Aurora couple accused of running pros...

Aurora couple accused of running prostitution ring through Crai...

There are 70 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Feb 9, 2008, titled Aurora couple accused of running prostitution ring through Crai.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

An Aurora couple have been accused of arranging for others to pay for sexual trysts with a 17-year-old Wisconsin runaway through the popular marketplace Web site Craigslist.org. Jermel D. Pope, 22, and Mary M. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
aurora man

United States

#1 Feb 9, 2008
put them in jail

what can you do
Colleen Denison

United States

#2 Feb 9, 2008
aurora man wrote:
put them in jail
what can you do
agreed
YOO

Chicago, IL

#3 Feb 10, 2008
Pimp da hooooo!!!
jean

Wheaton, IL

#4 Feb 10, 2008
very sad for the young girl...how heartbreaking.
Promises Promises

Naperville, IL

#5 Feb 10, 2008
Trashy Aurora strikes again!
anonymous

AOL

#6 Feb 10, 2008
It goes to say that there is so much corruption and atrocities activities that many people feel they are free to do as they feel. If a corrupt lawyer demands to own a woman's mind, body, and soul is he then not a pimp?
All the viciousness that goes on and is covered up. We can see that victims/targets are being used a perpetual prostitutes and where are those who are supposed to be upholding the law?
Free Advertising

Wilmette, IL

#7 Feb 10, 2008
Craigslist has become streetwalkers new street
corner.
john from Naperville

Chicago, IL

#8 Feb 10, 2008
WHat do you expect from crime-ridden Aurora? It is a BAD city.
John

United States

#9 Feb 10, 2008
Craigslist is liable to have themselves shut down after this incident and the one with the women soliciting a hitman.
Thug

United States

#10 Feb 10, 2008
john from Naperville wrote:
WHat do you expect from crime-ridden Aurora? It is a BAD city.
What the hell are you talking about, Bad city.
I do all my crime I mean work in naperville
Me To

Wilmette, IL

#11 Feb 10, 2008
Thug wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell are you talking about, Bad city.
I do all my crime I mean work in naperville
And I do all my holiday shoplifting I mean shopping in Naperville also.
We should compare notes.
mr voter

United States

#12 Feb 10, 2008
aurora is the scum city of IL. the gangs and pimps run the city as the cops issues tickets for going 4 mph to fast to old people trying to get pass the gangbangers on the streets and the mayor won't even look how the city is going to crap as the houses are getting run down move well you can this is the next harvey people
pimp

Chicago, IL

#13 Feb 10, 2008
oooohhhh no, the boys in blue have made their first bust since december in the chicagoland area vs. the couple thousand postings on cl everyday. good going guys, way to put a dent in the world's oldest profession
mark

Melrose Park, IL

#14 Feb 10, 2008
Good to see them taking a nice firm stand on teen sex.

“Age&Treachery over Youth&Skill”

Since: Dec 07

Brighton Park 60632

#15 Feb 10, 2008
pimp wrote:
oooohhhh no, the boys in blue have made their first bust since december in the chicagoland area vs. the couple thousand postings on cl everyday. good going guys, way to put a dent in the world's oldest profession
Two things you have to keep in mind here Bozo. First, the alleged runaway is under 18 y.o. and is being victimized by adults in more or less a slavery situation. Sure she is wanted by someone other than her family but she is put into a situation of being paid for sex of which she is paying half? of her money back to her pimps. Those folks need to pay dearly for this. Secondly, those adult woman who post on CL (adult I mean of their own free will) are in my opinion performing the world's oldest profession. Legal in some circles illegal in most. I think LE efforts could be better served by targetting gangs, guns and those animals that shoot 6 unarmed women in a clothing store.
john from Naperville

Chicago, IL

#16 Feb 10, 2008
mr voter wrote:
aurora is the scum city of IL. the gangs and pimps run the city as the cops issues tickets for going 4 mph to fast to old people trying to get pass the gangbangers on the streets and the mayor won't even look how the city is going to crap as the houses are getting run down move well you can this is the next harvey people
Correct. And it is amazing how Aurora has upscale neighborhoods (Stonebridge, Oakhurst etc.) with SUPER HIGH property taxes, situated a block away from a complete ghetto/barrio. These people in Stonebridge, Oakhurst, White Eagle are getting molested with high property taxes, yet they cannot even go into their own downtown without worrying about being gunned down or robbed. Aurora is the scum of Illinois with high taxes that go to nothing. The cops are lazy. Good luck if you need a cop, it takes 45 minutes for them to show up. The roads are trashed, and the mayor is lazy
Not so Fast

Wilmette, IL

#17 Feb 10, 2008
raykar wrote:
<quoted text>
Two things you have to keep in mind here Bozo. First, the alleged runaway is under 18 y.o. and is being victimized by adults in more or less a slavery situation. Sure she is wanted by someone other than her family but she is put into a situation of being paid for sex of which she is paying half? of her money back to her pimps. Those folks need to pay dearly for this. Secondly, those adult woman who post on CL (adult I mean of their own free will) are in my opinion performing the world's oldest profession. Legal in some circles illegal in most. I think LE efforts could be better served by targetting gangs, guns and those animals that shoot 6 unarmed women in a clothing store.
First of all the seventeen year old was charged as an adult. Meaning she was a willing participant in the prostution operation. Know the law. At 17 you can be considered an adult.If your going to comment as if your an expert on the law, at least know the law. So don't call pimp a Bozo, you Clown. Hey Pimp- Can you hook me up tonight.
ejhickey

Chicago, IL

#18 Feb 10, 2008
anonymous wrote:
It goes to say that there is so much corruption and atrocities activities that many people feel they are free to do as they feel. If a corrupt lawyer demands to own a woman's mind, body, and soul is he then not a pimp?
All the viciousness that goes on and is covered up. We can see that victims/targets are being used a perpetual prostitutes and where are those who are supposed to be upholding the law?
A translator is needed for the above comment since in its current form it is unintelligible.
THE JUDGE

Guttenberg, IA

#19 Feb 10, 2008
WHEN I GET THAT HO IN MY COURT, I'M GOING TO TAKE HER BACK TO CHAMBERS.
ejhickey

Chicago, IL

#20 Feb 10, 2008
Free Advertising wrote:
Craigslist has become streetwalkers new street
corner.
And the worls is much better for it. Think of the beefits. The women don't have to work outside in all kinds of weather. Customers don't have to drive around wasting precious fossil fuel and contributing to global warming and the neighborhoods are spared the look of having trashy looking women walking up and down the street and soliciting.( Well given the current state of womens' fashion, there may very well be trashy looking women on the street but at least they aren't soliciting.) Since prostitution has move to the internet, everybody wins, except those people who are worried about the fact that money is being exchanged for sex.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aurora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Aurora (Feb '15) Apr 15 Hope701 80
News North Aurora residents question proposal for ol... Apr 7 knowing 2
Javier Beltran (Rhino) Mar '18 Javier beltran 3
News Candidate denies using homosexual slur, dispute... Feb '18 youll shoot your ... 7
Don't Buy in Mill Race Creek (Sep '10) Feb '18 J hollarback 24
News Aurora mayor invokes Martin Luther King in urgi... Feb '18 Mike 2
Anyone 65 or older that remembers the David Hot... (Feb '14) Feb '18 Sheila 3

Aurora Jobs

Personal Finance

Aurora Mortgages