Mass shooting at Batman screening

Jul 20, 2012 Full story: www.cbsnews.com 1,243

A gas mask-wearing gunman opened fire early Friday at a suburban Denver movie theater, leaving at least 12 people dead and 50 others injured, police said.

Read more
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#896 Jul 24, 2012
Emma wrote:
<quoted text>
A car's primary purpose is not to kill or injure someone. So while it can kill and injure, there is a damn big difference between it and a gun.
True, but 99% of the people that use firearms do not use them to kill or injure someone. They use them for target practice or as collectibles and of course, for self defense. The vast majority of gun owners say that, like hurricane insurance, they would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it. Very few sane people look forward to shooting people simply because they own a firearm.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#897 Jul 24, 2012
"milwaukee69"
"You started out great but then farted and shat your pants at the end.
Arm chairs need to stop trying to second guess "what I would've done." Bullshat...
Fact #1 - It was over in less than a minute - there wasn't time to organize a militia, plan a attack and play Audie Murphy.
Fact #2 - The heroes of this tragic day need to be held in higher regard. There was no tanks, or armor or guns to protect them - they protected and sheilded the closest person to them that they "would always take a bullet for."
(Fact #3 - Rushing this idiot would've been suicide. Simply rushing him with an "end around" would've resulted in more bodies. We thank our lucky stars that only 12 innocent folks lost their lives that day, including a 6-year old and the killer was caught."
MY MY you are so eloquent NOT
There are those who will move toward the sound of the guns, maybe not now as much as in the past.
Audie Murphy was one to move toward the guns. There was no need to plan, just charge, several coming from different directions would have succeeded.
And then there was a thirteen year old girl who risked her life to try and save a stranger. She should receive the civilian equivalent of the Medal Of Honer.
Seventy one shot with twelve dead, charging the shooter unarmed in those circumstances would not have been suicide.

“Geaux Tigers!”

Since: Jun 12

Down on the bayou

#898 Jul 24, 2012
Emma wrote:
<quoted text>
So while it can kill and injure, there is a damn big difference between it and a gun.
The big damn difference being that cars kill a helluva lot more people than guns do.

“Denny Crain”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#899 Jul 24, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but 99% of the people that use firearms do not use them to kill or injure someone. They use them for target practice or as collectibles and of course, for self defense. The vast majority of gun owners say that, like hurricane insurance, they would rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it. Very few sane people look forward to shooting people simply because they own a firearm.
I have about 25 guns. I enjoy going to the range and I am an expert with rifle and pistol and I enjoy my bow. I had two people come in my house late at night. I was sure glad I had a loaded gun. My wife shouted at me don't shoot it may be the boys. You have never seen two people run so fast :)That gun may have saved our lives. I carry a gun in my back pocket and hope I never need to use it but I will fight for my life

Location hidden

#900 Jul 24, 2012
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
You started out great but then farted and shat your pants at the end.
Arm chairs need to stop trying to second guess "what I would've done." Bullshat...
Fact #1 - It was over in less than a minute - there wasn't time to organize a militia, plan a attack and play Audie Murphy.
Fact #2 - The heroes of this tragic day need to be held in higher regard. There was no tanks, or armor or guns to protect them - they protected and sheilded the closest person to them that they "would always take a bullet for."
Fact #3 - Rushing this idiot would've been suicide. Simply rushing him with an "end around" would've resulted in more bodies. We thank our lucky stars that only 12 innocent folks lost their lives that day, including a 6-year old and the killer was caught.
There are those who will move toward the sound of the guns, maybe not now as much as in the past.
Audie Murphy was one to move toward the guns. There was no need to plan, just charge, several coming from different directions would have succeeded.
And then there was a thirteen year old girl who risked her life to try and save a stranger. She should receive the civilian equivalent of the Medal Of Honer.
Seventy one shot with twelve dead, charging the shooter unarmed in those circumstances would not have been suicide.

“ Dump Obama November 6, 2012”

Flush it.

#901 Jul 24, 2012
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I have about 25 guns. I enjoy going to the range and I am an expert with rifle and pistol and I enjoy my bow. I had two people come in my house late at night. I was sure glad I had a loaded gun. My wife shouted at me don't shoot it may be the boys. You have never seen two people run so fast :)That gun may have saved our lives. I carry a gun in my back pocket and hope I never need to use it but I will fight for my life
Never had anyone get into my house yet, Maybe they know better. Hope it never happens but ready if they do.
CCW all the way.

Dump obama November 2012.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#902 Jul 24, 2012
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I have about 25 guns. I enjoy going to the range and I am an expert with rifle and pistol and I enjoy my bow. I had two people come in my house late at night. I was sure glad I had a loaded gun. My wife shouted at me don't shoot it may be the boys. You have never seen two people run so fast :)That gun may have saved our lives. I carry a gun in my back pocket and hope I never need to use it but I will fight for my life

Sounds good to me.

“Denny Crain”

Location hidden

#903 Jul 24, 2012
Surly Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Most often at school shooting the killer just walks by and shoots the on at a time in the head. You will never hear of a mass shooting at a gun show because everyone is packing. It makes for very polite people. Only place where guns aren't allowed do you see mass shooting

“I know where you are,”

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#904 Jul 24, 2012
Prep-for-Dep wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so the driver was illegal. The car was legal.
Kinda like the guy in this instance versus the guns he carried.
Pardon me for not specifying that I was talking about fireworks that you go to the fireworks stand and buy.
At least it gave you and your butt buddy ,or wingman as you call him, something to do your Beavis and Butthead routine on. So, you're welcome.
Boy, you would think such a gifted and talented survivalist such as you claim to be would be more thorough that that. My butt buddy as you so eloquaintly refer to is a trained killer - a soultaker and a heartbreaker. He's forgotten more than you'll ever see in a lifetime. Lastly, it was nice for you to admit defeat - see, you don't always come prepared, do you?

“I know where you are,”

#905 Jul 24, 2012
Surly Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>There are those who will move toward the sound of the guns
Yeah, maybe in cartoons.

“Denny Crain”

Location hidden

#906 Jul 24, 2012
Amanda two wrote:
<quoted text>Never had anyone get into my house yet, Maybe they know better. Hope it never happens but ready if they do.
CCW all the way.
Dump obama November 2012.
I can't believe the Democrats are going after guns again. The last beating just wasn't enough to teach them so it is time for another lesson. Liberals don't like armed peasants :)

“Geaux Tigers!”

Since: Jun 12

Down on the bayou

#907 Jul 24, 2012
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe the Democrats are going after guns again.
Not so hard to believe. They are Democrats after all.

Some idiot filling in for that other idiot Ed Schultz tried using one of the victims brothers as a pawn for a new anti-gun movement. He wasn't having any of it though:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/weird/T42JUBT...

Location hidden

#908 Jul 24, 2012
milwaukee69 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, maybe in cartoons.
Are you really that cynical? Of those who move to the sound of the guns, that is towards danger to offer help.

Police, fireman, uniformed military, EMS personnel, doctors, clergy

Very few of the above exhibit cowardice.

“I know where you are,”

#909 Jul 24, 2012
Denny CranesPlace wrote:
<quoted text>I can't believe the Democrats are going after guns again. The last beating just wasn't enough to teach them so it is time for another lesson. Liberals don't like armed peasants :)
Correction - TRUST armed peasants.
sally

Jefferson, GA

#910 Jul 24, 2012
May God help each and all with this tragedy that has encountered their lives.My prayers to all

“Denny Crain”

Location hidden

#911 Jul 24, 2012
65007noogard wrote:
<quoted text>
Some idiot filling in for that other idiot Ed Schultz tried using one of the victims brothers as a pawn for a new anti-gun movement. He wasn't having any of it though:
I have some very liberal women friends and they all own guns.They just don't want other people having guns. What is that fat cow talk show woman who is so anti gun except for her armed body guard

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#912 Jul 24, 2012
Emma wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a selfish view. You live in a society, with other people. Not everything you do is just about you. If you want to do whatever the hell you want, go and find somewhere you can live on your own, look after yourself without any help from anyone ever.
The world is not just about you and your rights.
But with a view like that one ^^^ you'll probably completely miss the point.
I see we have someone among us who either needs or likes to be told what to do at every turn. Good for you. Some of us can think for ourselves. It is not selfish to not need the government up your ass all the time telling you what to do.

I agree with the original poster. The government is too involved in our personal lives.
What the what

Schaumburg, IL

#913 Jul 24, 2012
65007noogard wrote:
<quoted text>
You linked your own idiotic self.

“I know where you are,”

#914 Jul 24, 2012
Surly Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you really that cynical? Of those who move to the sound of the guns, that is towards danger to offer help.
Police, fireman, uniformed military, EMS personnel, doctors, clergy
Very few of the above exhibit cowardice.
Not when you're taking on automatic gunfire you twit.

Who let you in here anyways?

“If it ain't broke don't fix it”

Since: Jul 09

Arcadia, LA.

#915 Jul 24, 2012
What the what wrote:
<quoted text>You linked your own idiotic self.
I'm much more interesting than idiotic Ed Schultz, or any idiot trying to use the victim's family members for their own agenda, Fairyman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Aurora Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lawmakers Consider Gay Discrimination Policies 19 min Wondering 1,602
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 44 min GayleWood 17,738
Ban the user above you game (Oct '11) 5 hr Cold Blue Eyes 2,800
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 15 hr tbird19482 16,940
Lili Marlene (Aug '13) 23 hr Commander Bunny 10
~:Any Word:~ (Sep '13) Sat Red Headed Hippie 101
word association game time (Jan '11) Sat Red_Forman 217
Aurora Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Aurora People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]