Judge rules in Maine gay marriage case

May 25, 2010 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.bangordailynews.com

AUGUSTA, Maine a ' A federal magistrate judge is recommending that information about donors to a group that helped to finance a successful referendum campaign to repeal Maine's gay marriage law last fall be turned over to a state election regulatory board.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Bob

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2010

Judged:

Good, we'll probably find out that they lied about all the names. They lie about other things. For instance, that gays marrying would undermine the sanctity of marriage and be a detriment to society.
If we voted against anything they wanted, you bet they'd be after our names!
Stick it to 'em!

Since: Mar 07

Washington DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2010

Judged:

Those people at NOM wouldn't know the truth if it bit Maggie Gallagher in her extremely gluttonous behind.

I can't wait to see what new fodder we get from their list of "donors."

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2010

This was just the trial court ruling, the next step of course NOM's appeal of this ruling, followed by their appeal of the future Appeals Court ruling to the State Supreme Court, followed by a trip to the Federal District Court for an appeal of that ruling only to be followed, in order, by a three judge panel on the Federal Court of Appeals, then a hearing by the full court with a last but not least trip before the Supremes. If NOM plays their cards right, it could be another six or seven years before the state finally gets a chance to finally look at their books to see where the money came from and why. But if course, everything NOM does is above board and they have absolutely nothing to hide....

Since: Nov 08

Saint Cloud, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2010

Judged:

Democracy can't really operate behind a veil of secrecy. If people really feel that strongly about relegating a group to 2nd class status, then they should be asked to stand up when they make that statement, and not hide behind anonymity. NOM might as well be wearing white hoods and robes... now there's another group that was most effective when its membership was kept secret.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Augusta Discussions

Search the Augusta Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
ME Who do you support for Governor in Maine in 2010? (Oct '10) Wed American Bob 111
Maine May Fine NOM Up to $50,000 May '14 Magic Utah Uwear 19
Debate: Gay Marriage - Readfield, ME (Jan '12) Feb '14 Judy 4
T-Mobile call center continues growth (Oct '09) Feb '14 Nybobby 10
ME Maine Conservation Bonds Issue, Question 3 (Oct '10) Feb '14 Mark Chaisty 6
Review: Levesque Sylvio J REV Feb '14 LEVESQUE SYLVIO J REV 2
Medicaid Expansion: Ask Your Statelawmaker This... (Jan '14) Jan '14 MrCap56 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Augusta Jobs

•••