Maine Election Laws Should Be Biparti...

Maine Election Laws Should Be Bipartisan-Made Rules

Posted in the Augusta Forum

Bipart67Mainer

United States

#1 Aug 12, 2011
As a Mainer, I am tired of the extreme politics being done in the state by those on the left and those on the right in regards to the issue of allowing people to register to vote on Election Day in Maine. The law allowing this should have never been repealed by the state legislature. Instead a bipartisan effort should have been attempted to address any concerns any Mainers had with the law and then the law should have been changed in a way that was fair to all sides if needed. For example, some Mainers had a concern that the law created too much paperwork for election clerks on Election Day handling an ever growing number of voter registration applications in years when a major election is being held. Well, that is a concern that a bipartisan effort could have taken a look at and found a fair-minded solution to. In repealing this law, the state legislature took the easy way out because many members of the body didnít want a fair-minded solution to the problem. Instead all they wanted was a political strife with the other side and that is not the way politics should be conducted in Maine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Augusta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hookup? Jul 30 wicked 1
News Maine hopefuls split on gay unions (Sep '10) Jul 5 Alex - Infowars d... 153
Lying Cheat (Apr '11) Apr '15 Haha 3
Review: Levesque Sylvio J REV (Feb '14) Apr '15 Henu 3
News Roderick J Dipietro listed on Maine Sex Offende... (Dec '11) Dec '14 Hank Fellows 4
Brian Rines, City of Gardiner, Maine Mayor, ign... (Jan '06) Dec '14 The Real Justice824 8
Lepage is laughing stock of the entire nation! (Oct '14) Oct '14 diamond lil 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Augusta Mortgages