TonyDisnotintell igent

New York, NY

#62 May 28, 2012
so what

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#63 May 28, 2012
lol wrote:
I am kind of shocked you didnt know of them, they do a decent amount of business. From what I can tell, they treat their customers well also. And no, I am not a salesman, thats why I said from what I can tell.
The guy that does Nye's commercials is from Rome.
Pissing in the Wind

Rome, NY

#64 May 28, 2012
suggestion wrote:
Go to your common council meetings if this really upsets you,all of you have your thoughts but nothing gets done onthis website.Com e out in the public no one reads this or cares unless you are heard.All are valid points but the people who make these rules go as if all is well SPEAK UP we are in a democracy so they say.Hold people on their words and hear what their reasons are for the permits and all that.Or nothingwil be fair.
You would get more done bitching about it on Topix than to go to the council. The issue was brought up to them, and no one objected before so what good do you think its gong to do after the fact. The city is making money on it so why would they object?
Jeannette

AOL

#65 May 28, 2012
Did anyone complain when they sold furniture under the big tent in that same parking lot?
Pissing in the Wind

Rome, NY

#66 May 28, 2012
Jeannette wrote:
Did anyone complain when they sold furniture under the big tent in that same parking lot?
NO! They just want to bitch when someone don't get something for nothing.
Joe Sal 12

Oneida, NY

#67 May 29, 2012
GET over it people! It's NOT that big of deal! The city -county-state made money on any car sold! If davidsins don't like it ...toooooo bad! They sold USED cars! Davidsons sells NEW cars!It AMERICA, it's called FREE ENTERPRISE! They came to Rome, got the proper permit & paid the permit FEE!
comical

Fredericksburg, VA

#68 May 29, 2012
Wackin-Z-Weasel wrote:
<quoted text>I think you are misinformed.Davidsons didn`t send anyone overseas,they hired more local people,and spent a ton of money right here.The next time you see a GM comercial on TV take a look at the building.They are exactly like Davidsons in Rome.Thats because the factory wants all their places to look alike.Its either you as a owner conform or out you go,so they had no choice in the matter.If you look at the Utica GM store its under construction to look the same also.For some reason you are making statements about things with no knowledge.Rome has a fair amount of very well established new and used car dealers,thats sell quality new and used cars at fair prices.Please get your facts right before you make statements about Romes new and used car dealers,please make sense.These hard working tax paying dealers of Rome got screwed,thats a fact.
your funny ...hard working and car dealers in the same sentence lol they are the bottom feeders of the world right next to lawyers insurance companies and cops I ...and personally I love when I see davidson squirm
Wackin-Z-Weasel

Watertown, NY

#69 May 29, 2012
comical wrote:
<quoted text>your funny ...hard working and car dealers in the same sentence lol they are the bottom feeders of the world right next to lawyers insurance companies and cops I ...and personally I love when I see davidson squirm
Its in regards to all the hard working people of the car business in Rome.Your mommy or daddy must have given you a car because you couldn`t make through the deal.Where would people get cars from?This post is about the negitive inpact of a sale like this on the local car business,that includes repair shops parts stores ,banks,insurance,gas stations,and NEW & USED car dealers.
Roman

Dover, DE

#70 May 29, 2012
GET OVER IT! If it bothers you THAT much, go buy a car from Davidsons!
Wackin-Z-Weasel

Watertown, NY

#71 May 29, 2012
Former Car broker wrote:
<quoted text>
No there is two invoices. Apparently you do not know the car business, or you go into a dealer and think you are getting a good deal when he knocks 2,000 off a car. There is one they put on the window and one the dealer has that tells him how much he paid for the car. Dealer's invoices are not on line as you may think, and yes I have seen close to 9,000 mark up on certain cars. You really think you got any control on what price you pay. Now who is the one too close to the exhaust? I use my skill to buy cars for personal use, and to sell. It people like you who think the way you do that makes my day. Try it sometimes. Ask a dealer to show you their invoice. They will tell you they can't. That is BS, they just don't want you knowing because they know you would walk out.
Pal are you mistaken,you shouldn`t be talking about things which you have no knowledge.
Roman

Dover, DE

#72 May 29, 2012
so tell us car invoice expert, what is the truth.....
Rome citizen

New York, NY

#73 May 29, 2012
Wackin-Z-Weasel wrote:
<quoted text>Its in regards to all the hard working people of the car business in Rome.Your mommy or daddy must have given you a car because you couldn`t make through the deal.Where would people get cars from?This post is about the negitive inpact of a sale like this on the local car business,that includes repair shops parts stores ,banks,insurance,gas stations,and NEW & USED car dealers.
You know what this town is buddy buddy insider and there are no jobs as it is. I could care less about anyone making a living around here. people need cars and get held hostage by dealers, prices and credit rating bs I hope everyone goes out of business because i cant even get a job. If I cant do it or have no one elsr should F1ck rome
Pissing in the Wind

Rome, NY

#74 May 29, 2012
Wackin-Z-Weasel wrote:
<quoted text>Pal are you mistaken,you shouldn`t be talking about things which you have no knowledge.
You need to re-read the person's post. Apparently he has more knowledge than you do. Go back to wacking your weasel...
huh

United States

#75 May 29, 2012
Veritas wrote:
<quoted text> you guys are hypocrites. Nobody says anything when a local bank holds a used car sale in violation of the code every year for the past 6-7 years in a residential district, but everyone criticizes the current administration for trying to be consistent. to do otherwise , opens up the city to liability. Maybe before you criticize, you should get all facts and perspectives.
What bank did that? The key to this whole thing is LOCAL. Rome is its own worst enemy. Who was selling the cars? I saw the parking lot full this weekend. There has got to be a moratorium enacted on new buildings being built. Is the Rome Humane Society really going to put up a new building at the location of that sign? Really? Not like they are ever going to get a million dollars like the sign says.
Why was the drive in not finished by Memorial Day? Can't blame the weather. They could have worked almost all winter. Poor planning. Maybe it'll be done by Thanksgiving. Awful, just awful.
Hey

New York, NY

#76 May 29, 2012
Someone I know recently bought a car from the tops lot LMAO hahaha rome go F yurselves suckers
Wackin-Z-Weasel

Watertown, NY

#77 May 29, 2012
Rome citizen wrote:
<quoted text>You know what this town is buddy buddy insider and there are no jobs as it is. I could care less about anyone making a living around here. people need cars and get held hostage by dealers, prices and credit rating bs I hope everyone goes out of business because i cant even get a job. If I cant do it or have no one elsr should F1ck rome
Bitter little boy,get a grip on it. suck it up
Wackin-Z-Weasel

Watertown, NY

#78 May 29, 2012
Joe Sal 12 wrote:
GET over it people! It's NOT that big of deal! The city -county-state made money on any car sold! If davidsins don't like it ...toooooo bad! They sold USED cars! Davidsons sells NEW cars!It AMERICA, it's called FREE ENTERPRISE! They came to Rome, got the proper permit & paid the permit FEE!
We have to protect Rome business,this didn`t show me good judgement.Why did New Hardford give the boot so fast?All the critics on here spewning bad comments why its OK to have done this its was plain old poor judgement.This is why Rome never lands on its feet.
Wackin-Z-Weasel

Watertown, NY

#79 May 29, 2012
Roman wrote:
so tell us car invoice expert, what is the truth.....
If you can find another site on your computer, you could see ivoices,get someone to help you.
Poor Nutty Jimbo

Chittenango, NY

#80 May 29, 2012
Jeannette wrote:
and who's buying gold & silver out of the motel this week?
girl next door

Rome, NY

#81 May 29, 2012
I am sure that tent set up is very temperary. I would not want to buy from a circus traveling car dealership anyway! People have to use common sense when it comes to purchasing, extended warranty's, ect. My first response to seeing that was "LMAO Are you serious?" There are some things you just dont purchase out of a tent. Are they offering some astronomical deals? Where are these cars from?

I actually purchased my car out of Oneida County but still had to pay Oneida county taxes, however, I had a better purchase price than I would have received from a local dealership. Ppl will go where they get a better deal, however, I am not so sure that a traveling car dealership is a good idea. My first thing would be.. warranty coverage. I get better service where I bought my car than a local shop. Where I bought my car offered a loaner car.. local dealership wanted nothing to do with my extended warranty.(Dodge)

I understand common sense is a gift, but come on now.. is it worth waisting your breath on a temerary dealership in the area??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Au Sable Forks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biggest badasses in Rome 20 min dont understand 96
Carlton fancher 20 min james 7
stephanie perry (Mar '13) 1 hr TRUE INSIDE FRIEND 8
ledgens sports bar 4 hr Really 13
Who is Jeff and Beth mundell anyone know 4 hr Jus wonder 1
Anyone know Kevin Shelanskey 4 hr Honesty 4
Jarrott 4 hr Jus wonder 1
•••
•••
•••