11 arrested on drug charges

11 arrested on drug charges

There are 46 comments on the Douglas County Sentinel story from Feb 20, 2010, titled 11 arrested on drug charges. In it, Douglas County Sentinel reports that:

Eleven suspects were arrested this week and charged with distributing marijuana and hashish in what District Attorney David McDade called a oeone of the most extensive drug conspiracies Ia ve ever seen in Douglas County.a McDade said the alleged ring is suspected of operating a drug distribution network with ties to a marijuana grower in California ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Douglas County Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Charles Farley

Peachtree City, GA

#1 Feb 20, 2010
What's funny about this is how they gained most of their evidence in such a short time. Because the "dealers" got all cocky and started to run their mouths. The investigation seems to have started because of an overheard conversation. Dealing dope is risky enough without having a bunch of big mouth morons in the crew. Sorry guys and girls, but I don't feel sorry for you at all, you ran your mouth and got caught. Now you'll blame it on what? The economy? Bush? Whitey? Heck, I'm just glad to see the cops pull this off with REAL police work instead of sitting on their arses while a bunch of moronic "informants" do the legwork. Also congrats on the money you get to seize from the California banks. The war on drugs is a license to steal legally. And since you get all the money, the people involved will not be able to defend themselves. So it's just a win-win all around. CF
heather cunningham

Macon, GA

#3 Feb 24, 2010
well my younger brother was tied up in all this mess. he had just graduated college with a bachelors in geology, my brother has never been in any kind of trouble in his life. this bust actually is connected to the one that happened in cherokee county not long ago. its bullshit charges. my brother said he is innocent of what they are tring to charge him with and was denied bail because he has a passport. for his graduation my parents sent him to europe (guess that was a mistake)

Since: Jun 07

D'ville, GA

#4 Feb 24, 2010
“one of the most extensive drug conspiracies I’ve ever seen in Douglas County.”.....but the powers to be don't know about it until a bust happens in Cherokee County?

And why is it that it's always "high grade" drugs? I guess you don't get busted if it's the cheap stuff.
The Sage

Marietta, GA

#5 Feb 24, 2010
So your brother was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, just like everyone else in prison?? Get a clue!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#6 Feb 24, 2010
Yes getting busted with drugs is a BS charge..........Give me a break.
Proud hater

Atlanta, GA

#7 Feb 24, 2010
How do people defend this scum?
Innocent Bysitter

Carrollton, GA

#8 Feb 24, 2010
I sure miss Earl Lee! The only ones who speak bad of him were the guilty or their families.

“I know, right!”

Since: Nov 08

I'm a Georgia Gal!

#9 Feb 24, 2010
Well, please tell your brother I'm sorry this happened to him. If he is truly basically innocent for the most part, then hopefully you guys can afford a decent attorney and get probation, fine, community service. Tell him I said when this is all said and done to get his butt to California, Nevada, New Mexico, Alaska, Massachusettes, Colorada, Hawaii, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont or Montanna, as these are the states who have the most informed marijuana laws. Georgia pot laws are pretty intense.

Just how high-grade was it? Probably grown in Mendocino County! Damn! I haven't smoked hash in almost 30 years. Anyway, here's to the kid. If he truly was basically innocent, firt-time offender, etc., here to the best for the kid.

Hey, there's an attorney here in Douglasville, Winn, who is listed on the NORML site as a pro-mj defense attorney. I don't know though, he seems to have some serious ties to Douglasville. Good luck.
heather cunningham wrote:
well my younger brother was tied up in all this mess. he had just graduated college with a bachelors in geology, my brother has never been in any kind of trouble in his life. this bust actually is connected to the one that happened in cherokee county not long ago. its bullshit charges. my brother said he is innocent of what they are tring to charge him with and was denied bail because he has a passport. for his graduation my parents sent him to europe (guess that was a mistake)

Location hidden

#10 Feb 24, 2010
Earl didn't put up with any crap around Douglasville, that's for sure.
May he RIP.

“I know, right!”

I'm a Georgia Gal!

#11 Feb 24, 2010
I adored Earl Lee and still adore Phil Miller! I really wish they'd make a movie about Earl Lee with a little Red Palmer in the mix! Earl Lee was one of a kind, for sure.

Location hidden

#12 Feb 24, 2010
Kindred Spirit wrote:
I adored Earl Lee and still adore Phil Miller! I really wish they'd make a movie about Earl Lee with a little Red Palmer in the mix! Earl Lee was one of a kind, for sure.
I remember this one time one of Reds Tigers got out. I sure wouldn't want to be driving down the road to see a tiger running down the side of it. LOL
That would make the zebra news look like a piece of cake.
One good thing is Red could capture the tiger easily, since he did invent the tranquilizer gun.
FED UP

United States

#13 Feb 24, 2010
WOW, a person gets arrested on drug charges and he says he's innocent, and didn't do anything wrong! That's a first! Gimme a break. Maybe you could help OJ find the real killers!

“I know, right!”

I'm a Georgia Gal!

#14 Feb 24, 2010
I know, right! My husband used to take my baby girl over there, and they would ride around in the golf cart around the property, and I was so afraid that one of those lions would get out and eat my baby! Scared me to death!

After Red died, the lions were sent to a place up in North Georgia, a home for exotic animals. Last I heard, they were still alive and doing well. The hyenna died a few years ago - Stinky - oldest hyenna kept in captivity. I know the wolves got out several times and animal patrol actually shot and killed 1 (maybe 2) of them. Broke my heart. I loved those wolves. The ones that are alive are at a home, too, doing well. The elk are gone. Somebody jumped the fence and actually shot the last male, and I (think) the female died.

Man, that man could tell some stories. You never wanted to mention DuPont or you would be there for hours! He was pretty cool, though, most times. If he liked you, he had a very generous heart. If he didn't like you, for whatever reason, look out, he could be mean as a rattlesnake. Apparently him and Earl Lee went around and around for years, which is why I think he should be in the movie.
bad news

Boynton Beach, FL

#15 Feb 24, 2010
everyone in jail is innocent to hear them talk about it.

“I know, right!”

I'm a Georgia Gal!

#16 Feb 24, 2010
Or they're the victim. Hell, don't do the crime if you can't do the time, know your rights, hold your head high and face your punishment. You'll have more respect in the long run. I hate it when people play the victim.
bad news wrote:
<quoted text>
everyone in jail is innocent to hear them talk about it.

Location hidden

#17 Feb 24, 2010
What drives me crazy is how families get on the 6 o'clock news, defending their law breaking family members.
That is why things will never change, especially within certain communities. They can not condemn the behavior. Instead they want to put all of the blame on law enforcement. They were framed, in the wrong place, didn't know the person yadda yadda yadda. It is like listening to a broken record.
Sandra Barber Rabern

Jacksonville, FL

#18 Feb 24, 2010
There are some people who canot comprehend that a blood family member could possible get into trouble.Maybe this brother is innocent or maybe he is guilty.You just have to trust the juditial system to come up with the answers.I do believe the company you keep could lure you into drugs and traficing drugs.People are too eager to fit into groups of people.Everyone wants to be liked and accepted.If the groups of people you are hanging out with use and sell drugs,you had better run the other way.The local police are watching these folk very closely,you too if you are in the company of drugies.
Spankster

Douglasville, GA

#19 Feb 24, 2010
Well, at least nobody is blaming Bush for it this time!
Question

Bremen, GA

#20 Feb 24, 2010
Innocent my foot! Thats why he had dope in his residence when it was searched, or so I have heard.
concerned

Lilburn, GA

#21 Feb 25, 2010
when will people open their eyes?......the drug laws need to change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Austell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Winston Baseball 6 & Under Fall Ball Rules 18 hr Ajax 1
Dr. Kamal Kabakibou Atlanta GA (Feb '12) Tue Raymond 29
Police Scanner Mon Tolerman 4
News Kool Smiles patients file class-action lawsuit ... (Feb '08) Mon neeka_raw36 209
Free cricket refill Jun 24 Vanaa 2
Review: Deya's Dominican Hair Salon (Aug '11) Jun 23 Ellen 19
Douglas County Public Safety Alert Jun 22 Henry 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Austell Mortgages