Foundations Family Medicine, Dr. Cooke

Foundations Family Medicine, Dr. Cooke

Posted in the Austin Forum

New to area

Louisville, KY

#1 Jan 22, 2011
I just recently moved here and I am looking for a doctor for my family. Is this group good?
Info

Lexington, KY

#2 Jan 22, 2011
I like Dr cooke & Lori Spillman but am not fond of Mark Bostic ~~ So if you can see Lori or Dr cooke it will be okay but ask for them and not Mark
New to area

Louisville, KY

#3 Jan 22, 2011
Is Mark even a doctor?
Info

Lexington, KY

#4 Jan 22, 2011
He is a practitioner
oldman

Dayton, OH

#5 Jan 22, 2011
Dr.Stevens would be proud!
seriously

AOL

#6 Jan 22, 2011
New to area wrote:
I just recently moved here and I am looking for a doctor for my family. Is this group good?
I really like Stacy the new nurse practitioner I would recommend her over Dr. Cooke or Lori although I do like either of them but yeah don't ask for or see Mark
DRT

Louisville, KY

#7 Jan 23, 2011
I've seen Mark several times and he's very good. I prefer to see him when I go to the doctor. Actually, everyone there seems very caring and respectful. I think some people have had some issues with Mark not prescribing what they "want". But that's not a bad thing, right? Anyway, I'd recommend Cooke's office and we are fortunate to have them in Austin!!!
Dana

Louisville, KY

#8 Jan 23, 2011
DRT wrote:
I've seen Mark several times and he's very good. I prefer to see him when I go to the doctor. Actually, everyone there seems very caring and respectful. I think some people have had some issues with Mark not prescribing what they "want". But that's not a bad thing, right? Anyway, I'd recommend Cooke's office and we are fortunate to have them in Austin!!!
I agree, I think Mark is great, I prefer to see him over the others but they are all very nice and really seem to care about getting you better. For those of you who are upset with him for not prescribing the pills that you want just realize that the doctors that do that are alot of times being lazy and just give you what you want to get you out the door when all those pain pills are doing is masking the problem and I think Mark wants to help you get to the root of your problem and get you healthy. Pain pills are not healthy, I've been there.
curious too

AOL

#9 Jan 23, 2011
New to area wrote:
I just recently moved here and I am looking for a doctor for my family. Is this group good?
I was going there, being new in town also, but it got to where it was a hassle, never could get anyone to answer phone. I'd have to hop in car and drive over to get a message to them. They never return your calls. Took me almost a month to get a prescription straighten out,that they had messed up. They are nice, but slack in the care.
momof3

Lexington, KY

#10 Jan 23, 2011
Dana wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, I think Mark is great, I prefer to see him over the others but they are all very nice and really seem to care about getting you better. For those of you who are upset with him for not prescribing the pills that you want just realize that the doctors that do that are alot of times being lazy and just give you what you want to get you out the door when all those pain pills are doing is masking the problem and I think Mark wants to help you get to the root of your problem and get you healthy. Pain pills are not healthy, I've been there.
That would not be my reason for preferring one of the others over Mark. I don't take use pain pills.
resident

Florence, KY

#11 Jan 23, 2011
stacy is the best she really understand our needs for othe kids thanks for understanding!!!! keep up the good work
Austin Res

Evansville, IN

#12 Jan 23, 2011
Dr. Cooke is good, but they OVERBOOK appointments and patients delay him as well. I'm glad that no-good Corrine isn't there, but unfortunately she's a pharmacy tech over at Stewarts. She makes her own decisions and you have to watch her.
He really needs a partner that is an actual M.D. things run too slow over there. But, for the most part he's good.
thun

United States

#13 Jan 28, 2011
Austin Res wrote:
Dr. Cooke is good, but they OVERBOOK appointments and patients delay him as well. I'm glad that no-good Corrine isn't there, but unfortunately she's a pharmacy tech over at Stewarts. She makes her own decisions and you have to watch her.
He really needs a partner that is an actual M.D. things run too slow over there. But, for the most part he's good.
bless his heart ..just my opinion..I think he is trying to cure all the addicts in austin!
candygurl

Scottsburg, IN

#14 Jan 28, 2011
is it a pain clinic?
thun

United States

#15 Jan 28, 2011
candygurl wrote:
is it a pain clinic?
no
concerned12

Scottsburg, IN

#16 Jan 28, 2011
good! austin dont need more drugs and trash!!!! most ppl sell what they get anyways
Austin Res

Evansville, IN

#17 Jan 28, 2011
candygurl wrote:
is it a pain clinic?
No, Dr. Cooke is just a Family Physician. If you need a specialist then he refers you. But, yes we need to stop all these "fake" pain scripts. Don't know if he's doing it or not, but I heard a Dr. in Scottsburg, and New Albany give scripts out like candy. So, I don't know. But, he's just a regular physician. He needs another Dr. in the office not those idiots, wannabe nurse practioner. I think he does that so he don't have to split the $$$ with them if he had a real Dr. as a partner. Wish he quit that overbooking crap. I hate sitting all day when I'm on time for an appt. and I have to wait hours to get in. My time is valuable. Maybe I should charge him for each minute I'm delayed. lol
Anna

Scottsburg, IN

#18 Jan 28, 2011
I heard Dr. Kho was the one giving out pain meds like crazy, not sure if that is true. its sad that this county is full of druggies. If the drs wouldnt give them out every time someone walks in there office then the whole county wouldnt be addicted to them! And if a crackie wants pills bad enough they will sit in a office all day and wait!
me

Lexington, KY

#19 Jan 29, 2011
thun wrote:
<quoted text>bless his heart ..just my opinion..I think he is trying to cure all the addicts in austin!
Yes I agree that's great !!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Austin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why do gays spread so much hate??? 6 hr Sean Oreilly 3
homosexuality, belief, and eternal salvation in... 6 hr The Devil is fake... 3
drugs 13 hr none 1
Lonnie and jessica 20 hr John1769 5
A Gay Pride Parade In Austin Would Be Nice Tue Citizen Cain 10
Renee Mills "You said you Loved ME" Tue misterX1984 1
News Police: 4 found dead in burned house were shot (Jan '11) Tue victum 145
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Austin Mortgages