Several reportedly shot near Ala.'s Auburn U.

Jun 10, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Kansas City Star

Several people were shot at an apartment complex near Auburn University in Alabama when a fight broke out during a pool party, authorities and a witness said.Auburn Police Chief Tommy Dawson told the Opelika-Auburn News that police were called Saturday night.

Comments
21 - 40 of 47 Comments Last updated Jun 18, 2012
Mitts Gold Plated Tablets

Souderton, PA

#21 Jun 11, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there a point you're trying to make in your post? With so many qualifiers, assumptions and what if's it is hard to separate a valid point from the shit and shinola.
You contradicted yourself. You want people to hit the deck or start shooting?

Your fantasies of gun owning civilians whipping out guns and hitting the appropriate target is a fantasy.

The statistics are simple: More guns means the already existing rageaholics will pull them out more. This would at least offset any (imaginary) instances where a bad guy will be successfully shot down.

Is that dumbed down enough for you yet?
just saying

Reynoldsburg, OH

#22 Jun 11, 2012
Mitts Gold Plated Tablets wrote:
<quoted text>
You contradicted yourself. You want people to hit the deck or start shooting?
Your fantasies of gun owning civilians whipping out guns and hitting the appropriate target is a fantasy.
The statistics are simple: More guns means the already existing rageaholics will pull them out more. This would at least offset any (imaginary) instances where a bad guy will be successfully shot down.
Is that dumbed down enough for you yet?
You claim statistics support your argument but don't provide them or links to them. Where is your proof, pedant?

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#23 Jun 11, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I know why they are called criminals. What is your point?
simple that you don't have one duh , now get mad

Souderton, PA

#24 Jun 11, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim statistics support your argument but don't provide them or links to them. Where is your proof, pedant?
You "forgot" to explain your contradiction. You forgot to explain how civilians are going to be able to direct their fire in some random situation.

Statistics is a matter of probabilities. The math is simple. A given number of rageaholics in the population....

Fewer guns means fewer gun incidents from rageaholics because it's less likely they'll be armed when something ticks them off.

More guns means more gun incidents from rageaholics because it's more likely they'll just happen to have a gun when something ticks them off.
Gump

Enterprise, AL

#25 Jun 11, 2012
<quoted text>
You "forgot" to explain your contradiction. You forgot to explain how civilians are going to be able to direct their fire in some random situation.
Statistics is a matter of probabilities. The math is simple. A given number of rageaholics in the population....
Fewer guns means fewer gun incidents from rageaholics because it's less likely they'll be armed when something ticks them off.
More guns means more gun incidents from rageaholics because it's more likely they'll just happen to have a gun when something ticks them off.
Same old liberal bull crap argument.
Sort of like Philadelphia, isn't it?
So.........'splain me how Chicago, having some of the strictest gun control laws in the country has one of the highest gun violence crime rates? 8 dead and 40 wounded just this last weekend. And Illinois is the ONLY state that doesn't provide for concealed carry.

Souderton, PA

#26 Jun 11, 2012
Gump wrote:
<quoted text>
splain me how Chicago, having some of the strictest gun control laws in the country has one of the highest gun violence crime rates? 8 dead and 40 wounded just this last weekend.
Hey cretin:

You didn't deal with any of my content about these vaunted, "defensive" benefits of having everyone carry. Go re read. Git ur hom skool teechur to hewlp u.

When PA has much more lax gun laws than NY, it is not hard to figure out how to get guns into NY. And W. VA more lax than PA. So gun control laws are local. Guns are mobile. Is that too complicated?

As for Chicago, specifically, there's lots of reasons why particular cities have high per capita rates of gun murders, like Philly does. Part of it is gun availability. Part is income disparity. Part is the extent of the drug trade and whether there are warring cartels. A lot has to do with how dirty or abusive the police department is, for lots of reasons that have been studied.

You constapo Tea Baggers are such disgusting people.
Gump

Enterprise, AL

#27 Jun 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Hey cretin:
You didn't deal with any of my content about these vaunted, "defensive" benefits of having everyone carry. Go re read. Git ur hom skool teechur to hewlp u.
When PA has much more lax gun laws than NY, it is not hard to figure out how to get guns into NY. And W. VA more lax than PA. So gun control laws are local. Guns are mobile. Is that too complicated?
As for Chicago, specifically, there's lots of reasons why particular cities have high per capita rates of gun murders, like Philly does. Part of it is gun availability. Part is income disparity. Part is the extent of the drug trade and whether there are warring cartels. A lot has to do with how dirty or abusive the police department is, for lots of reasons that have been studied.
You constapo Tea Baggers are such disgusting people.
Why is it when you ignorant, stupid liberals have no intelligent rebuttal you have to resort to insults, name calling and otherwise derogatory remarks?

My English teacher in Lansdale would have slapped you silly had you been in her class. Oh, wait.... not possible. You're already to silly to breath on your own.

I didn't "deal with any of your content about..." because it is of no concern to me. Don't need to re-read and I got most of my edumaction in Pennsylvania's public schools, no doubt before you were born, so stuff your home skooled remark.

If you really believe the rest of the crap you posted, I suggest you run for public office. You'd fit right in with all the other candidates that promised to "clean things up."

As for Chicago...... you don't have a freaking clue, any more than you do about Auburn, Tucson, Columbine, Philly or Fort Hood.

You gun control freaking liberals are all alike.... stupid, ignorant, living in La-La land. No matter how often you are proven wrong, you just never see the light.
You subsidize income disparity, encourage the drug trades, make low income people dependent on government handouts and then blame the "Teabaggers" for society's ills.

Your wake up call is coming sooner than you think.
just saying

Reynoldsburg, OH

#28 Jun 12, 2012
<quoted text>
OK, I'll take that to mean nothing concrete will be forthcoming.

PS: are you tallyho?

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#29 Jun 12, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
with 40,000 plus posts when do I have time play grey box scarey cat ..
plus I can spell unlike Geno... like gestapo and I would never call you a cretin that would be to kind SFB

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#30 Jun 12, 2012
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
and as for you ...

breathe -to inhale and exhale air,
breath-the air inhaled and exhaled in respiration...the act or process of breathing; respiration....the capacity to breathe

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#31 Jun 12, 2012
that should twist your nuts for a while .....benightedness is showing

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#32 Jun 12, 2012
Gump wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it when you ignorant, stupid liberals have no intelligent rebuttal you have to resort to insults, name calling and otherwise derogatory remarks?
My English teacher in Lansdale would have slapped you silly had you been in her class. Oh, wait.... not possible. You're already to silly to breath on your own.
I didn't "deal with any of your content about..." because it is of no concern to me. Don't need to re-read and I got most of my edumaction in Pennsylvania's public schools, no doubt before you were born, so stuff your home skooled remark.
If you really believe the rest of the crap you posted, I suggest you run for public office. You'd fit right in with all the other candidates that promised to "clean things up."
As for Chicago...... you don't have a freaking clue, any more than you do about Auburn, Tucson, Columbine, Philly or Fort Hood.
You gun control freaking liberals are all alike.... stupid, ignorant, living in La-La land. No matter how often you are proven wrong, you just never see the light.
You subsidize income disparity, encourage the drug trades, make low income people dependent on government handouts and then blame the "Teabaggers" for society's ills.
Your wake up call is coming sooner than you think.
for openers that would be ..have any intelligence ," not have no ",,

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#33 Jun 12, 2012
you have a brother Forest ????... let him post for his little sister , please........ you just play TEA

this will set you off for a year
just saying

Reynoldsburg, OH

#34 Jun 12, 2012
tallyho wrote:
that should twist your nuts for a while .....benightedness is showing
So there is another also fixating on minutiae... the forum is so fortunate and you must feel flattered.
Gump

Enterprise, AL

#35 Jun 12, 2012
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
for openers that would be ..have any intelligence ," not have no ",,
Again, you're wrong.
KKKafeteria KKKristains

Souderton, PA

#36 Jun 12, 2012
Gump wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey you insane, lying pos, you just started out with insults yourself. Why do you not recognize how stupid that was of you given your complaint? You rube.

Now go back and read all the content in my posts. It's there.
Gump

Enterprise, AL

#37 Jun 12, 2012
KKKafeteria KKKristains wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey you insane, lying pos, you just started out with insults yourself. Why do you not recognize how stupid that was of you given your complaint? You rube.
Now go back and read all the content in my posts. It's there.
Who are you? When did I respond to any of your posts?
just saying

Reynoldsburg, OH

#38 Jun 12, 2012
Gump wrote:
<quoted text>
mitt forgot to do something... or is it tally the ho?
KKKafeteria KKKristains

Souderton, PA

#39 Jun 12, 2012
Gump wrote:
<quoted text>
You're even dumber than most Tea Baggers.
Gump

Enterprise, AL

#40 Jun 12, 2012
KKKafeteria KKKristains wrote:
<quoted text>
You're even dumber than most Tea Baggers.
Smart enough to not mix up my screen names.

Use as many names as you want, post whatever comes to mind. I don't care about either. The ONLY reason I respond to any of your posts is to see just how easy it is to get your frothing at the mouth.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Auburn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Aug 29 JohnJ 215
Lyman Ward Military Academy Kicks Off Major Enr... (Jan '09) Aug 21 Weaksauce 292
Northerners -vs- Southerners (Apr '07) Aug 12 cuntry bob 171
Debate: Abortion Debate - Auburn, AL (Feb '12) Aug 4 Curmudgeon 10
Lee County Sheriff Office prejudiced? (Feb '14) Aug 2 dhrama 4
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jul '14 Give Him a Brain 84
Review: Ecological Pool Systems Jul '14 Deana Mann 1
•••
•••
•••

Auburn Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Auburn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••