Man arrested in $2.5 million pot bust

Man arrested in $2.5 million pot bust

There are 20 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Nov 23, 2007, titled Man arrested in $2.5 million pot bust. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A 33-year-old Mexican national remained in the Kane County Correctional Center on Friday in lieu of $150,000 bail after authorities said he planned to sell more than $2.5 million worth of marijuana.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Who Cares

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Nov 23, 2007
I knew those guys from south of the border were good for something.... screwing up our kids
Dave A

United States

#2 Nov 23, 2007
If the goverenment would start deporting illegal aliens, we would have so much less crime. Isn't that why we pay taxes?
MeMee

Chicago, IL

#3 Nov 23, 2007
tsk tsk tsk....Lucy!! You got some splainin' to do!!!!
Mike St Chucker

Barrington, IL

#5 Nov 23, 2007
Do kids still smoke weed? Just imagine if we taxed and sold marijuana to adults only? We can then focus on real crime such as starting a war with fake altered facts.
Barack Obama

Dekalb, IL

#6 Nov 23, 2007
Mike wrote:
My God, I have been told all illegal mexicans were good hardworking people without exception. Deport them ALL.
Hey Mike, who will take care of your lawn and bus your dishes in Hinsdale? More importantly, who am I going to score my next oz from? A very minor hit to a harmless illegal activity.
Cardinal George

Dekalb, IL

#7 Nov 23, 2007
Who Cares wrote:
I knew those guys from south of the border were good for something.... screwing up our kids
Hey pal, the only people screwing your kids are me and you. Pervert!
Samantha Jones

Niles, MI

#8 Nov 23, 2007
Who Cares wrote:
Maybe you should start talking to your kids instead of playing online all day then they wouldn't start smoking... Dont blame your inability to parent your children on everyone elses actions!
Sheriff

Cicero, IL

#9 Nov 23, 2007
Mike wrote:
My God, I have been told all illegal mexicans were good hardworking people without exception. Deport them ALL.
Hey Mike the reason all the mexicans are here is because there isn't enough white people to do the job that mexicans can do.
blueberry yumyum

Niles, IL

#10 Nov 23, 2007
mmmmmm... all that grassss... i'll be dreaming of mary jane tonight
SGA

Clermont, FL

#11 Nov 23, 2007
Five suspects were released, but the police would not say why they were released? In this country, the police should be mandated to explain why five suspects in an operation like this are not charged and released. Something wrong with that picture.
therockofages

Clermont, FL

#12 Nov 23, 2007
Sherif, your post is about as racist a comment I have read online in a long time. I hope you get busted.
TOM SLICK

Chicago, IL

#13 Nov 23, 2007
And the police believe it's from MEXICO! No sh_t. Well, the holiday buds busted, and no smoke in the house, what was little johnny to do, it's was time to dry out. Thirty day's before christmas, still plenty of time to search the mall, waiting to see santa, from MEXICO. And to think, he could pay $15,000 bail and head back to MEXICO. Love how this government works so hard to stop the drug trade. Oh well, santa will be back for sure.
sportsfreak

Riverside, IL

#16 Nov 24, 2007
COULD SOMEONE FILL UP MY BONG ! I KNOW FERNANDO WILL NOT BE DOING IT.
sportsfreak

Riverside, IL

#17 Nov 24, 2007
BACK IN THE DAY WAS IT 1920 OR 1930 LOOK IT UP MEXICANS WERE BRINGING POT INTO THE USA BECAUSE OF THIS POT IS AGAINST THE LAW ALL BECAUSE OF THOSE DARN MEXICANS. NOW I NEED TO GO SMOKE A JOINT.
sportsfreak

Riverside, IL

#18 Nov 24, 2007
OK POT HEADS HERE IS THE DEAL, IN 1937, WITH THE ENACTMENT OF THE MARIJUANA TAX ACT, MARIJUANA, OR CANNABIS WAS OFFICIALLY MADE ILLEGAL ON THE FEDERAL LEVEL WITHIN THE UNITED STATES.
Sheila

United States

#20 Nov 24, 2007
Come on, he wasn't an illegal alien drug dealer, he was helping Americans by doing a job Americans won't do.
karin

Carol Stream, IL

#21 Nov 24, 2007
Sheriff wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mike the reason all the mexicans are here is because there isn't enough white people to do the job that mexicans can do.
what job, the dishes at the local restaurant...these should be jobs kids do in high school, not some grown man that can't speak ENGLISH and could care less about goals..as far as my lawn..I have a kid and I will not hire anyone that can't speak ENGLISH and I mean the workers..if they can't communicate with me they are not usable! also, are you saying the Germans, Italians, Asians are to smart to take the jobs from the illegals south of the border..it appears if you compare illegals from other countries they learn faster that those south of the border..why is that?
craig

Waukegan, IL

#22 Nov 24, 2007
Close the borders!!!!!!!!!!
Spector

Bartlett, IL

#23 Nov 24, 2007
Maybe all the bigots on here would feel better if all that weed came from some nice blonde boys who snuck down from British Columbia? After all, they grow the sweetist, best pot available. That Mexican stuff was probably junk anyway.

This stupid, pointless 'war' has to stop. We can;t afford this anymore and it does nothing positive. I can only imagine how much time and money was spent on this police bust. How all that money could have been better spent. And yeah, how much in state and federal taxes that could have been levied on all the marijuana they confiscated and now those lucky cops will take great pleasure in 'destroying'.....
Spector

Bartlett, IL

#24 Nov 24, 2007
sportsfreak wrote:
OK POT HEADS HERE IS THE DEAL, IN 1937, WITH THE ENACTMENT OF THE MARIJUANA TAX ACT, MARIJUANA, OR CANNABIS WAS OFFICIALLY MADE ILLEGAL ON THE FEDERAL LEVEL WITHIN THE UNITED STATES.
Yeah and way backl when, the ice cream sundae set also banned alcohol as well. And a few choice laws banned colored folk from sitting at lunch counters and voting and whatnot. So what's your amazing point Perry Mason?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aurora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Aurora mayor invokes Martin Luther King in urgi... Feb 14 Mike 2
Anyone 65 or older that remembers the David Hot... (Feb '14) Feb 12 Sheila 3
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Aurora (Feb '15) Feb 7 skyhawkd 75
Gang members are loser cowards (Apr '09) Jan '18 Maggie 11
Dogs No Longer Safe @ West Chicago Dog Parks Jan '18 OutFront 1
News Naperville man charged in murder plot (Jan '10) Dec '17 Suckrduckr 18
Sugar Grove Shell station il Dec '17 captain ellen 2

Aurora Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance