Clint Payne - PsychoTherapist

Posted in the Austell Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Concerned Father

Atlanta, GA

#1 Nov 24, 2009
Wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this guy. Someone suggested him as a resource for my daughter, but I've never heard of him before. Just looking for some honest input.
Highly Recommend

Villa Rica, GA

#2 Nov 24, 2009
Concerned Father wrote:
Wondering if anyone has any knowledge of this guy. Someone suggested him as a resource for my daughter, but I've never heard of him before. Just looking for some honest input.
Clint has worked with many kids (and adults)in this community. He's really a terrific guy and a great counselor, especially for kids. I think your daughter and you will be very comfortable with him and will find him to be a great resource. Best of luck!

Since: Feb 08

Douglasville, Georgia

#3 Nov 24, 2009
Where is his office?
class act

Lawrenceville, GA

#4 Nov 25, 2009
is HE psycho or the patients he sees?
Highly Recommend

Villa Rica, GA

#5 Nov 25, 2009
elementaryhistoryteacher wrote:
Where is his office?
His office is in that church that used to be an old furniture store that is across from the old Wal-Mart on Douglas Blvd. I don't think he's a psychotherapist, but I believe he's a psychologist and has done counseling work.
parent

Conyers, GA

#6 Nov 25, 2009
If he's the one that works at the local charter school, I'd stay away from him. I've had contacts with him and I really get a bad feeling from him. He seems creepy to me (that's just my personal opinion!) I know of a few people who have used him and left quickly. If this is the same guy, he is not the greatest family counselor. He's not been unbiased in his helping of family situations, and even harbored people who are cheating on their spouses. Which was detrimental to one family at the charter school and the child in the family. I also know of a few people who have used him and been happy. I just know that I don't like his methods, or his inability to be unbiased in family disputes. I'd tread carefully when using him. Of course it is up to you to make that decision, but since you asked what people knew, I've given you my opinion and experience with the guy.
parent

Conyers, GA

#7 Nov 25, 2009
And since you asked, I would NEVER let my child be in his care. But again, you may choose otherwise.
local

Douglasville, GA

#8 Nov 25, 2009
parent wrote:
If he's the one that works at the local charter school, I'd stay away from him. I've had contacts with him and I really get a bad feeling from him. He seems creepy to me (that's just my personal opinion!) I know of a few people who have used him and left quickly. If this is the same guy, he is not the greatest family counselor. He's not been unbiased in his helping of family situations, and even harbored people who are cheating on their spouses. Which was detrimental to one family at the charter school and the child in the family. I also know of a few people who have used him and been happy. I just know that I don't like his methods, or his inability to be unbiased in family disputes. I'd tread carefully when using him. Of course it is up to you to make that decision, but since you asked what people knew, I've given you my opinion and experience with the guy.
Couple of points:
You are obviously a woman: No logic, all emotion.
probably a woman who has been "wronged" by husband or b/f

Common lie: "I also know of a few people " please...
this is a very common way to bolster an opinion

You expect a counselor/intermediatary type of person to UNBIASED??

If your husband cheats on you, do you expect a marriage counselor to be unbiased towards your husband?

If parents are being verbally abusive to a child, do you expect a family counselor to be unbiased?

In order for someone to help in a similar situation, the root cause must be identified. Someone is in the wrong, more so than the other, intentional or not.
parent

Conyers, GA

#9 Nov 25, 2009
yes, I'm a woman and I do admit to being emotional. I am logical and take offense to the all emotional comment. I have never been wronged by my husband and have a wonderful relationship with him. I do know a few people, friends, co-workers, children who have gone to see him. So no, my comment of a few people is actually true. Their opinion of him is mixed. More have said they didn't like him or didn't like his methods. Only one liked him. I even had contact with him at the local charter school and like I said he gave me the creeps. And this feeling came before I knew of any of the other people he's helped. I even had the opportunity to let my child see him. I refused. I don't like his methods. A person on this forum asked for opinions, and that's just what I gave, MY opinion. So, if you please, my opinion is based on my experience, don't knock it until you've seen what I've seen. I don't knock those who have used this indivdiual and liked his methods, I even admitted there are some. I just gave my opinion, obviously, you have a differing one, good for you. Now if you please, quit degrading me for writing back to a person who asked!
Emotional Sounds Right

Villa Rica, GA

#10 Nov 25, 2009
parent wrote:
yes, I'm a woman and I do admit to being emotional. I am logical and take offense to the all emotional comment. I have never been wronged by my husband and have a wonderful relationship with him. I do know a few people, friends, co-workers, children who have gone to see him. So no, my comment of a few people is actually true. Their opinion of him is mixed. More have said they didn't like him or didn't like his methods. Only one liked him. I even had contact with him at the local charter school and like I said he gave me the creeps. And this feeling came before I knew of any of the other people he's helped. I even had the opportunity to let my child see him. I refused. I don't like his methods. A person on this forum asked for opinions, and that's just what I gave, MY opinion. So, if you please, my opinion is based on my experience, don't knock it until you've seen what I've seen. I don't knock those who have used this indivdiual and liked his methods, I even admitted there are some. I just gave my opinion, obviously, you have a differing one, good for you. Now if you please, quit degrading me for writing back to a person who asked!
If YOUR child has actually never seen him, then how do you know what his methods are? Sounds like you're basing your input on 1) heresay that probably came from someone you know that didn't like the outcome of their own situation and 2) Some unsubstantiated "creepy" feeling that probably is rooted in your friend's personal bias. I don't think your input helps the person inquiring very much to make a good decision for their child.
class act

Lawrenceville, GA

#11 Nov 25, 2009
local wrote:
<quoted text>
Couple of points:
You are obviously a woman: No logic, all emotion.
probably a woman who has been "wronged" by husband or b/f
Common lie: "I also know of a few people " please...
this is a very common way to bolster an opinion
You expect a counselor/intermediatary type of person to UNBIASED??
If your husband cheats on you, do you expect a marriage counselor to be unbiased towards your husband?
If parents are being verbally abusive to a child, do you expect a family counselor to be unbiased?
In order for someone to help in a similar situation, the root cause must be identified. Someone is in the wrong, more so than the other, intentional or not.
sounds like the old doc himself.a thinker
Replant

Douglasville, GA

#12 Nov 25, 2009
I'll tell you all which counselor is creepy, it's Sam Haskell, who is also on the school board, great way to get around, huh!! That's probably who this woman is referring to, sounds like him.
ladybug

Conyers, GA

#13 Nov 25, 2009
Emotional Sounds Right wrote:
<quoted text>
If YOUR child has actually never seen him, then how do you know what his methods are? Sounds like you're basing your input on 1) heresay that probably came from someone you know that didn't like the outcome of their own situation and 2) Some unsubstantiated "creepy" feeling that probably is rooted in your friend's personal bias. I don't think your input helps the person inquiring very much to make a good decision for their child.
Because I saw him.
ladybug

Conyers, GA

#14 Nov 25, 2009
Emotional Sounds Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops, so sorry, I forgot the rest of my reply. I know "parent" is right, because I saw him for myself. I agree with parent. I have some disagreements with the counselor and his methods.
oneintheknow

Conyers, GA

#15 Nov 25, 2009
This "counselor" is the one and the same from Brighten Academy. He was hired after saving the new director's marriage. I guess he was good enough to help this marriage. However, I do believe there is some conflict of interest, since this "counselor" is now working for the person he counseled. Again Brighten hires pretty much family or friends without the benefit of going through a standard job search every company should go through to find the best and most qualified person for the job. I once had my child see this "counselor" and I wasn't too thrilled. I'd rather have someone trained in school guidance and counseling instead of just someone who was paid to save the director's marriage. I'd also like to have seen his license or certification to practice in a school.
Experienced

Carrollton, GA

#16 Nov 25, 2009
I speak from experience. My ex was court ordered to get a psychological evaluation from a psychologist in D'Ville. He had no idea what he was doing. However, the judge ruled in MY favor from the botched "evaluation" of the doctor. I suppose I shouldn't complain about it, though. Frankly, I would try to steer clear of all "therapists" and "counselors." They seem to me to be very much like lawyers, plumbers, and other folks who work by the hour.

Since: Aug 09

Villa Rica

#17 Nov 27, 2009
I find it funny that all the names of business people who are being "reviewed" on topix have some connection to Brighten. Whether they are parents of students or associated professionally with Brighten, their names are put up here and their business practices called into question. It might be just a huge coincidence, but the more names that pop up on these threads it becomes less likely that its not happenstance.
oneintheknow

Conyers, GA

#18 Nov 27, 2009
Hmmmm, makes me wonder too! I saw the thread and put what I experienced. Just goes to show you that the school is rife with nepotism. Way too many family and friends working at this place. If you don't tow the line, they kick you out. Runs on the basis of what's best for the students. Granted it is good educationally, however, their hiring process is a bit questionable.

Since: Sep 09

Douglasville, GA

#19 Nov 27, 2009
Replant wrote:
I'll tell you all which counselor is creepy, it's Sam Haskell, who is also on the school board, great way to get around, huh!! That's probably who this woman is referring to, sounds like him.
Amen! I agree with you Replant. I had to take my Mama to him several times after my Dad's passing.I was in her meetings with him. After about 3 appointments my Mama said she didn't like him and said he gave her a really creepy feeling. This came from a 82 yr old woman. I agreed and she never went back. I "personally" would never recommend Dr Haskell.

Since: Aug 09

Villa Rica

#20 Nov 28, 2009
oneintheknow wrote:
This "counselor" is the one and the same from Brighten Academy. He was hired after saving the new director's marriage. I guess he was good enough to help this marriage. However, I do believe there is some conflict of interest, since this "counselor" is now working for the person he counseled. Again Brighten hires pretty much family or friends without the benefit of going through a standard job search every company should go through to find the best and most qualified person for the job. I once had my child see this "counselor" and I wasn't too thrilled. I'd rather have someone trained in school guidance and counseling instead of just someone who was paid to save the director's marriage. I'd also like to have seen his license or certification to practice in a school.
From what I can gather I don't believe his time at Brighten is paid. I don't know that for certain one way or the other though.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Austell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Douglasville Sucks 6 hr Clint 5
News Atlanta Flood of 2009 "Worst in Recorded Histor... (Oct '09) 11 hr Ellen 34
Help! Need an event facility (Sep '09) Wed Ellen 31
corn crib (Oct '08) Jun 21 Tolerman 48
Karen Handler win election Jun 20 Tolerman 1
Why do black people CHOOSE to speak like slaves (Nov '11) Jun 20 The lwrman 123
Card players Jun 19 Testing 3

Austell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Austell Mortgages