Trick or Treating for the kiddo's this year....

Posted in the Austin Forum

WWAD

Florence, KY

#1 Sep 28, 2010
Is there a safe place to take your kids anymore in Scott County for Halloween? I know you should always have your treats checked regardless of where you go although we live here does anyone have any ideas on where to go?
WHAT

United States

#2 Sep 28, 2010
That new nursing home on Moonglo Rd,its ok in behind wal mart at those houses not bad.They should be some places in the giveaway to go,I will keep a eye out for things,O at the fire house in Scottsburg its nice,they got a little haunted house set up for the kids,fire house in Austin,and that church across the road,they have games,jumping gym and treats,cookies,drinks.The church on Church St also they pass it out of there trunks,plus cookies,cake,so theres alot of nice places to go.
mykidsarework

Lexington, KY

#3 Sep 30, 2010
Yep i like the firestation also in Scottsburg and we hit the nursing homes as they so love to see kiddo's!

Some years we just do a party and invite kids we know and they can donate candy to the cause if they want but don't have to..We put it all in big tubs and when they leave we split it all out..

While they are here we have water balloon fights outside and just find things to do that are fun..They play tag in the yard or hide and seek etc..

I'm not sure yet what we are doin this year i'm leanin on the party..That was an awesome water balloon fight we had last year!!..lmao

I think i had more fun than the kids..lol
red

United States

#4 Sep 30, 2010
The only safe way is to make them stuff at home! Trust noone not even the candy factories! We can't even buy toys that are safe for kids....I'm sure that somewhere in this screwed up world there. Is some freak at a candy factory that thinks its ok to poison small innocent children!
what

United States

#5 Sep 30, 2010
Get real,I THINK YOU ARE FLIPPING OUT,the candy factory,lmao,Im sure its safe straight from the store!!!
mykidsarework

Lexington, KY

#6 Sep 30, 2010
You just never know these days there are some pretty sick twisted people living in this world.

All it takes is one pissed off employee on a candy line in todays sick world if ya really think about it. Anything is really possible.

When it comes to mykids i flip out also..lol Yes i am paranoid i know...lol
red

United States

#7 Sep 30, 2010
When it comes to my kids I am very overprotective! And yes I am one of those mothers who checks their kids candy everytime they get a piece.....

There are freaks out there who get off on the knowledge of hurting someone and never getting caught.

They put poison in toys for small children.....why not candy too?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Austin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erica stidham Theif 58 min moo 4
Jamie Knowles 8 hr SuPpLe sOuSeR 8
Scott County jail (Mar '14) 8 hr Guy Hendrix 14
word game. a ~2~ z (Mar '14) 11 hr -Lily- 361
Zaramca Brief on Musical Arrangement Thu Gerry Zaragemca 4
Randi Whittymore of morgan foods (Sep '13) Oct 21 KEVIN HENDRIX 20
James Riley: Thief, Loser, And Total Lowlife (Mar '10) Oct 21 KEVIN HENDRIX 20
Austin Dating
Find my Match

Austin Jobs