Neb. teen killed in accident involvin...

Neb. teen killed in accident involving teen driver

There are 58 comments on the Omaha World-Herald story from Jul 11, 2008, titled Neb. teen killed in accident involving teen driver. In it, Omaha World-Herald reports that:

An Auburn teenager has died after the car he was riding in ran a stop sign late and collided with a semitrailer about five miles west of Auburn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Omaha World-Herald.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Rustin McVicker

Topeka, KS

#1 Jul 13, 2008
he didnt run it he slid into the road... and don't blame derek the semi could have stopped for a sliding car... but he kept going... THE TRUCKER IS THE REASON AUSTIN IS NO LONGER WITH US...
father-semi driver

United States

#3 Jul 13, 2008
Rustin McVicker : wake up to reality,your brother errorred in this crash.
The trucker in no way could have hit your brothers car,nor could he have avoid the accident.
Be assured of this young man. Because of your brother drinking and driving,crash ending in a death of a person. The truck driver will be subject to a drug sceen a lot stricter then the Alchol test your brother will be subject too.
Rustin-my daughter knew everyone in the car.Your brother has been to my house many times. Austin has been here many times as well.
All we can hope for now-is that your brother has learned a great lesson from this.
Nothing can bring Austin back,yes your brother will mentally deal with this forever.
Rustin-you should realize, this crash will have a mental affect on this truck-drive too.
person

Lincoln, NE

#4 Jul 13, 2008
Rustin McVicker wrote:
he didnt run it he slid into the road... and don't blame derek the semi could have stopped for a sliding car... but he kept going... THE TRUCKER IS THE REASON AUSTIN IS NO LONGER WITH US...
Sliding? on what??It's July not January.
Christa

Shalimar, FL

#5 Jul 13, 2008
Rustin you need to step back and look at what your saying because half of it is untrue. So keep your damn mouth shut. Derek does not need you on here running you mouth about shit that is untrue.

Since: Feb 08

Jtown

#6 Jul 13, 2008
Rustin McVicker wrote:
Have you seen the accident report? It might be time you did. It is in no possible way the truckers fault. Why in the hell would a car be sliding into an intersection except because of speed and obviously having been drinking. Besides the car is the one who hit the semi to begin with not the other way around.
ian from auburn

Goodyear, AZ

#7 Jul 13, 2008
rustin ur ar a dumb ass they were in a mustang they should have not been driven that fast mabe they were going fast mabe not but to those who tock shit shut up no one knows what happen we just no what the cops said the only ones that no where the ones in the car and that sign is a bitch to see anyways i no i have almost mist it but lets just thank god for the ones how lived and never for get the loved one we lost and if u want to tock shit well shit is what u ar. P.S who ever made this web sit u ar nothen but a pice of shit fuck rumor starten loven drama damb ass go to hell
Regis Montcrief

Omaha, NE

#8 Jul 14, 2008
ian from auburn wrote:
rustin ur ar a dumb ass they were in a mustang they should have not been driven that fast mabe they were going fast mabe not but to those who tock shit shut up no one knows what happen we just no what the cops said the only ones that no where the ones in the car and that sign is a bitch to see anyways i no i have almost mist it but lets just thank god for the ones how lived and never for get the loved one we lost and if u want to tock shit well shit is what u ar. P.S who ever made this web sit u ar nothen but a pice of shit fuck rumor starten loven drama damb ass go to hell
And people don't think the education system has problems?????
friend of family

Lexington, NE

#9 Jul 14, 2008
Ok Honey you must not be very old! A semi takes a while to come to a stop! Cars sliding threw an intersection come fast! Semi's take along time to stop! So NO it is not the semi drivers fault!
Rustin McVicker wrote:
Rusted Brain

Lincoln, NE

#10 Jul 15, 2008
Hey Rusty...youre totally right dude, if youre out roadtrippin in Ford Mustang and slide through a stop sign and onto a highway in the path a semi-truck then you didnt do anything wrong its the semi's fault all they way...and youre totally right man...in fact I bet the semi truck driver kidnapped your brother, made him drink booze, forced the othe kids to drink booze, forced your brother to run the stop sign (oh I mean "slide"... sorry bro)and you know what I bet he even purchased the booze for the kids....oh wait a minute...THAT WAS YOUR GIRLFRIEND RUSTY!!! Isn't it amazing how kids these days cant take and ounce of responsibility???!!!

Since: Feb 08

Jtown

#11 Jul 15, 2008
Well then if it is Rustins girlfriend who bought the beer then i bet she will be charged won't she. Rustin must be in denial. I doubt your brother really needs you going around talking about it at all. And I know Austins family wishes you would just back off.

Since: Nov 07

Auburn, Nebraska

#12 Jul 17, 2008
ian from auburn wrote:
Hey Ian! There are these elements of written language called periods, commas, question marks, quotation marks, etc.. They look like this [.][,][?]["]. Some people use them when they write so they won't appear to others as hillbilly morons. These items are also useful when applying for employment or trying to write a letter. I realize they don't teach these things in the local schools, so I thought I might help you out and tell you all about them. I do think your post was wonderful, however. Especially the last sentence, if there is one.
NEW READER

Lincoln, NE

#13 Jul 17, 2008
Rustin McVicker wrote:
Semi's can't stop in a split second. Besides it was dark. Just a tragic accident.
Lex

United States

#14 Jul 17, 2008
Let it go people...let it go
Be Smart

Saint Robert, MO

#15 Jul 17, 2008
Regis Montcrief wrote:
<quoted text>
And people don't think the education system has problems?????
Be smart with what you say.
Be Smart

Saint Robert, MO

#16 Jul 17, 2008
It is important to educate all young people about what happens when you drink and drive. This is a horriable accident. I am sorry for the family and friends. These teenagers are going to have find a way to deal with this for the rest of their lives.

Since: Nov 07

Auburn, Nebraska

#17 Jul 17, 2008
Unfortunately, this will give those idiots at NADAA all sorts of new ammunition with which to badger everyone. Oddly, they have been very quiet on the subject so far. I think they will let the shock wear off before they start taking advantage of this misfortune. One young man's troubles are over, but I have a feeling this is just the beginning of a lifetime of regret for some of the others. This is just as sad as can be.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#18 Jul 17, 2008
The Common Sense Doctor wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ian! There are these elements of written language called periods, commas, question marks, quotation marks, etc.. They look like this [.][,][?]["]. Some people use them when they write so they won't appear to others as hillbilly morons. These items are also useful when applying for employment or trying to write a letter. I realize they don't teach these things in the local schools, so I thought I might help you out and tell you all about them. I do think your post was wonderful, however. Especially the last sentence, if there is one.
LOL! No, that was definately all one sentence, its fun to out loud actually.
auburn

Lincoln, NE

#19 Aug 22, 2008
This was a tragic accident. I feel sorry for the families. When something like this happens you, you want to blame someone. It is hard to realize that someone you love is gone. Lets all just remember that the good times that we had with Austin, you know that is what he would want. As far as blaming the truck driver, I can not see how it was his fault. You should never drive a car on a gravel road that fast and you should never drink and drive. So it does not matter whose fault it was or was not. Derek and everyone that was in the car will never forget that night. Lets just hope that no one else will make the same mistake.
More News

Lincoln, NE

#20 Aug 23, 2008
auburn wrote:
This was a tragic accident. I feel sorry for the families. When something like this happens you, you want to blame someone. It is hard to realize that someone you love is gone. Lets all just remember that the good times that we had with Austin, you know that is what he would want. As far as blaming the truck driver, I can not see how it was his fault. You should never drive a car on a gravel road that fast and you should never drink and drive. So it does not matter whose fault it was or was not. Derek and everyone that was in the car will never forget that night. Lets just hope that no one else will make the same mistake.
The mistake is made, A wonderful person is gone and a young girl has a lot of recovery to make. Derek will have to pay the price, whether he wants to admit it was his fault or not (because it was). Asking the truck driver to get rid of the beer while your friend is dying by your side, driving in the first place after drinking, turning off your headlights (wow stupid), high speeds on the gravel road, and the list keeps on going. He's still driving after being ordered not to, so I would take it that he has no care in the world and probably didn't that night either.
auburn

Lincoln, NE

#21 Aug 23, 2008
More News wrote:
<quoted text>
The mistake is made, A wonderful person is gone and a young girl has a lot of recovery to make. Derek will have to pay the price, whether he wants to admit it was his fault or not (because it was). Asking the truck driver to get rid of the beer while your friend is dying by your side, driving in the first place after drinking, turning off your headlights (wow stupid), high speeds on the gravel road, and the list keeps on going. He's still driving after being ordered not to, so I would take it that he has no care in the world and probably didn't that night either.
did not know the whole story just knew that there was a great loss and one person had a long road to recovery. What a dumb a**! Maybe after he is in jail for a few years maybe he will realize what he was doing was soooooooooooooooo stupid. The sad thing is you never really know someone. Also maybe the other people in the car should not have gotten in with him. I am torn. All I know is that it should have never happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Auburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barn chores Fri Cowgirl 6
bill Jun 29 Anonymous 27
Swamp donkey Jun 21 Swamp Donkey 1
black ford ranger...... Jun 19 curious 1
Steve Elshire (Sep '11) Jun 11 joyfully1959 41
Derek arnst Jun 5 Hiya 1
Rape Jun 4 ABC123456789 4
More from around the web

Auburn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE