Almost 1 Million Fisher-Price Toys Re...

Almost 1 Million Fisher-Price Toys Recalled

There are 9 comments on the WUSA Washington, DC story from Aug 1, 2007, titled Almost 1 Million Fisher-Price Toys Recalled. In it, WUSA Washington, DC reports that:

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firms named below, announced Wednesday a voluntary recall Sesame Street, Dora the Explorer, and other children's toys.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WUSA Washington, DC.

MrsC

Reston, VA

#1 Aug 2, 2007
This show there is something truely wrong when it comes to 1 million toy recalled..
There must have been a change in are safty standards because that seems to be the only logical answer to this kind of recall...
We need the reason ???
MrsC

Reston, VA

#2 Aug 2, 2007
Use a perants trust are safey standerds and trust companys like fisher-price...
What is this saying to us perants then..
EMS

Warren, NJ

#3 Aug 2, 2007
My question is how did this happen? The toys were manufactured in China. Are there lead paint standards there? I believe lead was removed from paint in the US during the late 70's so why is this becoming a problem? Maybe instead of offshoring manufacturing to save a dollar, we should have the products made in this country where they can be more closely monitored. Good luck to the parents that have to take these toys away from their children. Sometimes the attachment is great and I fear there will be a lot of unhappy youngsters in the country today.
blackzombie

Runnemede, NJ

#4 Aug 2, 2007
I applaude Fisher-Price for being so noble as to recall so many things that may have been profitable to them, but harmful to their patrons.. Its obvious that we need to stop buying/manufacturing things from China.. Kudos to Fisher-Price, but China Sucks!!
s bailey

United States

#5 Aug 2, 2007
guess we now know the effects of sending our manufacturing jobs overseas--the possible posioning of our children--when is big business going to realize that they need the little people to buy their products to keep them "BIG"? bring the jobs back here and maybe recalls will become a thing of the past. i wonder if the public can hold these big companies liable for the damage done to the children due to the possibilty of lead posioning?
askgees

Detroit, MI

#6 Aug 2, 2007
Another import from China.

Global economy = The rich getting rich.

There is no such thing as a global economy. It simply mean the rich giving your jobs to another country so they can buy the product cheaper. They get rich we get killed.

Since: Feb 07

Somewhat Southern MD.

#7 Aug 2, 2007
In the name of money, China is killing us with rotten food, lead painted toys, poisoned pet food, disregarding copyrighted music, films, pirating DVDs, and who knows what else.

Maybe we should consider if the label says "Made In China", we should put it back on the shelf and pay a bit more for products made in the U.S.A., another country, or do without.

The Chinese have basically a closed society, starve their people and rule with an iron fist, yet we spend billions of US Dollars with them. Our government kisses China's butt in order to spend more with them.

So, the next time you go to the store, check the label, and decide if you want to further support this greedy regime.

SLB

“Never settle for second best”

Since: Mar 07

MD

#8 Aug 2, 2007
How many items have been recalled over the past year, alone from China??!! This is getting rediculous and now we are dealing with items that could hurt our children. I think the U.S. needs to reevaluate its import needs from China. It is only a matter of time before something very serious and irreversible happens. Oh wait, it already has with the pets that were lost due to China's sub-standards...
jovanna

AOL

#9 Aug 2, 2007
this really needs to stop with the lead may thisbe why all theses kids are having aDD and ect....?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aurora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The O'Connell Case: New forum (Jan '13) Fri Still Hopeful 328
willard drug treatment campus (Mar '07) Nov 13 Jasmine 694
who is she Nov 5 Phil McCrakin 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in New York (... (Oct '10) Nov 1 Voyeur 201
Lodi drug bust Oct 22 Shawn 11
What syracuse bus station will person from will... Aug '17 Jsand 1
What bus station in Syracuse do I pick up boyfr... Aug '17 Blondi 1

Aurora Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Aurora Mortgages