Discreet Diner | Rexy's Bar & Restaurant

Full story: Philly.com

Like Abbott and Costello, Bogie and Bacall, pretzels and mustard, Rexy's and the Flyers will always go together.
Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Sep 28, 2010
Scott

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2007

I have to add a short story concerning Rexy’s Bar. I grew up in Haddon Heights during the seventies, and remember the connection between the Flyers and Rexy’s. Well fast forward to the nineties, living in St. Pete FL, while cleaning out the house we had just bought (the owners left everything they owned inside)- I came across a Rexy’s Bar ashtray! It says Rexy’s Bar Beer Wines Liquors W. Collingswood Hts. N.J. Sandwiches Real Italian Pizza Pies You’ve Tried the Rest Now Try the Best. On the bottom is the likeness of a rotary dial phone, with the phone # GL6-7911. Stuff like this is priceless!
Jen

Collingswood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2007

I know what you mean...
Joe P

Sicklerville, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2007

Judged:

Back in the 70's I enjoyed a dessert at Rexy's-
"Joan Spectre's Chocolate Mousse". It was a Chocolate Lovers dream. I notice now it's no longer offered, and none of the staff remember it.
Bob

Rupert, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2008

I used to have lunch pretty regularly when I worked in sales, for the Courier-Post (1960-1969), they had the best meatball sandwiches in S. Jersey! I dream of going back....but; it won't happen. I now live 2450 miles away!
Jeff_M

Havertown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2008

I spent many nights at Rexy's after Flyer games of the mid and late 70's. I was friendly with Clarke, Kelly, MacLeish, Barber, all of 'em, really. Bob Kelly in particular was a good and fun-loving guy. Pat Fietto, the owner, was a great guy as well and I recall Sal the bartender serving me many, many drinks and many laughs with Kathy and Kathy. Flyers, beer and women. Damn, do I miss those days!
soulmak

Barrington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2009

Scott wrote:
I have to add a short story concerning Rexy’s Bar. I grew up in Haddon Heights during the seventies, and remember the connection between the Flyers and Rexy’s. Well fast forward to the nineties, living in St. Pete FL, while cleaning out the house we had just bought (the owners left everything they owned inside)- I came across a Rexy’s Bar ashtray! It says Rexy’s Bar Beer Wines Liquors W. Collingswood Hts. N.J. Sandwiches Real Italian Pizza Pies You’ve Tried the Rest Now Try the Best. On the bottom is the likeness of a rotary dial phone, with the phone # GL6-7911. Stuff like this is priceless!
I use to work at rexy's and i think you live in the former owners house. he use to go to fl for the winter.
Scott

Kearny, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2010

Where was rexy's?
footer

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2010

I grew up in Haddonfield in the 70's. Drinking beer and watching the Flyers. Where does the time go?
Kay

Magnolia, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2010

I worked at Rexy's from 1988-2003, I remember Joan Spectre's chocolate mousse and I believe you can get it from the Classic Cake Co. if they are still around.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Audubon Discussions

Search the Audubon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bellmawr Public Library (Apr '08) Jul 20 patti 5
1 Hurt, 4 Displaced After Utility Van Slams Int... Jul 20 patti 1
FBI needs to investigate Barrington, NJ (Jun '07) Jul 10 afraid to post 59
joshua dockery sailor (Mar '10) Jun '14 curious 4
Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News BANNED in ... (Mar '13) Jun '14 Daisy from Gracies 3
Possible Stalker May '14 Chris Hansen 2
Paige Pfefferle is charged in the fatal stabbin... (Sep '10) Dec '13 Billy Russell 49
•••
•••

Audubon News Video

•••
•••

Audubon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Audubon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE