that allowed them to be educated on a world and opportunities outside of Scott County. There were no programs to help educate teens in areas that could have helped with the reduction of teen pregnancies, drug use and criminal activities. There were no programs that would have allowed kids to see what type of employment/careers were available and how they could obtain the education to be able to follow the dream of what they wanted to be when they grew up. There were no “fun” programs/activities that kids could have participated in that would have prevented them from being bored and take part in illegal and/or destructive activities. And, the problem is, that’s still true today. Austin is offering nothing to its youth, whom, in turn, is only going to repeat the cycle, thus leaving Austin in the same if not worse position than it is now. And, there are no programs to help the adults and senior citizens improve their lifestyles as well. The only positives that I’ve noticed in Austin, especially since it’s been dubbed “a city” are the pretty new street lights and street signs located along the deteriorating Main Street and the signs coming into town announcing Austin’s name, its legal name status (city) and its mayor. I’m not sure about Mayor Campbell, but I’d be ashamed to have my name associated with a town in which I’ve not made any improvements to. The bottom line is, until there are people whom want to work to make improvements to Austin by implementing programs to help educate, employ its citizens and enforce the laws, Austin will only worsen as time goes by.
AustinGal

Bowling Green, KY

#48 Dec 19, 2010
My previous posting was in response to JeffRedDevil's postings.
buttin

Salem, IN

#49 Dec 19, 2010
i agree with u 100percent
Anonymous

Scottsburg, IN

#50 Jan 3, 2011
Austin is no different than amny small town USA,
Why dont you quit crying and stand up for the right thing if you want to change Austin for the better then tell me ONE example of what you have done make it better, remember if you want to make it a better town theb do something positive I may start a trend .
Willie

United States

#51 Jan 25, 2011
Www.davidgrossbooks.com
a book from a good Austin boy
ALLIE

Elmwood Park, IL

#52 Feb 17, 2011
I THINK YEAH THERES ALOT OF SHIT IN AUSTIN GOING ON I HAVE LIVED IN CROTHERSVILLE AND ALWAYS VISITED AUSTIN THERE IS ALOT MORE PEOPLE ON PILLS AND NEEDLES THAN SURROUNDINGCOUNTIES. IT ALSO COULD BE THE WAY ALOT OF PEOPLE CONDUCT THEIRE SELF FROM AUSTIN LIKE THEIRE JUST DUMB UNEDUCATED HILLIBILLIES. THE PROSTITUTION TO ME DONT MAKE SENSE WHY DONT THE POLICE PICK UP THESE NASTY WHORES I BELIEVE AUSTIN IS JUST A BACKWOODS DUMB UNEDUCATED LOSERS WHO BELIEVE THEIRE COOL. I WOULD NOT BE AFRAID TO WALK IN THAT TOWN AND TELL THEM EXACTLY WHAT I THINK OF THE NASTY PLACE. MAYBE YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS ARE FUCKING THESE PROPSTITUTES AND THEREFORE THAT YTOWN ATTRACTS PERVERTS JUNKIS AND TRASH
Larcase

Scottsburg, IN

#53 Feb 17, 2011
Austin is a normal little town that has good people in it. Unfortunately it has a lot of scum in it too. ALOT OF IT!!!
come on

United States

#55 Feb 18, 2011
Who are we trying fool? Austin has every drug known to man being sold and some of the deadliest homemade drugs being made. To top it off, working girls are everywhere not just on
Rual street or man ave. You cam find them walking in Spicer Town, 6th street, Morgans parking lot, and many other areas around town.
Do other small towns have working girls? NO.

Your lucky to find a working girl in a big city.
Larcase

Scottsburg, IN

#56 Feb 18, 2011
It's obvious that you've probably never been to a big city, and NO, Thunder over Louisville doesn't count. Please put down the crack pipe & brush up on your grammer "spelling" before you post again. It has LOW IQ all over it. Good day!
carll

Calhoun, GA

#57 Mar 24, 2011
i care wrote:
school, talks about a jail 90 in the jail if we go with a new jail police can put 100 more in jail and that tells me less drug heads less st. walkers, are we willing to paid more tax, i think i would. look at the paper more and more going to prison, when the courts do there job we will see a change, and mount is doing better about getting poeple in prison, and judge duvall is doing a great job helping mount, and after the first of the year new superior judge will make a change in our city, hang in there you will see a change.
the cops take the hookers to the woolds' drugs are like candy i dont kknow who has all the money cops or the ones sells the drugs' and you talk about how good the school is what are they doing helping the girls be hookers, i took my sone to school and a hooker was out side he whent to school call a kid a hooker that day see the bad thing she was hooking next to the school wow what a good town, and the ALL NIGHT OR TAKE A HOOKER TO THE WOODS WOW WHAT A JOBcops they have in austin are so dum to' they pick up hookers to, and some one killed a man in austin indiana the cops have no one in jail for it'STOP SAYING IT A GOOD TOWN THE TOWN HAS NO WORK IIN IT. GET IT, HOOKERS ARE WORKING THE COPS ARE NOT THEY SET UP
Austin

Bloomsburg, PA

#58 Mar 26, 2011
Everyone has has to work together to change this place
Tsesi

Louisville, KY

#59 Mar 30, 2011
Jeff Red Devil wrote:
Coz, I was born and raised in Austin. The best part about Austin was moving away. Most (not all) but most of the homes are dumps, the town looks like it always has (crap) and when I visit the family I'm more worried about being robbed, beaten or murdered then living in Jeff.
So ur the p-ssy of ur family then?
Tsesi

Louisville, KY

#60 Mar 30, 2011
ALLIE wrote:
I THINK YEAH THERES ALOT OF SHIT IN AUSTIN GOING ON I HAVE LIVED IN CROTHERSVILLE AND ALWAYS VISITED AUSTIN THERE IS ALOT MORE PEOPLE ON PILLS AND NEEDLES THAN SURROUNDINGCOUNTIES. IT ALSO COULD BE THE WAY ALOT OF PEOPLE CONDUCT THEIRE SELF FROM AUSTIN LIKE THEIRE JUST DUMB UNEDUCATED HILLIBILLIES. THE PROSTITUTION TO ME DONT MAKE SENSE WHY DONT THE POLICE PICK UP THESE NASTY WHORES I BELIEVE AUSTIN IS JUST A BACKWOODS DUMB UNEDUCATED LOSERS WHO BELIEVE THEIRE COOL. I WOULD NOT BE AFRAID TO WALK IN THAT TOWN AND TELL THEM EXACTLY WHAT I THINK OF THE NASTY PLACE. MAYBE YOUR ELECTED OFFICIALS ARE FUCKING THESE PROPSTITUTES AND THEREFORE THAT YTOWN ATTRACTS PERVERTS JUNKIS AND TRASH
And what so funny about what u are saying is that ur town comes here for the prostitutes.. and ur so full of it when u say its worse then surounding counties its the same because the big drug dealers support both countys jackson & scott..and it sounds like ur the one uneducated and not even street smart either i like 2 see yah come and tell the first person u see in austin how u feel and watch u run back home like dumba$$ u are!!If u dont think u have any hilljacks in crothersville u must be from a different part of c-ville the high olmight that thinks their sh!t dont stink part!! Because i also run with c-ville with all the hilljacks and im from Austin!!
Tsesi

Louisville, KY

#61 Mar 30, 2011
carll wrote:
<quoted text>the cops take the hookers to the woolds' drugs are like candy i dont kknow who has all the money cops or the ones sells the drugs' and you talk about how good the school is what are they doing helping the girls be hookers, i took my sone to school and a hooker was out side he whent to school call a kid a hooker that day see the bad thing she was hooking next to the school wow what a good town, and the ALL NIGHT OR TAKE A HOOKER TO THE WOODS WOW WHAT A JOBcops they have in austin are so dum to' they pick up hookers to, and some one killed a man in austin indiana the cops have no one in jail for it'STOP SAYING IT A GOOD TOWN THE TOWN HAS NO WORK IIN IT. GET IT, HOOKERS ARE WORKING THE COPS ARE NOT THEY SET UP
I had 2 read this 3 times 2 even understand what u was trying 2 say and ur calling us dumb and u cant even spell it..How did u know she was a hooker was she sucking on u? Sound like ur tell ur kid stuff he dont understand or somthing 2 go 2 school call a kid a hooker!!
austinwillalways beaustin

New Albany, IN

#62 Apr 8, 2011
I am just letting every one know that amana mcclure past away last night , she got news from dr. last week she was in complete sever renal failre she went to dialisis three times a week, we all know the ones whom knew her what happened , bt please dont go around saying her room mate killed her becase he couldnt stop her from doin what she done.
He is so tore up that he cant even talk for crying,
PLEASE THOSE OF YOU THAT DO ,OCCASIONALLY DO PILLS I KNOW THAT PEOLE ARE IN PAIN OR HAVE NERVE ISSUES BUT YOU CANT MIXED XANAXS AND OTHER STSUFF. ESP IF YOU HAVE KIDNEY PROBLEMS .
THE CORONER TOLD THE FATHER THAT HER KIDNEYS WASNT FLUSHIG ANYTHING OUT , SO WHAT SHE DONE LAST WEEK WAS STILL IN HER KIDNEYS THIS WEEK ,NOBODY THINKS ABOUT WHAT THEY DONE THREE DAYS AGO THEY JUST KNOW THERE SICK TODAY AND IT BUILDS UP .
WE HAVE LOST THREE PEOPLE JUST THIS WEEK TO OVER DOSES IN THE AUSTIN AREA ALONE. ALOT OF THEM I WAS CLOSE TO AND IT HIT HOME.
I PRAY FOR THE FAMILY AND THOSE WHO WERE CLOSE TO HER TO EASE THERE PAIN, SHE WAS ONLY 33YR OLD . SEAMS LIKE THEY ARE GETTING YOUNGER AND YOUNGER NOW DYING .
I WISH THAT EVERYONE WOULD WAKE UP AND SEE THAT THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN WAKNING UP AND DOIN A PILL.
BUT THEY WONT AND NOBODY CAN STOP THEM , AUSTIN IS BAD BUT THEN AGAIN IT IS NT NO WORSE THAN OTHER TOWNS THEY JUST HIDE THERE PROBLEMS BETTER THAN AUSTIN BECAUSE THERE A BIGGER TOWN , SCOTTSBURG IS NO BETTER IT HAS PROSITUTES THEY JUST GO ABOUT IT IN DIFFERENT WAY .
I AM SO THANKFUL MY NIECES AND NEPHEW STAY HOME AND PLAY WI AND PLAY WITH GAMES , YES IT IS EXPENSIVE AND MOST PEOPLE SAY THAT THEY ARE SPOILED AND GET MAD BECUASE MY FAMILY BUYS THEM ALL THAT STUFF BUT TRUTH IS IF IT KEEPS THEM OFF THE STREETS IT IS WORTH ANY AMOUNT .
THANK YO FOR READING THIS AND MY PRAYERS GOES OUT TO BUCK HER DAD. HE GETS ONL HERE DAILY PLEASE PEOPLE RESPECT HIM AND DONT SAY BAD THINGS ABOT HER WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPEND IT DOESNT NEED TO BE BROADCASTED.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Austin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Micheal Mosely 1 hr Long arm of the law 2
Brittnay Campbell-------P O F S 10 hr Anti-everything 2
trump #1-the demise of the democraptic party 10 hr Anti-everything 39
snowflake,what is a?description of 10 hr Anti-everything 17
Shane Deaton another DUI 23 hr interesting 7
hills 4x4 on fire??? (Mar '09) Thu Anti-everything 8
Illegal Immigration (May '12) Thu Anti-everything 4

Austin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance