Augusta Riverfest Regatta Pageant is ...

Augusta Riverfest Regatta Pageant is rigged SAVE YOUR MONEY

Posted in the Augusta Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Pageant Mommy

Maysville, KY

#1 Jul 23, 2010
Save your time and money. The pageant at the Riverfest on Friday night in Augusta is a set up. The effin pageant director`s kid won tonight WTF??? How in the world does the city let the pageant director who I learned was Ashley Brooks put their own kid in it anyway. DIRTY PAGEANT we won`t be back and neither my sister`s child either.
rose mountain

Alto, GA

#2 Jul 23, 2010
That is the way they do things in Augusta.Sad but true.
honey

Maysville, KY

#3 Jul 23, 2010
WELL its been that way ever since she had the say so over it. just ask around about the PAGENTS here in AUGUSTA. PAGEANT MOMMY i sure do agree with you. like rose mountain said ITS SAD BUT TRUE.
Former Ms Orange Blossom

Maysville, KY

#4 Jul 24, 2010
How sad when people have a hidden agenda when they oversee pageants. I think that the City which sponsors the Event should lay down some tough rules and this issue. This very thing causes people not to want to put out the money or time for a pageant that appears to be set up. I have to agree with this topic when they sad but true,
riverbend

Maysville, KY

#5 Jul 24, 2010
I AGREE WITH YOU ALL. any time that ASHLEY BROOKS
has got anything to do with the pageant. keep your $25.00 dollars. take your child to WAL-MART give them the money. let them spend it on their selfs. because if she has kin people in the pageant their going to win. trust me i know. been their done that. you would think she would have higher standers. but she runs a DIRTY PAGEANT. if the CITY has anything to do with these pageants. they need a new PAGEANT DIRECTOR. kick her to the curb.
i feel so sorry for the PARENTS that spent their money and had to learn the hard way. so sad.
DUNNO

Maysville, KY

#6 Jul 24, 2010
Does not surprise me that it went down that way. You know Ashlee & Misty Tabor are "partners in crime" and her kid was the girl who won with her boy. Sorry to all the other families that they wasted their time. Doesn`t feel good to be robbed does it?
Patsy

Maysville, KY

#7 Jul 24, 2010
Who in the heck wants to parade your kids around with sashes and crowns in front of people who think as they walk away they are a joke??????????
no pagents

Cleveland, GA

#8 Jul 24, 2010
i dont know why people put the kids thru it anyway, its too hot to let someone else judge your child. i know mine are goodlooking kids and i'll be dang if someone else has the right to say their not. then when the kids dont win, they feel bad about theirselves.
Bracken

Flovilla, GA

#10 Jul 24, 2010
Stop taliking about KIDS!!!
umm

Maysville, KY

#11 Jul 24, 2010
I agree if your running the show then the kid shouldnt be in the show. Get someone who will run it fair . I know a few good women who would run it right whos kids are grown that were in the pageant world for years.
Citizen

Lexington, KY

#12 Jul 24, 2010
One year a poster contest for the art in the garden was the same way. hand drawn art didn't stand a chance. computer done art won of course the mayor's wife did the poster, that is the last time for that contest?, if the wanted the mayor's wife to do it , let her, but stop going thru the motions and yanking people around for a so called contest.
Trouble Maker

Louisville, OH

#13 Jul 24, 2010
Who says ? The town nut Sue Bruce ? This woman is a total nut and has something wrong with her. All she does is LIE and start trouble ! Sue needs to be locked up and studied in a psyc ward !You can get on here and talk all you want about how good of a worker she is but...she is nothing but a sick in the head town nut that needs some serious brain work !
betterinbluejean s

Maysville, KY

#14 Jul 25, 2010
What a joke! If I was parents I would contact the Mayor and demand that I get my money back.
wtf

Maysville, KY

#15 Jul 25, 2010
Trouble Maker wrote:
Who says ? The town nut Sue Bruce ? This woman is a total nut and has something wrong with her. All she does is LIE and start trouble ! Sue needs to be locked up and studied in a psyc ward !You can get on here and talk all you want about how good of a worker she is but...she is nothing but a sick in the head town nut that needs some serious brain work !
Sounds like your the trouble maker , Sue has nothing to do with the dirty pageants. Everybody was there and saw the crap go down. Sounds like you need to have your head checked also.Sue could give a rats ass what goes on in those dirty ass contest. Unlike you she does work while you sit on your fat ass behind a computer screen bashing people . Get a life. My child was in the damn thing so I saw the shit that happened .Everybody that was friends with the girl running the damn thing won , and its bull shit . Oh Sue must have pissed in your cherros , must caught you doing something and told your ass what was what .
SMP

Maysville, KY

#16 Jul 25, 2010
betterinbluejeans wrote:
What a joke! If I was parents I would contact the Mayor and demand that I get my money back.
I TOTALLY agree with this comment. A refund is in order!! It was dangerously hot outside and then people had to practice the night before and then pay $25 for what? That gives people who try to run a fair pageant a bad name. Augusta is such a pretty little town to let someone like her ruin it. I hope the Mayor has been notified about it and this issue addressed. I am not putting my baby in the baby show today for this same reason. If she is any kind of decent person she would let them step down and let runner up take their place. But what I have heard that will never happen!
wow

Maysville, KY

#17 Jul 25, 2010
Well one child placed and the judges messed up and they took it back . I am sorry if they call out a child as the winner you dont take it away . That must have really hurt that child alot to have that done. Get someone to run a fair pagaent...
get a life

Owingsville, KY

#18 Jul 25, 2010
Don't really think that anyone who is the director/host/etc. of any event or activity where there is judging involved should be able to enter there family members in the contest. If I were hosting a party, I would NOT enter myself to win the door prize. Just not the right thing to do. Yes, the child may truly be the winner in some cases, but it just shouldn't be allowed for that child to enter the contest. You read all the time about contest rules where immediate family members of a contest are not eligible to win. Same thing should apply here.
crazyhorse

Maysville, KY

#19 Jul 25, 2010
WHAT DID SUE have to do with it. why blame her?
the MAYOR needs to know what ASHLEY is doing. SHE needs to give all the money back. thats dirty in her. i do agree with {get a life} its sad that ASHLEY would screw up something like this. its so sad. ASHLEY needs to give it up. LET a HONEST PERSON take over. please people call the MAYOR or do something. this is very wrong. this has been going on for a few years.{SMP} I do agree with your comment also.
SayCheezzz

Maysville, KY

#20 Jul 25, 2010
get a life wrote:
Don't really think that anyone who is the director/host/etc. of any event or activity where there is judging involved should be able to enter there family members in the contest. If I were hosting a party, I would NOT enter myself to win the door prize. Just not the right thing to do. Yes, the child may truly be the winner in some cases, but it just shouldn't be allowed for that child to enter the contest. You read all the time about contest rules where immediate family members of a contest are not eligible to win. Same thing should apply here.
And to top it off all the children in the contest was in line in this heat while her kid arrived 15 minutes late. Any other couple would have been turned away. RIP OFF
get her

Vanceburg, KY

#21 Jul 25, 2010
Mayor is home right know, give him a call, stop an talk with him.
I'm not into this thing, but just had to read all the posts and i do know how you guys feel, years ago there were some strange things went down, same deal, just a different person, as parents we learned the hard way also. I don't remember that we had to pay money ,but maybe so.
But i would think a refund is due, and it only takes one of you guys to get the ball rolling.
It would be funny everybody meet at his house at a certain time today complaining, bet you will get results!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Augusta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swingers group 11 hr intheknow 23
why do women break your heart? (Nov '09) 12 hr Ziggy 58
erica fraysure (Nov '10) Sun Edit 136
What about that Melissa Townsend Smith (Oct '09) Sun Anonymous 3
Kennedy Carl Jan 19 Jcw 1
pub Jan 19 Spencer 6
Augusta Pool Jan 19 Korny 2

Augusta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance