soldier from Cabot has been killed in...

soldier from Cabot has been killed in Afghanistan

Posted in the Austin Forum

K Meger

Cabot, AR

#1 Sep 24, 2012
Does anyone out there have any information on when and where the funeralfor Sgt. Jason Swindle will be located, and times and the route to what cemetery will they be taking him. I would like to stand on the route with the flag in honor for our fallen hero.
workhard

Cabot, AR

#2 Sep 24, 2012
I think it is this weekend. I have heard that the Westboro people intend to protest the funeral. Please bear in kin that, at this point, it is not confirmed, but it is being said.
brother in law

United States

#4 Sep 25, 2012
The arrangements have not been finalized yet, we are aware of the possible protesters, thank you for any and all support
workhard

United States

#5 Sep 25, 2012
brother in law wrote:
The arrangements have not been finalized yet, we are aware of the possible protesters, thank you for any and all support
I know that there is a group of folks from the base, but not endorsed by base leadership, who are looking for volunteers to come and block the WBC folks. I only added the lack of endorsement to emphasis that it is not an official function and will be people acting of their own accord.
K Meger

Cabot, AR

#6 Sep 25, 2012
Workhard, if you need me to help in blocking those freaks I will be glad to help sheld the family from that. Also please let us know when they are going to bring our hero home. As I said I would like to stand on the route with my flag.

“The Ice Princess of Topix”

Since: Nov 11

Cabot, Arkansas

#7 Sep 26, 2012
Does anyone actually have any information regarding the rumor about Westboro coming? I've combed through all their twitter accounts, their website, and various local news stories and have YET to find anything.
workhard

Cabot, AR

#8 Sep 26, 2012
Brooke Mason wrote:
Does anyone actually have any information regarding the rumor about Westboro coming? I've combed through all their twitter accounts, their website, and various local news stories and have YET to find anything.
I have not read anything that confirms their intentions.
ozone warriorbrotherho od

Little Rock, AR

#9 Sep 26, 2012
patriot guard has recieved a mission and will be in attendance. If you go to the westboro church site they do have a flyer stating they will protest this soldiers funeral. the warrior Brotherhood mc will be there.

Cabot, Arkansas

#10 Sep 26, 2012
ozone warriorbrotherhood wrote:
patriot guard has recieved a mission and will be in attendance. If you go to the westboro church site they do have a flyer stating they will protest this soldiers funeral. the warrior Brotherhood mc will be there.
Provide a link? I am on their website (and checked their other websites) and I am confused as to where this is located.
Voice of Reason

United States

#13 Sep 27, 2012
Go to their website and look at news releases. That is where you will find it.

Cabot, Arkansas

#14 Sep 27, 2012
Voice of Reason wrote:
Go to their website and look at news releases. That is where you will find it.
Ah, yep. Found it. Thank you!

Since: Sep 12

Cabot, AR

#15 Sep 27, 2012
I bet brooke wants to help westboro, seems like her style

Cabot, Arkansas

#16 Sep 27, 2012
Billiam Clinton wrote:
I bet brooke wants to help westboro, seems like her style
I am gay, I am a Pagan, I support equality, women's rights, and the sacrifice of our military even if I disagree with the reasons the government sends them to war.

...Yup. Sounds -just- like WBC.

England, AR

#17 Sep 28, 2012
HE was there for US. Now, let US be there for HIM!

Cabot native Army Sgt. Jason Swindle was killed in action while serving in Afghanistan. Sgt. Swindle was supporting Operation Enduring Freedom. He was assigned to 1st Battalion, 64th Armor Regiment, 2nd Heavy Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, Fort Stewart, Ga.. Sgt. Swindle had four deployments and posthumously earned the Bronze Star and Purple Heart medals.

Sgt. Swindle, age 24, was a Class of 2006 graduate of Cabot High School. He was a husband, father, son, brother, fellow soldier, and friend to many.

His funeral is 2 pm on Saturday, September 29, 2012 at the First Baptist Church Beebe followed by burial at Meadowbrook Memorial Gardens Cemetery in Beebe.

Our mission is to show our respect, support, appreciation, and love for Sgt. Swindle and his family and friends. We will line both sides of the road on the route from the church to the cemetery and form a "Red, White, and Blue" line.

***IMPORTANT***

Please take the time to read the following information:

1. Please bring an American flag to hold if you have one. We will have approximately 500 flags to hand out which were generously donated.

2. Please wear red, white, and/or blue. Military personnel have been told to NOT wear their uniform.

3. Please line both sides of the street of the route all the way from the church to the cemetery.

4. As the procession goes by, please place your right hand over your heart. If you are prior military or active duty, please salute. This will present a breathtaking visual show of patriotism.

5. Many business owners will be receptive to sharing their parking lots. PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL AND POLITELY REQUEST PERMISSION FROM THE BUSINESS PRIOR TO PARKING IN ANY BUSINESS PARKING LOT. Please refrain from parking on church property so that the family and friends attending the service will have a place to park. Also, please do not park in the funeral home parking lot. Start lining the path just east of the entry way for the church without blocking the driveway.

6. IMPORTANT! If anyone is there picketing, please DO NOT engage with them under ANY circumstances. Do not even make eye contact with them. Ignore them completely. If you do not feel that you will be able to comply with this request I respectfully ask that you pay your respects from home. Our mission is to provide a peaceful presence for Sgt. Swindle's family and friends. The Patriot Guard Riders will be there to handle any disturbances should they arise.

7. Children are welcome and encouraged to join in paying tribute to Sgt. Jason Swindle. However, I want to ask everyone who plans to bring children to please be sure that they are able to behave and be respectful (silent, hand over heart, etc.). Thanks.

8. Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Bring water if you will be there for a long time. Bring an umbrella/rain poncho (just in case).

Weather forecast for Saturday:
Cloudy
High 77
Chance of rain: 20%

9. Check this page BEFORE heading out to Beebe on Saturday for any last minute information/changes.

Thank you to all who plan to attend.

Lastly, please take a moment to share this event of your Facebook page. Thank you.

Questions? Send an email to [email protected]

First Baptist Church Beebe
101 W. Hwy 64
Beebe, Arkansas
Map and Directions: https://maps.google.com/maps/ms...

Westbrook Funeral Home
404 W. Dewitt Henry Drive
Beebe, Arkansas

Meadowbrook Memorial Gardens Cemetery
404 W. Dewitt Henry Drive
Beebe, Arkansas

https://www.facebook.com/events/5248266641981...
Proud

Cabot, AR

#18 Oct 2, 2012
I was proud to see that those picketing were shown little to none of the attention they so desperately crave by the local media.

Cabot, Arkansas

#19 Oct 2, 2012
Proud wrote:
I was proud to see that those picketing were shown little to none of the attention they so desperately crave by the local media.
I didn't even see picketers at all.
Nic Bradley

Cabot, AR

#20 Oct 3, 2012
I didn't see any picketers there at all so they much have hid then pretty god then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Austin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Round Abouts 6 hr Annoyed 2
pulled over for license plate lighting (Apr '12) 12 hr Nikkipomp 98
Review: AAA Septic Pumping 18 hr Robert Cowling 11
derek beasley (Sep '16) Tue Former Badger 12
White Pride (Nov '16) Tue Team Kelly 13
boycot under armor Tue Team Kelly 5
News Man Accused of Raping a Teen Family Member (Sep '07) Jul '17 anon 7

Austin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance