'Heal my land' the message at Douglas County National Day of Prayer events
There are 5 comments on the Douglas County Sentinel story from May 3, 2013, titled 'Heal my land' the message at Douglas County National Day of Prayer events. In it, Douglas County Sentinel reports that:
Douglas County Magistrate Court Judge Barbara Caldwell was one of eight presenters at the Douglas County National Day of Prayer gathering at the courthouse Thursday asking God to 'help us with the courage and the strength as we go out to do your work and show others by our example that your way is the only way.' Local residents gathered at two ... (more)
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Douglas County Sentinel.
#1 May 4, 2013
Wow. Does DC ever need help with land they sold to my husband and I long ago! It is center of where city/county meet.
This has caused hardship to my late husband and me, and a community, and government tyranny is not the way. Loss of liberty is not right.
God's way is, but it sure is taking a long time for people to respond in spirit.
It is at center, so you might want to say a prayer for all impacted by this mess.
We the people need it. If Douglasville ever gets back to our core values, and acts in accordance with the universal spirit, regardless of one's personal faith,or personality, we all win.
The people need to listen to God's truth, with this land, and act in accordance with the laws of land, and the laws of spirit.
Then we begin to build a better place. Until then we are stuck in muck.
Go green. Build walking biking trails and stop throwing our resources down the drain.
Anything more then that posted here, is just too complicated to explain.
#2 May 4, 2013
Did you know the day after "National day of prayer" is called, "National Day of disappointment"? Gee, that's odd that it didn't work AGAIN! I wonder why?
Imagine what a wonderful world this would be without religion. If you really study history you will see that religion has always been the root of the worlds worst problems and deadliest human events. And don't be so gullible as to believe that YOUR religion is exempt and is somehow the CORRECT one. You are living inside the circle...try stepping out for once and really think about the ridiculousness of your fantastical beliefs.
#3 May 4, 2013
You are assuming I am speaking about religion. I believe in a spirit greater then I. I don't care if you don't believe in a power greater then you, or if you do. I don't care if you call him Jesus, God, Mohammad, or the great wizard in the sky, that is up to you. I don't care if you don't believe. That is up to you. I know many disagree with me, that is my view. I have no need to convince you.
I have no need to convince you my religion is better or not, or believe yours is or not. I just don't go there. It is our personal faith. There is a prayer group for land, I think this land needs prayer, as it impacts many.
I was given a vision. The spirit of the law, matters. There is law and there is spirit of the law.
When we disregard the spirit of the law, it is muddy, which is why we are here today celebrating as you call it, the National Day of Disappointment.
#4 May 4, 2013
Let me just come out and say it then. Praying to the tooth fairy will have as much value as praying to any of the thousands of other gods, makers, supreme beings, creators, overseers, divine spirits, or whatever it is you choose to believe in. The difference between god and Santa Clause is that your parents eventually admitted to you that Santa isn't real when you realized that he couldn't possibly exist. 90% of religious people know deep down there is no god, they just continue the charade in order to fit into the pack. 8% are just using it to make their living, and the final 2% are zealots with mental illness. Those 2% are the most dangerous because the other 98% will follow them no matter how outrageous and immoral their actions may be due to herd mentality. Consider: religious wars, crusades, terrorism, holy wars, persecutions...the list goes on and on. Quit wasting your time with prayer and do something constructive on your own.
#5 May 4, 2013
Please don't say the tooth fairy doesn't exist. I still believe.
Add your comments below
|Local officials react to a week of national vio...||12 hr||the truth||7|
|No SPLOSH for Foxhole||15 hr||Daniel||58|
|Need Replacement Windows (Jan '13)||Mon||Elmer||28|
|Lithia Springs Music Forum (Nov '12)||Mon||Musikologist||22|
|Property Tax Increase||Jul 25||taxpayer 112||6|
|Any douglasville runners (Mar '08)||Jul 24||Ozz||11|
|Plantation Estates MH park! Bad experiences any... (Jul '12)||Jul 24||Raymond||5|
Find what you want!
Search Austell Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC