First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Rhuehel

Norristown, PA

#83 Aug 8, 2011
pitboss wrote:
Someone at LA stole my sneakers right out of the Womens locker room. Seriously. Who does that? This is Collegeville not Kensington.
It doesn't matter where you are, you have to use personal locks at all times. I can't tell you how many times I walk into the lockers, opening them up, trying to find a vacant locker & I find people's unlocked wallets, phones, keys, watches, etc..all in plain view. I don't place much faith in people these days to do nothing anymore if they open a locker & find personal belongings unattended to. Times are tough & it only takes a second to secure your stuff.
Ahnuld

Raleigh, NC

#84 Aug 9, 2011
I'm sorry, but you have no reason to complain about stolen property, if you carelessly left your belongings in an unlocked locker.
You can't just assume that everyone's a fine upstanding citizen, when you don't even know these people.
I lock my stuff up all of the time, no matter what gym I'm at.
More people should do the same, because as the previous poster mentioned, I would have to open several lockers at LA, before finally finding an empty one to put my stuff in. Way to may careless people, as anyone could help themselves to their belongings and head out the door.
Driver

Collegeville, PA

#85 Aug 15, 2011
I have never been in the gym, but I know for sure some of the people who use the gym get an excellent workout. Upon leaving the gym, they are way too tired to walk the extra five yards to the crosswalk. Now that is a great workout! Either that or, more amazingly, they feel fit enough to stop a two ton automobile.
pitboss

United States

#86 Aug 20, 2011
Ahnuld wrote:
I'm sorry, but you have no reason to complain about stolen property, if you carelessly left your belongings in an unlocked locker.
You can't just assume that everyone's a fine upstanding citizen, when you don't even know these people.
I lock my stuff up all of the time, no matter what gym I'm at.
More people should do the same, because as the previous poster mentioned, I would have to open several lockers at LA, before finally finding an empty one to put my stuff in. Way to may careless people, as anyone could help themselves to their belongings and head out the door.
I feel that i do have a reason to complain. I left my sneakers there by accident. It was not on purpose and to think that bc I left my sneakers at my gym while trying to get to work means I've lost them forever it unacceptable. I open lockers too and find peoples clothing an gym bags. That doesn't mean I steal the stuff! I just look for an available locker! People don't think they need to lock up their sweaty gym clothes and they shouldn't have to! If it is not yours, don't take it! Something we all should have learned in kindergarten! Whoever did that is a slimy person and for people to blame it on not having stuff locked up is what is wrong with us as a society. If you forget to lock your car while you run into cvs for cough medicine and u come out and it is stolen, is it your fault for leaving it unlocked? Unlocked means fair game? That's ridiculous!
Rhuehel

Norristown, PA

#87 Aug 22, 2011
pitboss wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is not yours, don't take it! Something we all should have learned in kindergarten! Whoever did that is a slimy person and for people to blame it on not having stuff locked up is what is wrong with us as a society. If you forget to lock your car while you run into cvs for cough medicine and u come out and it is stolen, is it your fault for leaving it unlocked? Unlocked means fair game? That's ridiculous!
Unfortunately- we're also in a society of the unemployed, the unruly teens w/flashmobs, & cybercriminals. If you're leaving your stuff unlocked you are making it that much easier for anyone to claim your cash, car, your home address while you work, & your identity. YES- if you leave your car running at a CVS to go buy something you better believe you're fair game & partly to blame if the car gets taken. You seriously trust society today to do the right thing?
Hariy

Philadelphia, PA

#88 Aug 22, 2011
Typical liberal thinking, don't blame the criminal, blame the victim, or society, or anybody else.
422 Hater

Norristown, PA

#89 Aug 22, 2011
Not me! Retro Fitness is where it's at!
pitboss

United States

#90 Aug 23, 2011
Rhuehel wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately- we're also in a society of the unemployed, the unruly teens w/flashmobs, & cybercriminals. If you're leaving your stuff unlocked you are making it that much easier for anyone to claim your cash, car, your home address while you work, & your identity. YES- if you leave your car running at a CVS to go buy something you better believe you're fair game & partly to blame if the car gets taken. You seriously trust society today to do the right thing?
I seriously was surprised that someone stole my sweaty sneakers from the Womens locker room.
pitboss

United States

#91 Sep 7, 2011
Hariy wrote:
Typical liberal thinking, don't blame the criminal, blame the victim, or society, or anybody else.
Like!
Jeff

Blue Bell, PA

#92 Sep 8, 2011
The Downingtown LA Fitness is a lot better than Collegeville. Newer equipment and all the cardio gear has TVs
Ahnuld

Raleigh, NC

#93 Sep 9, 2011
Hariy wrote:
Typical idiot, living in a world where everyone's a label.

Ahnuld

Raleigh, NC

#94 Sep 9, 2011
pitboss wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel that i do have a reason to complain. I left my sneakers there by accident. It was not on purpose and to think that bc I left my sneakers at my gym while trying to get to work means I've lost them forever it unacceptable. I open lockers too and find peoples clothing an gym bags. That doesn't mean I steal the stuff! I just look for an available locker! People don't think they need to lock up their sweaty gym clothes and they shouldn't have to! If it is not yours, don't take it! Something we all should have learned in kindergarten! Whoever did that is a slimy person and for people to blame it on not having stuff locked up is what is wrong with us as a society. If you forget to lock your car while you run into cvs for cough medicine and u come out and it is stolen, is it your fault for leaving it unlocked? Unlocked means fair game? That's ridiculous!
Of course it's your fault if someone steals your car because you left it unlocked! Years ago my wife accidentally left her purse laying on he ground at a seating area by a children's carousel ride at a local mall. When we realised we forgot it we returned to the area and it was gone. Luckily a decent person found it, and got in touch with us, but had it not been returned whose fault would it have been? Ours, because we're the ones who forgot to take it with us.
Noone's sympathazing with the crook that stole your sneakers, but you need a reality check, if you think you can leave your belongings around unattended, and find them when you return.
I ALWAYS lock my belongings up whenever I go to the gym, because I don't trust strangers. Perhaps kindergarten should've taught you that lesson.
Go invest in a $3 lock if you truly care for your property.
LOLLYPOP

Glen Mills, PA

#95 Nov 15, 2011
I belong to la fitness always got a good workout there. did have a problem with paper towels & soap, but i have more important things to be worried about. it's a gym of course there not going to rush to fix equipment, they probably figure just jump on something else! shift change at work, now i'm gonna have to start to go at like 8 am. hoping it's not packed at that time... hate going at 5 or 6, can't get on any equipment. i'm there to get a good work out in and get out, not socialize for hours. i had a pair of pants stolen too... was getting changed & by accident left them laying out. i personally wouldn't want anyones worn pants.. i lock up everything, common sense don't trust anyone!
Rhuehel

Pottstown, PA

#96 Feb 20, 2012
so when's it become acceptable that staff at LAF takes personal photos of gym patrons? yep some idiot did this last Thurs. Not sure if he's mgt or just a trainer for Pro-Results but he snapped a pic of two ppl in a room on his own iphone. I smell lawsuit coming.
Rhuehel

Pottstown, PA

#97 Feb 20, 2012
this was in Pottstown not Collegeville btw & the brainiac didn't ask the people if they minded he take their pic.
Runner

Wayne, PA

#98 Jul 25, 2013
Rhuehel wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter where you are, you have to use personal locks at all times. I can't tell you how many times I walk into the lockers, opening them up, trying to find a vacant locker & I find people's unlocked wallets, phones, keys, watches, etc..all in plain view. I don't place much faith in people these days to do nothing anymore if they open a locker & find personal belongings unattended to. Times are tough & it only takes a second to secure your stuff.
Google lock shim and bumping. jul 2013 my gym locker lock at collegeville la fitness was shimmed credit cards stolen and lock replaced.$13,000 was charged at kop mall in 1 hr 45 min. Seems it happens every 6 months at this la fitness - probably guest pass people but la fitness made no effort to id the thief and upper prov police just enter into database So lock doesnt even help
allison

Glen Mills, PA

#99 Jul 25, 2013
that's scarey.. from now on i'm locking my whole purse in the trunk of my car.. i usually take it in and lock it up, that's not even safe!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Audubon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Earth Matters: Historical heat waves a reminder... 5 hr FTW bichez 1
Review: Value Dry Basement Waterproofing & Remo... (Jul '10) Jul 11 Not An Idiot 24
News Philipsburg teens accused of stealing car (Aug '07) Jun 30 BigFrankGFY 2
Collegeville Inn (Jun '09) Jun '16 EMe 24
Holiday inn express by hooters. Jun '16 ganja farmer 3
News Dispute leaves 1 dead on Lindsay Lot Road (Aug '09) Jun '16 Desirae Buttermore 154
Review: Bankers Life & Casualty Co (Apr '09) Jun '16 agent 27

Audubon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Audubon Mortgages