Colls to Regulate Coin Drops

Colls to Regulate Coin Drops

There are 1 comment on the The Retrospect story from May 12, 2008, titled Colls to Regulate Coin Drops. In it, The Retrospect reports that:

“It's not our favorite way for organizations to raise money, but we recognize that they get some substantial donations with this method”

Ken Roberts 09.MAY.08 The borough of Collings-wood has introduced an ordinance to regulate "coin drop" solicitations of motorists. via The Retrospect

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Retrospect.

Julie

Noblesville, IN

#1 May 21, 2008
Thank you very much! Finally someone sees the absolute absurdity of the bucket people and their begging for money. I am famous in my family for getting very agitated when I drive to an intersection and am accosted by people with buckets demanding my coinage. It should be illegal if not outright banned. What a scam! It is dangerous for the pedestrians but it is the driver's responsibility to avert running over these bucket people. Keep beggars out of the intersections and off the public streets. I give often and plenty to worthy causes....of my choice. I don't need to be hounded in my car as I wait at a red light!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Audubon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jessica Cecilia Ratcliffe & Peter Anthony Polij... (Oct '09) Apr '16 Animale 2
Save the Historic Hugg House Apr '16 Noname 2
Lisa Hoopes murdered in Gloucester (Dec '06) Apr '16 Bonnie 12
joshua dockery sailor (Mar '10) Mar '16 Nebraska 5
GCHS: Another Teacher Arrested Mar '16 TooMuchWhiteTrash... 3
News Gloucester City woman missing since September h... (Jan '15) Mar '16 TooMuchWhiteTrash... 5
Review: Clements Lawn Mowing (Aug '11) Feb '16 Tony D 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Audubon Mortgages