BIG 104 FM beginning to suck?

BIG 104 FM beginning to suck?

Posted in the Auburn Forum

Bubba Hmmm

Bar Harbor, ME

#1 May 4, 2012
Since the BIG 104 FM hit Maine airwaves in 2012 people have been excited to see a new station. For those of us that like rock to actually sound like rock they only play 1960s, 1970s, and 1980s Rock classics. Which sounds great. Also when they first started they played thousands of songs in a row with no commercials as a promotion. Now, don't get me wrong I understand that commercials are important BUT this station is starting to suck. Why??? Well I'll tell you. First off they limit their music selection by playing only all "up tempo" music. Sounds good at work but if you're having beers with your buds it can get a little too sugary sweet. They are missing out on hundreds of others songs made during those three decades that made the top charts, not to mention singles by popular artists. Also they seem to play 30 songs over and over and over again. I mean I can almost set my watch to "American Pie". ha ha It's a great song but when you're hit over the head with it repeatedly it gets old fast. I'm finding myself headed to the internet and lookin' up Youtube music more often than listening to the radio. The competitor radio stations aren't all that much better in repetition. Don't get me wrong I love listening to the Beach Boys "Good vibrations" and even Dire Straights "I want my MTV" but when you hear the same 20 top hit songs over and over and over and over and over. You have to wonder. "what's the sense of putting so much time, effort, and money into a radio station to play a handful of songs? People can go to websites like Youtube and play songs for a WEEK and still not hear the same song twice. and on the internet you can find remixes as well. I was excited by BIG 104 at first but it's beginning to suck. How many times can you hear "I'll be here dancing you know it baby" before you die a little inside....... It's sort of like with Comedy Central playing the same 10 movies they own over & over again, you can only watch Ghostbusters so many times before you go insane. So why are radio stations doing the same thing? They have maybe 20 good songs peppered with 10 lesser popular songs that they play OVER & OVER forever! Are they aware of the internet?!?!
Dawn

Bangor, ME

#2 May 16, 2012
ha ha I sort of agree with you. Even though there are literally thousands of classic rock songs made between 1960 and 1989 it's like 104 plays the same handful of songs over and over again. I used to like that song "Always something there to remind me" by Naked Eyes but if I hear 104 play it one more time I am going to scream!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Auburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Truth About Sharon Terry and Elan School (Sep '14) Jun 1 Mike 14
News Feds award Maine $610,000 to boost rural economy (Feb '16) Feb '16 davy 2
News Two new charter schools tentatively approved in... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Robert Cameron 5
Relatives of Ludger Roy, circa 1940 (Jan '15) Jan '15 David Chabot 1
Searching for Lucien or Robert Roy (Jan '15) Jan '15 David Chabot 1
News Rumford man awaiting trial on drug charges accu... (Jun '12) Jul '14 UMO2012 2
Boston Red Sox Win 1st Game In Series 12 to 2 (Oct '13) Oct '13 Red Sox Win 4

Auburn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Auburn Mortgages