Diocese Of Camden Changes

Intended parish configurations for parish revitalization After prayerful reflection and study, and extensive consultation, and in order to address our pastoral priorities by calling back those who have ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Angry Ed

Camden, NJ

#21 Apr 4, 2008
Beware - Joe is a wolf in sheep's clothing. There is no actual need for this reconfiguration! There is no priest shortage at the present time and most of the parishes affected were vibrant and self-sufficient. Joe has a huge ego and delusions of grandeur. This plan is doomed to fail on many levels. And, what's scary, is that it may only be step one.
Tony from Cherry Hill

Marlton, NJ

#22 Apr 4, 2008
Bishop Galente always leads off with the shortage of priests as the thing that got this whole bogus "gathering God's Gifts". It's not a gift if you are losing your community. I understand that there are hundreds or thousands of priests in African countries that would be happy to come to the USA. Let Galente bring them in, we'll find the money to support the parishes. I'm from St Gregory, Magnolia. The Bishop let us pony up $300,000 to do major repair work on the church - why, to close it? I'm no wonderful contributor but I give over $150 a month to the Church. How much of that went to the Bishop, it's time for him to give back. Find a way Bishop, St Gregory found a way to pay the debt. I also find it curious that the Bishop made his "decision" after two of the biggest donation Sundays in the year (Palm Sunday and Easter).
unknown

Bridgeton, NJ

#23 Apr 4, 2008
geez,you guys are taking this closing thing to serious!!!things happen for a reason,thimk about it
joe hann

Miami, FL

#24 Apr 5, 2008
need married priests and women priests. must build the church.
Robert

Haddon Heights, NJ

#25 Apr 5, 2008
This is NOT going to help the Catholic Church in this area...Its going to decrease the number of perishioners that will attend due to the inconvience!
Amazed

AOL

#26 Apr 5, 2008
I hear the most redicules spitful things that these Catholics are doing to spite the churches because of the combining of schools and closing of churches - very sad indeed.
The schools and churches are trying to be considerate of feelings and trying to make the combining of the schools a fair thing and both sides squabble of every little thing - like spoiled brates.
Jack E Boucher

Columbia, MD

#27 Apr 6, 2008
As a person who grew up in South Jersey and lived in that wonderful area from the age of four to fifty five, I feel compelled to put in my two cents worth. The world's, and the US population is increasing at breakneck speed. Since I moved from the area in 1986, South Jersey's population has doubled or tripled. A strong percentage of these new folks are undoubtedly Catholic. The growth of people will not cease. Now Is NOT the time to be closing or merging churches.The good Bishop should be concentrating on preparing for the future, saving the beautiful old, often historic churches...such as St. Peter's in Pleasantville [I see St. Nicholas in A.C. is safe] With the return of the Tridentine Latin Mass, a flood of cafeteria catholics have been returning to full communion, as well they should, for their own sake. In my own church The Latin Trid. congregation is in excess of 450 already, of which by far the greater percentage were not even born when Vatican II came so close to destroying the Church we treasure. Amen!
Oh OK

Cherry Hill, NJ

#28 Apr 7, 2008
Good less access to kids.
Evelyn from Sicklerville

Burlington, NJ

#29 Apr 9, 2008
If the problem is that there aren't enough priests, then why not let them get married.I don't see what is the big deal.Just b/c people believe that the Disciples where single it doesn't necessarily mean that it was true. No one really knows how it was back in those days. No one really knows if the Disciples were truly in fact single. Priests are human and they also have needs like every regular Joe. If the Priests were to marry, there would not be any problem. They would have enough Priests. Why do you think that there many Deacons, Preachers and Revs. By not letting Priests get married they are cutting out one of the importance of being a Human.
Rajes

Malvern, PA

#30 Apr 10, 2008
teachinggirl wrote:
<quoted text>
A true catholic would never say they are ashamed to be a catholic. Shame on you!
I don't think because someone speaks what's on their minds and it doesn't agree with what the catholic church is saying they should be "ashamed" If more people say what they knew we wouldn't have have all the laws suits that we are now paying for.
Matt

AOL

#31 Apr 14, 2008
ALL you people complaining......Those who are complaining how many priests do you have in your family? Or would you support a family member who would want to be a priest?
Mary Lourdes

Swedesboro, NJ

#32 Apr 15, 2008
Sally Schulte wrote:
Glad to hear Mater Ecclesia is not closing. It's a very special church to worship God. Our prayers have been answered by God and his Blessed Mother.
WE IN SALEM COUNTY HAVE BEEN HIT THE HARDEST IN REGARDS TO CLOSINGS. THE COST OF FUEL KEEPS RISING AND YET WE WILL BE FORCED TO TRAVEL A GREAT DISTANCE TO MASS. WE ARE THE FIRST CATHOLIC CHURCHES....OUR PARISH AREA CAN TRACE A BAPTISM IN 1743 IN ALLOWAY, NJ. IT WAS GERMAN PRIESTS FROM PHILADELPHIA WHO RODE HORSEBACK AND DODGED BULLETS WHO CAME TO SALEM COUNTY FROM PHILLY TO CELEBRATE MASS. ST. JOHN NEUMANN AND MANY OTHERS BUILT THESE CATHOLIC SCHOOLS AND CHURCHES WHICH WILL NOW BE CLOSED FOREVER. THIS WILL DAMAGE THE CATHOLIC FAITH. MASS, THE HOLY EUCHARIST AND PRAYING THE ROSARY ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF BEING A CATHOLIC FOR ME AND MANY OTHERS.
ALSO IT WAS A DISGRACE TO READ THAT 2007 GOOD CATHOLICS IN HARLEM, NY WERE ARRESTED AFTER HOLDING PEACEFUL VIGILS TO PROTEST THEIR CHURCH CLOSINGS. WE HAVE A RIGHT TO BE ANGRY AND UPSET...THE PEDOPHILES AND BAD PRIESTS ARE THE ONES WHO SHOULD HAVE BEEN ARRESTED....THIS IS WHY THERE IS A SHORTAGE OF PRIESTS.
Mary Lourdes

Swedesboro, NJ

#33 Apr 15, 2008
Tony from Cherry Hill wrote:
Bishop Galente always leads off with the shortage of priests as the thing that got this whole bogus "gathering God's Gifts". It's not a gift if you are losing your community. I understand that there are hundreds or thousands of priests in African countries that would be happy to come to the USA. Let Galente bring them in, we'll find the money to support the parishes. I'm from St Gregory, Magnolia. The Bishop let us pony up $300,000 to do major repair work on the church - why, to close it? I'm no wonderful contributor but I give over $150 a month to the Church. How much of that went to the Bishop, it's time for him to give back. Find a way Bishop, St Gregory found a way to pay the debt. I also find it curious that the Bishop made his "decision" after two of the biggest donation Sundays in the year (Palm Sunday and Easter).
MANY PARISHES BUILT NEW BUILDING AND REPAIRS SO THEY CAN TURN AROUND AND SELL....IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY AND REAL ESTATE...THAT IS WHY THERE IS MORE CLOSURE AND MERGERS THEN CLUSTERS....
Mary Lourdes

Swedesboro, NJ

#34 Apr 15, 2008
Matt wrote:
ALL you people complaining......Those who are complaining how many priests do you have in your family? Or would you support a family member who would want to be a priest?
YES....I DO HAVE PRIESTS IN MY FAMILY....MY FAMILY HELP BUILD THE CATHOLIC CHURCH IN PHILADELPHIA AND NEW JERSEY.....THEY BRAVELY FACED THE KKK AS THEY CELEBRATED MASS.....NJ'S FIRST CONSTITUTION DISCRIMINATED AGAINST CATHOLICS.....MY FAMILY LIKE SO MANY OTHERS THIS ARE CATHOLICS OF THE TRUE FAITH....NOT LUKEWARM....
Mary Lourdes

Swedesboro, NJ

#35 Apr 15, 2008
'SAY IT AINT SO JOE!!!????(GALANTE)\
Angry Ed wrote:
Beware - Joe is a wolf in sheep's clothing. There is no actual need for this reconfiguration! There is no priest shortage at the present time and most of the parishes affected were vibrant and self-sufficient. Joe has a huge ego and delusions of grandeur. This plan is doomed to fail on many levels. And, what's scary, is that it may only be step one.
WE SHOULD ALL GET TOGETHER AND HOLD PEACEFUL VIGILS LIKE THEY DID ALL OVER THE COUNTRY....GUESS WHAT??? THEY CALLED THE POLICE ON THESE INNOCENT PEOPLE!!! THEY ARE QUICK TO CALL THE POLICE ON INNOCENT PEOPLE....YET WHEN IT COMES TO PEDOPHILES AND THEIVES,ETC....THEY TURN A BLIND EYE....AND NOW THEY ARE LYING STILL TO ALL OF US....THE BISHOP AND OUR PRIESTS ARE OUR SHEPARDS...AND WE ARE THE FLOCK...THE GOOD SHEPHARD TURNED IT'S BACK ON THE FLOCK AND FED THE FLOCK TO THE WOLVES....
CatholicYouth

Mount Laurel, NJ

#36 Jul 13, 2008
To whoever said that not questioning the Church leaders is being naive, well, when forming the Missionaries of Charity, Mother Teresa told her archbishop that his "yes" or "no", whatever it be, she would accept as God's Will, even though she felt that the Missionaries should be founded.
Also, letting priests marry wouldn't help anything in our diocese, plus Bishop Galante doesn't have the authority to allow that. Besides, if a man says "I'd become a priest if I was allowed to marry." then he isn't truly following God! If he was truly following God, then he'd be willing to give it all up for Him. And by the way, the Church doesn't have the authority to ordain women to the priesthood, John Paul the Great said that a couple years ago.
Now instead of complaining against Bishop, why don't we try to support him, and pray that God's will be done (instead of praying that our own church stays open)
Just my two cents.
PS. ClaytonCatholic, I personally find Mass with Fr. Jaromir to be boring and not celebrated very sacredly. And I'm an altar server.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Audubon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Camden County Reaches Full Sustainability Oct 9 Zach 1
Eric Grafton of Quality Time (Oct '13) Sep '14 Eric Grafton 4
Haddonfield's Steve Cordasco FIRED at 1210WPHT Sep '14 CBS Philadelphia 2
Gloucester County indictments include attempted... Sep '14 RayRice4Eva 2
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Gloucester City, NJ (May '12) Sep '14 bringbacktheredmill 3
Camden Home for Children was a haven for 114 years (Sep '08) Sep '14 Resident 4
Debate: Ferguson - Bellmawr, NJ Aug '14 patti 2

Audubon News Video

Audubon Dating
Find my Match

Audubon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Audubon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Audubon

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]