Elan School closing after Web campaig...

Elan School closing after Web campaign to shut it down

There are 4 comments on the Sun Journal story from Mar 23, 2011, titled Elan School closing after Web campaign to shut it down. In it, Sun Journal reports that:

Elan School closing after Web campaign to shut it down Published Mar 23, 2011 3:29 pm The Elan School, a private for-profit boarding school for troubled teens in Poland, has been forced to close, according to owner and Executive Director Sharon Terry of Casco.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sun Journal.

Beverly, MA

#1 Apr 6, 2011
This school should have been close down in the early 1980′s. But due to, in my opiniion, a cozy relationship that Elan and its owners and attorney’s had with federal, state and local entities, it made it impossible to get any real investigations.
Investigative journalist and former employee of Joe Ricci, Maura Curley and I ,researched the background of Joe Ricci and Elan School for nearly 3 years. Elan School former residents were interviewed and their stories were published in 1991. The Book, DUCK IN A RAINCOAT: AN UNAUTHORIZED PORTRAIT OF JOE RICCI, was introduced as evidence in the Skakel trial. The judge ultimately ruled that since there was existing published testimony by former Elan residents, residents could testify at the Skakel trial over the objections of Joe Ricci and Elan.
Elan Survivors waged this campaign to get Elan shut down, and they finally won.
Wayne Kernochan

New York, NY

#2 May 8, 2011
George Wilder

Winsted, CT

#3 Sep 1, 2013
I've read about this place and Danny Bennson and am horrified by it.
ayne Kernochan

Torrington, CT

#5 Jan 30, 2014
Danny Bennison's words
"I was a active drunk (as staff) and in the end maybe last 2 months drug user while I was working there. Not very responsible leader.
As my memory comes back I will post more."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Auburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Maine town becomes unlikely refuge for Somalis ... Wed bob deschenes 1
News United States Senator Susan Collins to Visit Ka... Oct 1 longtail 1
Duncan Donuts Sep '15 Bug Eater 1
News Man, 47, accused in abuse of teen Rocky Crowley... (Nov '07) Aug '15 Sherrie 37
Relatives of Ludger Roy, circa 1940 (Jan '15) Jan '15 David Chabot 1
Searching for Lucien or Robert Roy (Jan '15) Jan '15 David Chabot 1
News Rumford man awaiting trial on drug charges accu... (Jun '12) Jul '14 UMO2012 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Auburn Mortgages