Next Last
sally

United States

#1 May 31, 2010
What's going on there now days?

Since: Apr 10

Brooksville, ky.

#2 Jun 1, 2010
Their current work shifts stink. Most of the employees hate it. What was wrong with the three 8 hour fixed shifts that served Clopay for so many years. I liked 3- 11 when I worked there. The pay was too low at that time. It was refered to as Clopay-No Pay !
friend patrol

United States

#3 Jun 1, 2010
The pay is better now, but you don't have the time to enjoy it or to enjoy time with your family. 12 hr. shifts plus manditory overtime.
augusta

Plummers Landing, KY

#4 Jun 1, 2010
well clopay used to be one of the best places to work and now the hours suck and now they want to make u work yourself to death on mandtory overtime..all the place is doin is trying to kill everyone i know several people that have been havin health problems since they went to the schedule and now wanting to make you work more and more...they told us by switchin to the 12hr we would see our family more...i think they ment to say we would see our clopay family more bc i dont hardly see my kids at all...it sucks bad and its getting to everyone of us there old and young..and now i guess their alowed to cuse at us bc one of the manangers did in a meeting and nothing has been done about it at all...pretty sure thats not allowed..you cant miss work for anything without gettin a point i mean u could be on ur death bed but ur still pointed and they could careless to even call and check on ya...everyone keeps tellin me be thankfull u have a job and it cant be that bad..all i got to say is at this point i could careless to work there and clopay is hiring all the time so evryone that thinks its a good place to work come try it out and see how long you last..ive been there for 4 years now and in the last year and half shit has went way down hill bad...the job its self and the people i work with our great..but kinda like family eventually your goin to see them so much that everyone is gonna start takin their stress out on co workers...i know im stressed to the limit worryiong bout if i will get any sleep to work all nite when will i get to see my babies and my family outside of clopay..and im takin all my stress out on my family and friends and its killin them too..oh and another thing clopay did give us our compant pinic bk this year 2 kings island and deceided to have it 2 diff sat so that every team could have the chance to go unlike last time when alot of people had to work...ok but now thats it june 1st ot kicks in and some people have to work both sats..now how in the hell is that fair at all...yea they will give them any day tickets to go but still no free meal and there will be no one there that they know ....food at kings island is very high so we always enjoyed the free meal bc some people dont have alot of money to spend when they do get to take their kids....so that really pissed me off..but do you think the manangers care no bc they are off every sat and sun so they can enjoy life with their kids and family and can actually be a part of their life while mine have to suffer without havein me around and get upset with me bc i dont have time to do anything with them...in the next 7 days i will have 2 work 72hrs night shift which means the only day i have off i will be sleeping bc i worked the nite b4...not sure how im supposed to do it with no sitter willing to watch my kids that much so workin this many hrs with no sleep is goin to be real good for my body...
Not possible

United States

#5 Jun 1, 2010
Augusta...I feel your pain. My kids are older but working the way we do....doesn't make it easy on them either. It's not possible....or so they think....to have a life outside of Clopay. Stinks we have to work our regular shift....then scheduled OT...and then if they see fit....mandatory. I agree..everyone hates that place. Was great when I started but I wouldn't send my dog in that place now. Keep your chin up...and get yourself back in school...
worker

Maysville, KY

#6 Jun 1, 2010
honestly if your don't have time for family then how in the world. are you suppose to have time for school? the mangement say moral is good haha they haven't talk to anyone on the floor have they
Wished

United States

#7 Jun 2, 2010
My husband has put apps in down there three times, and they never call him. He is 40 will work these young kids under the table! Yet they give him no shot! Has years of exp. working as a supervisor at a well known factory in the city, and All he wants is a shot at a decent job, that MOST wont even go back to after their first check. So why do they ONLY hire the ppl they know? Then they get screwed because all kinds of people quit.
Its just a shame, when their are ppl with families that will work hard for Clopay, but are never given a chance!
Hosta

Carthage, MO

#8 Jun 2, 2010
He must be putting something on his application that turns them off. Does he have a stable work history? Sometimes people leave work history blank thinking that it isnt important and it is SO important. If an employer looks at the application and doesnt get any information from looking at it, they wont call. Also if he has worked several places in a short period and puts that on there, they will not call him. Does he have anything in his background that might hold him back. Take a close look at how he is filling out the applications and I bet there are things you could improve to get their attention.

Since: Apr 10

Brooksville, ky.

#9 Jun 4, 2010
Hosta wrote:
He must be putting something on his application that turns them off. Does he have a stable work history? Sometimes people leave work history blank thinking that it isnt important and it is SO important. If an employer looks at the application and doesnt get any information from looking at it, they wont call. Also if he has worked several places in a short period and puts that on there, they will not call him. Does he have anything in his background that might hold him back. Take a close look at how he is filling out the applications and I bet there are things you could improve to get their attention.
Good advise on the application. I also would be careful what you wish for. From what I keep hearing it is a terrible place to work because of the hours. Honestly , who wants to work 72 hours a week? How long can someone keep that up? No wonder so many new hires quit after a short time.
i would

United States

#10 Jun 4, 2010
i would work 80 a week if needed. better then the little 20 i get bnow.
Easier Said Than Done

United States

#11 Jun 7, 2010
We all said that we would work as many hours as needed..in order to get hired..I've been an employee there for few years now. Let me tell ya....you wouldn't like it going days without seeing your children...missing out on what's going on in their lives. Them getting sick or you and having to worry about losing your job. Clopay used to be for families. The only thing they are for now is the mighty Clopay. I bet I've seen 40 people come and go in the last couple months. People can't take it. Sad part is Clopay lost some dang good operators. It bites !! Don't really mind the 12 hour rotating shifts but when you are forced to work you day or two off that you do get...it takes a toll on you and your family. I keep telling myself I am grateful to have a job but some days I really don't care if I have one or not. Be nice to see my kids before they are grown up and out of the house
The truth

Grayson, KY

#12 Jun 7, 2010
DP&l is the same way. 12 hour rotating shifts and they can force anytime which they will start to do often. Even some of the best jobs in the area aren't what they seem. That's just the way it is.
BE HAPPY YOU HAVE ONE

United States

#13 Jun 7, 2010
Least you got a good job. And yea, they only hire who they know. I know because my dad works there.Been there for over 20 years now.So... If you dont like it, then quit or stop complaining. I know several people who have families that wouldnt mind having to work over spending time with them because they are struggling way too much now. So just be happy you have a decent job.
Listen

United States

#14 Jun 7, 2010
What does your dad think about the hours now? Is he there Mon.- Fri. or is he on the floor? No, it's not a decent job. You don't know until you have to go through it. The work and most of the people are ok, it's who-ever is running the show that's really making it a living hell for everyone.
Be Happy

United States

#15 Jun 8, 2010
He is right there with you guys! And yea, I agree about the uppers being the problem, but what I dont understand is why on earth anyone of you would come here to complian and NOT be happy that you at least have a good paying job. GO TO THE UPPERS! Gripe to them so things WILL /CAN change! There are SO many here in this town who cant get in because of who they DONT know, and they would be great employees.
I know for a FACT they are planning a big news story because of all the hours and the hiring of Clopay. You will see camers soon. Then you guys can speak your mind for the world! Which you all should. I just dont see what Topix is gonna do to help you get days off. they should hire others to relieve you guys. I know people who would be willing to do that. They just dont wanna pay anyone else.
Wild

Toledo, OH

#16 Jun 8, 2010
Heard Jill harg. Is tryin to do em all!!! No joke! But we ain't givin her tgr time of day!! Sick ho been with too many dudes!!! Leave us guys alone!'n
augusta

Hillsboro, KY

#17 Jun 8, 2010
we do say something to the uppers but all the do is cuss at u and tell where the fkin door is...thats a place where u cant have an opion or ur rights..u get pointed for everything even if ur on ur death bed...and i got a job there and i dont know any of the uppers there or if i do know them they dont like me...i got the job bc i have good work history...the bad thing is now that they hire whoever can pass the test even if they dont have any common sense what so ever and i think it takes alot more common sense to do the jobs we do and people who are lazy and dont do their jobs but kiss some major butt are the ones that can get away with anything but the people like me who bust my butt everyday for that place doesnt get any respect at all but hey what can i say its not who u know or how well u do ur job at that place its all who u blow and thats the darn truth...i hate it and i wish i could find another job everyday i get up but as of right now im stuck there until i find another one or i get pointed out for havin some sick babies...
about time

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Jun 9, 2010
Wild wrote:
Heard Jill harg. Is tryin to do em all!!! No joke! But we ain't givin her tgr time of day!! Sick ho been with too many dudes!!! Leave us guys alone!'n
Obligatory Jill H. reference.
Seal

Maysville, KY

#19 Jun 9, 2010
I`ll tell you about Clopay, they employ people who have a drug habits and they keep a closed eye to it.
To Seal

United States

#20 Jun 9, 2010
When I worked there a couple years ago, they heard a rumor that someone smoked pot, tested him, and told him to hit the door when he tested positive. FYI

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Augusta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mac Daddy's Bar 20 hr Pigcorkio 9
Kelly Sidebottom Wed Seeker 1
chris hargett (Dec '12) Mar 22 Was his ex wife 10
Jenny Mar 18 Ann 5
2 missing puppies Mar 18 Cheryl rhoden 1
looser (Dec '15) Mar 7 Jim bobcock 10
Conjoined poop Mar 7 Polecat 9

Augusta Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance