Trustees approve tuition hikes for Au...

Trustees approve tuition hikes for Auburn and AUM

There are 5 comments on the WSFA-TV Montgomery story from Apr 24, 2012, titled Trustees approve tuition hikes for Auburn and AUM. In it, WSFA-TV Montgomery reports that:

The Auburn University Board of Trustees has approved tuition increases beginning this fall for its main and Montgomery campuses.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSFA-TV Montgomery.

Just Saying

Paris, TN

#1 Apr 24, 2012
While I am no expert at this, shouldnt cuts within come first? Like Chiziks mils?

I understand college is a commodity and when the value of the dollar drops, it takes more net to compensate.

Since: Jul 10

Any town USA

#2 Apr 25, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
While I am no expert at this, shouldnt cuts within come first? Like Chiziks mils?
I understand college is a commodity and when the value of the dollar drops, it takes more net to compensate.
Colleges/Universities can care less about the student. It is all about the sports that bring in the money!

Higher education is just a scam these days!
Just Saying

Orlando, FL

#3 Apr 25, 2012
I dont agree with it being a scam, but I do not like them punishing students for wanting to better themselves.

“Want to know, go to Old Crow”

Since: Feb 11

Auburn, AL

#4 Apr 29, 2012
Its not punishment, it the new economic reality.
Everything, including education, is going to cost more now.
Educational institutions, just like ordinary businesses cannot sustain the massive debt like our Government seems so adept at doing. This new massive debt is the incubator for the inflation that is springing to life.
Uggh

Lake City, SC

#5 Oct 7, 2012
Eventually, college tuition will be so high no one will be able to afford to go or everyone will be on student loans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Auburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Opelika, AL (Sep '10) Aug 25 Bruce 10
Bars in town with darts? Aug 10 Jess89 1
News Lyman Ward Military Academy Kicks Off Major Enr... (Jan '09) Aug 7 Steven 296
who is the biggest who or slit man or woman in ... Jul '15 hole filler 1
#Legit #pain n #anxiety meds Jun '15 Auburn delivery 1
Hastings the only used book & CD store in Auburn? Jun '15 Will Dockery 1
best child custody lawyer ?? May '15 guest 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Auburn Mortgages