Kendall County Property Taxes OUT OF ...

Kendall County Property Taxes OUT OF CONTROL!!

Posted in the Aurora Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Tax Man

Oswego, IL

#1 Nov 30, 2007
Can anybody explain to me how Kendall county feels my property tax value went UP this year when we all know that property values across the country - in practicaly EVERY county had LOST value. For the first time in decades, the housing market has collapsed, property values have in fact decreased. This is according to every statistic, every economist, every article you read -- how in the world does Kendall county justify saying that we are "exempt" from everywhere else in the country and in fact our property values have increased significatly -- how do they justify this and where in the world do they get their numbers?
joecitizen

United States

#2 Dec 1, 2007
Because like most local goverment, they are run by people with no qualifacation, no experience in the real world, no common sense, an no regard for your money. They collect it because they can, and use every bleeding heart bullshit excuse.
HELP

United States

#3 Jan 24, 2008
I just got off the phone with Kendall County and they are telling me the value of my house has not decreased yet I can not refinance because the value of my house has dropped $70,000. Yes $70,000. They told me that foreclosures do not affect the value of my house and I can not dispute this. Does anyone have any advice???

Since: Dec 07

Oswego, IL

#4 Jan 27, 2008
You are going to have to appeal with the state, a lengthy process.

This is a big story that will get bigger, see if Denise Crosby will interview you, you are not alone.

Start the process, contest your taxes, then appeal to the state if need be.

I don't know how they come up with their numbers, we need to find out how they do.
Justin

Oswego, IL

#5 Apr 28, 2008
Ok, I looked into selling or renting my home, and my realtor took a look at my taxes and was lost for words. He said in his entire career, he has never seen such random assessment. My attached neighbor with the exact same square footage, who purchased 1 month before i did, is paying $950 less a year. Is it too late for me to appeal? I am so confused how I can be paying such high taxes when people around me are paying far less.

HELP!!!
kendallmom

Oswego, IL

#6 Apr 30, 2008
Justin wrote:
Ok, I looked into selling or renting my home, and my realtor took a look at my taxes and was lost for words. He said in his entire career, he has never seen such random assessment. My attached neighbor with the exact same square footage, who purchased 1 month before i did, is paying $950 less a year. Is it too late for me to appeal? I am so confused how I can be paying such high taxes when people around me are paying far less.
HELP!!!
You only have 30 days from the date of the tax assessment post mark. If its close, you can ask for an extension, but I think it too late now in Kendall, try next year. Go to the assessor and find out if they have mistakes in your assessments, ours was WAY off. Get that fixed now for next year. Then when you get your assessment, contest it and you'll get a hearing, if you don't like that result, go online http://www.state.il.us/agency/PTAB/ or to the city and get the paperwork. We filed with the state last year April 2007 for 2006 taxes -- its still in the process.
Johngo

Oswego, IL

#7 May 5, 2008
Senator Chris Lauzen has organized a "Informational Forum on Property Taxes", 12 May, 2008, at the Yorkville Public Library, 7-8:30pm. Representatives from the KC Assessor's Office and KC Treasurer's Office will be available to answer questions.

Personally, I don't argue the appraisal as much as the tax rates - tax reform is DESPARATELY needed in Illinois, especially in Kendall County.

http://www.mydreamlocale.com/Relocation_Illin... (scroll down to see Kendall County in red)
Kathym

Lake In The Hills, IL

#8 May 14, 2008
Did anyone attend the Informational Forum on Taxes 12May? I was unable to attend. Was it truly informative? Will another session be scheduled?
Batman

United States

#9 Oct 21, 2008
I am wondering a law suit can be filed against Kendall County if all remedies have failed. I too am writing to the state legislators regarding this assessment stupidity.

One thing I can say is VOTE NO to any school district District 308 funding of any kind. It has gotten way out of hand and it is choking us.
Sam

United States

#10 Oct 21, 2008
I agree to vote no to any and all referendums for property tax increases especially the school district.
jojo

Greenwood, NE

#11 Oct 22, 2008
all of you who voted for the democrats to run our state..happy now? this is what they do...raise taxes.
Nancy Yorkville

United States

#12 Oct 30, 2008
I agree, Yorkville taxes are ridiculous!! My subdivision doesnt have sidewalks for kids to walk to school, no bus service in the subdivision and the school is TO FAR for the small children to walk not to mention the association fee.People have jobs that start early and not all have access to drive..The builder lied and they should be sued for deceptive practices and the county should be sued as well. We are trying to get a petition together. Maybe John McCain can tell us not to worry because he'll pay the taxes for us!! He will fly his plane over Yorkville and drop bunches of money down on us.. Then crash land!!
action

United States

#13 Oct 31, 2008
Participate in every election and vote out any incumbent.

Vote for

3rd party candidate first
opposing party candidate second
Write in candidate next, and run yourself!

Do this every time you vote.
moveoutorg

Kansas City, MO

#14 Feb 20, 2009
the entire are has been declared by the ins a sanctuary city because they cannot control
the illegal alien problem
the state of illinois and banks have been issuing ids and credit to illegals in illinois for years
crime associated with illegal alien amnesty has resulted in a crisis situation
the state of illinois refuses to require passports as mandatory id for drivers licenses
your insurance there will skyrocket or become unavailable to service mortgages
the social impact of the alien invasion is well known to dupage county as social services became overtaxed
in effect illinois residents no longer have the priviledges and rights afforded to other
states residents
in addition property taxes overwhelmingly pay to educate those that should be returned under the h1b visa law et al
social security is quite likely to go away because of the recent addition of benificiaries who didnt pay their fair share
good luck

the state will never change and the marches you saw downtown are coming to your town
also ...possibly in the form of riots as they did in West Chicago

your best hope is to go out on rt71 and get hit by a waste management truck
moveoutorg

Kansas City, MO

#15 Feb 20, 2009
incidentally illinois and the counties in illinois DO NOT offer any form of homesteading tax relief
the state of florida has had this program in effect for years and is saves homeowners
on the average of 50 percent on their tazes
jaskeda

Oswego, IL

#16 Mar 1, 2009
The propety taxes base on goverment expenses of the township! I does not make different if ALL home's values in our town are decreased. The goverment has to cut off expenses in order to cut tax!!!
I have seen the gorverment spent TOO much money such as the Library.....We definitely need a better mayor.....
getoutof illinois

Kansas City, MO

#17 Mar 1, 2009
chris lauzen is a damn good rep and has put a lot of effort into other programs like drugs for seniors
please attend his meeting and support him

you will find him attentive and earnest

thanks chris
see if you can get these people some kind of homesteading law in illinois

they cant believe down here in florida u dont have one
barak2hydepark

Kansas City, MO

#18 Mar 3, 2009
oh and i wouldnt worry about the police teaching a dare program they will be too busy
over at your houses auctioning them off

the nigerian scam coming to a government near you soon
Why the hard working

Oswego, IL

#19 Mar 13, 2009
taxes in Kendall County are out of this world, that is what is really killing us. Of course they say help is on its way, but HELP WITH THE TAXES NOW!~
Why the hard working

Oswego, IL

#20 Mar 13, 2009
Property Taxes Are The True Problem!!! When do we get HELP?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aurora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News East Aurora High school on alert after student'... (Feb '08) May 23 The Now Adult 15
Elliptigo Bike May 17 OswegoAmerican 2
The thug inmate that was shit gang member May 13 Trumpisawesome 1
West Chicago passes referendum.... May 9 resident 1
News Immigrant Entrepreneurs Flock Franchising Oppor... May 6 LEO 477 1
Low Income Housing - Mill Street Station (May '15) May 5 Get your life 7
News Drug addict gets 20 years for robberies (Jul '07) Apr '17 RECENTLY RELEASED 4

Aurora Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Aurora Mortgages