Did Laycock fire Cummins for personal...

Did Laycock fire Cummins for personal reasons?

Created by The Gambler on Feb 16, 2012

166 votes

Click on an option to vote

YES

NO

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
iwasthere

Maysville, KY

#22 Mar 6, 2012
The Pope wrote:
<quoted text>if Laycock runs again for Mayor he will get elected because of the Catholics
where does religion come in the the issue. i vote for the person regardless what his religion is.
waiting

Dahlonega, GA

#23 Mar 6, 2012
iwasthere wrote:
<quoted text>
where does religion come in the the issue. i vote for the person regardless what his religion is.
well if you don't vote for this mayor, then gaurantee your vote is not counted. Catholic rule.
Big Mike

Cleveland, GA

#24 Mar 22, 2012
For the record! 250.00 per hour is what he is costing the city for lawyers. How long can that go on? Laycock was appointed by council to replace Mayor High who resigned. Only one of the then council wanted the job and that was Jim Thornsbury. Instead of an elected official geting the mayors job council person Mary Ziegler ( one of the"family" and Laycocks cousin recomended Laycock who was just a citizen at the time not a sitting council member. Then at the next mayor election Laycock won against Thornsbury by 53 votes. It won't happen again. laycock is done, people have his number now and are tired of his unethical behavior.
stamper

Maysville, KY

#25 Mar 22, 2012
Big Mike wrote:
For the record! 250.00 per hour is what he is costing the city for lawyers. How long can that go on? Laycock was appointed by council to replace Mayor High who resigned. Only one of the then council wanted the job and that was Jim Thornsbury. Instead of an elected official geting the mayors job council person Mary Ziegler ( one of the"family" and Laycocks cousin recomended Laycock who was just a citizen at the time not a sitting council member. Then at the next mayor election Laycock won against Thornsbury by 53 votes. It won't happen again. laycock is done, people have his number now and are tired of his unethical behavior.
People have no clue how much backdoor dealing is going on for this town and Greg Cummins would still be employed today if they didn`t put his sites on the Augusta Pub. The local postmaster juggles the operation of the Pub from his job at the post office daily. His famous I`ll back in a minute to the mailcarriers and gone for a hour is getting old just for the record Mailcarriers cannot do transactions. The clan can stand around and smile and say the Mayor was not part of this dirty deed all they want but this town knows different.
wow

Lexington, KY

#26 Mar 22, 2012
that's cheap, who is their atty? i thought Thompson charged 500 per hour.
wow

Hillsboro, KY

#27 Mar 22, 2012
wow wrote:
that's cheap, who is their atty? i thought Thompson charged 500 per hour.
If you add that is 800.00 an hour. The charge is per attorney fee, not counting the extra fees for paperwork, secretary cost, investigative cost in handling the case. It will run well over 100,000.00 before it is ever close to being finished. This town has shady money roaming in the influential family operation of this community.
hopalong

Maysville, KY

#28 Mar 22, 2012
I hope someone has balls enough to act on the open record act to see exactly how much money was spent when it is over. I always thought it would be interesting to see how many Mayors in the past 50 years really paid their gas bill. Some of them sure lived in some big a-- houses.
Forrest Gump

Danielsville, GA

#29 Mar 22, 2012
sldkjfkd wrote:
No, he fired him because Greg is an incompetent, arrogant, pathetic excuse for a cop who wouldn't know what morals were if he was smacked in the face with them. John was just the mayor who finally got the balls to stand up to him.
" Stupid is as stupid does!" What a mean lieing statement you made. You have to be one of the Laycock family mafia!
degusta

Maysville, KY

#30 Mar 22, 2012
kkkkkk

Monkton, MD

#31 Mar 23, 2012
I wish this mess would just end
Bernie

Morehead, KY

#32 Mar 24, 2012
kkkkkk wrote:
I wish this mess would just end
If laycock would resign and baxter would craul back from under the rock he came from it might.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Augusta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kassie Hardin 1 hr Davey 4
u r a god (May '15) 3 hr anonymous 19
Kelly Sidebottom 22 hr Wtf 30
Looking for Tonya Perkins (Feb '12) Apr 28 Ashleyannhall 38
Jacob Spear (Jun '10) Apr 26 Nichole edie 4
bl●wj○bs (Apr '15) Apr 24 LaughingOUTLOUD 5
ashley kabler (Sep '09) Apr 24 me 9

Augusta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance