Controversy in East Aurora

Controversy in East Aurora

There are 17 comments on the WIVB Buffalo story from Aug 18, 2008, titled Controversy in East Aurora. In it, WIVB Buffalo reports that:

What to do with Main Street is the talk of the town in East Aurora Monday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB Buffalo.

Local 17 Stabber

Ellicott City, MD

#1 Aug 19, 2008
Dpn't hold up the work. Me and my buddies from 17 are working on this job between our crimes.
Blithering Idiot

Buffalo, NY

#2 Aug 19, 2008
what a bunch of whiners.

sure, give them a tax break, then, when the project is complete, make them pay more taxes as this , in the end is a mjor improvement.

i didnt see hamburg whining like this, but then again, nobody whines better than east aurora elistists.

bring in a walmart already and put this crappy little town out of its misery.
up yours

Buffalo, NY

#3 Aug 19, 2008
Blithering Idiot wrote:
what a bunch of whiners.
sure, give them a tax break, then, when the project is complete, make them pay more taxes as this , in the end is a mjor improvement.
i didnt see hamburg whining like this, but then again, nobody whines better than east aurora elistists.
bring in a walmart already and put this crappy little town out of its misery.
Stay out of our village! We are FAR SUPERIOUR than you. We will run you out faster than a Walmart with a drive-thru.
spellingbee

Grand Island, NY

#4 Aug 19, 2008
Your spelling skills are superior to no one.
Brandon

Buffalo, NY

#5 Aug 19, 2008
i have lived in east aurora for 15 years and not once have gone to the roycroft. the fact that "the wall" is such a huge concern to roycroft doesnt make sense. they say that they give our town so much money when the wall has had no effect in doing so. this town doesnt need to turn into another hamburg and maybe the what the board needs to do is maybe take a look at their fire department, who has been protecting this village for how long, and realize that they have the most outdated hall within 20+ miles. LEAVE MAIN ST. ALONE!
Blithering Idiot

Buffalo, NY

#6 Aug 19, 2008
the roycroft is nothing but overpriced crap. the wanna be artsy 10 cent millionaire types of EA eat this up thinking they are special.
people do NOT care

Buffalo, NY

#7 Aug 19, 2008
Brandon wrote:
i have lived in east aurora for 15 years and not once have gone to the roycroft. the fact that "the wall" is such a huge concern to roycroft doesnt make sense. they say that they give our town so much money when the wall has had no effect in doing so. this town doesnt need to turn into another hamburg and maybe the what the board needs to do is maybe take a look at their fire department, who has been protecting this village for how long, and realize that they have the most outdated hall within 20+ miles. LEAVE MAIN ST. ALONE!
People care more about the ice rink than they do the fire department. People care more about preserving a wall (that was not originally where they want it to go) than they do about the public's safety.

Priorities are so far out of wack.

Watch...all this b i t c h i n g and stalling will cause delay until the state decided that they are going to cut the funding.
people do NOT care

Buffalo, NY

#8 Aug 19, 2008
Blithering Idiot wrote:
the roycroft is nothing but overpriced crap. the wanna be artsy 10 cent millionaire types of EA eat this up thinking they are special.
Hey pal, don't knock an entire period in the arts and crafts movement. Have some respect.
Blithering Idiot

Buffalo, NY

#10 Aug 19, 2008
East Aurora is, and always will be Orchard parks beeyotch!
haha

Buffalo, NY

#11 Aug 19, 2008
Blithering Idiot wrote:
East Aurora is, and always will be Orchard parks beeyotch!
yeah and Holland is the pimple on EA's a s s.
Mama712

Hinsdale, NY

#12 Aug 20, 2008
If keeping this wall up is going to delay response times for emergency services, why would you do that?

It would seem to me, that safety would be a more important issue than preservation of a wall...
JimmyR

AOL

#13 Aug 20, 2008
Build public housing units on Main St. near Vidler's and give some poor afro americans jobs in the village.
giffergab

Rochester, NY

#14 Aug 20, 2008
I say tear up the whole town and turn it back into the 1800's era look!
FUNNY GUY

Lewiston, ME

#15 Aug 20, 2008
giffergab wrote:
I say tear up the whole town and turn it back into the 1800's era look!
NOW there is a exelent idea just look at the houses on main in the east end of EAST AURORA they are beautiful victorian style Id say leave MARTIN drive area alone thats another beautiful area
Elwood

Weston, MA

#16 Aug 20, 2008
Blithering Idiot wrote:
At least this clown's got the perfect fit in his board name.

“Walking Attitude”

Since: Aug 07

The Q continuum

#17 Jan 28, 2009
Controversy in East Aurora??????????

:-O

NO!!!!!!!!!! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!
I thought I read it all

Elma, NY

#18 May 16, 2011
But, all the Old East Aurora crap sucks, old shit different day, lets get with the 2010's already

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aurora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Senator in New Yor... (Oct '10) Dec 23 Good fella 32
willard drug treatment campus (Mar '07) Dec '16 Nancy 671
The O'Connell Case: New forum (Jan '13) Aug '16 Still Hopeful 154
News I shed a tear (May '16) May '16 Anglo European 1
Debate: Marijuana - Ovid, NY (Aug '10) Apr '16 Still Hopeful 2,597
News County Gears Up For Bicentennial Celebration (Apr '16) Apr '16 Sheryl Ann 1
News Watchtower's growth strains town budgets in mid... (Mar '15) Mar '16 Matt9969 77

Aurora Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Aurora Mortgages