Ohio.com - Hartville mayor puts polic...

Ohio.com - Hartville mayor puts police chief on paid leave

There are 18 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Sep 19, 2007, titled Ohio.com - Hartville mayor puts police chief on paid leave. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

HARTVILLE: The Hartville police chief, who has led the village department for 22 years, has not been told why Mayor Beverly Green placed him on paid administrative leave last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

utown girl

Mansfield, OH

#1 Sep 20, 2007
Hartville used to be a peaceful, quaint village where everyone wanted to live or visit. Now it's become the laughing stock of the area because of this ridiculous power struggle between Mayor Green and the police chief. If there's any news about Hartville in the papers, you can bet it's another embarrassing story about these two adults who act like 8-yr. olds fighting over the same toy.

Since: Sep 07

Dacula, GA

#2 Sep 20, 2007
perhaps its felt the police chief doesnt "follow" will definitly be interesting to hear.
when does one get put on leave without being told why?

Dacula, GA

#3 Sep 20, 2007
shes worried about a dodge durango,personally i feel the use of suvs by police should not be whether it be a durango , expedition and so on. the winter wheather may be permiisable though. they are indeed gas hogs and use that air there goes the gas. i of course love suvs but if i choose to pay the outrageous gas price then my own money is paying for it. perhaps he felt he was saving the taxpayers some money.
bebop

Dayton, OH

#4 Sep 20, 2007
she should go back in the kitchen where she belongs and leave police work to men who can do the job.

Louisville, KY

#5 Sep 20, 2007
maybe its just another example of a power being abused.
LocalGovWatch

Nashville, TN

#6 Sep 20, 2007
This is what can happen when a charter or some other document does not clearly spell out the structure and chain of command. As these two go back and forth, it is the citizens and taxpayers of Hartville that loses. If the mayor feels there are problems in the police department and there needs to be a change, she needs to convince the council to make that change. If she cannot do that, then she needs to let the chief do his job.
Stories like this at Local Government Watch. http://localgovwatch.blogspot.com/search...
CRB

Rexburg, ID

#7 Sep 21, 2007
This has all the earmarks of a cat fight. Your Mayor needs to take a pill. Micromanaging a department and the Chief like that are creating the problem, not solving it. Who would work for a Mayor like that except for a butt kissing toady? Who else would take a job at 45K a year to be badgered by some uptight, controlling Mayor? Let him do his job, give him the tools to be successful and do what he knows best - catch crooks. I would hope the City Council is intelligent enough to understand who really is creating the problems.

Zebulon, GA

#8 Sep 21, 2007
any more news on this
EXCUSEME

Salem, OH

#9 Sep 21, 2007
WHY IS THERE NO STORY IN THE ABJ ABOUT THE FIRE CHIEF OF NORTON .... WHERE DID HE GO? DID WE FORGET TO TELL THAT STORY.....INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW...
Use your vote Hartville

Lorain, OH

#10 Sep 21, 2007
This is yet another witch hunt that the Mayor has going on against the chief. He has a designator with his title called CLEE. It is the equivilant of a PHD in law enforcement. He is 1 of very few chiefs in Ohio that have it. Basically he is a very educated man dealing with a very vindictive and irrational mayor. She has wanted to get rid of him since taking office. One fact that is missing here.....She has had him investigated 3 times.....the result each time is nothing was found to be true....Yet he is on administrative leave. She has done the same to the manager of the sewer plant...Filed charges...nothing found. The problem is that in each case, these men had to pay legal fees of approximately $4000.00 each time. Who paid the mayor's.....the taxpayers. Sad but true that she has cost the village thousands of dollars in legal fees and untold heartache to many of the village employees.
I hope the village voters remember this and her cronies like Steve Reisch when it comes time to vote. We need to get them out of the leadership in Hartville.
turk182

Chicago, IL

#12 Sep 24, 2007
jimmy flew
somebody knew
norton ..... boo hoo hoo
Rusty Brown

Providence, RI

#13 Sep 27, 2007
H-Ville rules!

None of this would have happened if they would have just left the go-kart track there, and made it mandatory for every citizen to join a bowling league at the old Hartville Lanes.

Instead, McMansions and self-perceived wealth have taken over, giving small people the thought that they have power over the powerless. It's a tough world out there-- Outside of H-Ville, I mean...

What a shame...
notron

Salem, OH

#14 Oct 2, 2007
EXCUSEME wrote:
WHY IS THERE NO STORY IN THE ABJ ABOUT THE FIRE CHIEF OF NORTON .... WHERE DID HE GO? DID WE FORGET TO TELL THAT STORY.....INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW...
Bev AJack Stide -- they know
The truth

Louisville, KY

#15 Nov 4, 2007
Is it because he is a Thief?
Mamie

United States

#16 Jan 14, 2008
It certainly is because he is a thief!!

Are you more comfortable now with our knife totin' police chief?
or is he back on the job because he might have kind of black mailed someone in the administration??
Hartville man

United States

#17 Apr 2, 2008
Mamie wrote:
It certainly is because he is a thief!!
Are you more comfortable now with our knife totin' police chief?
or is he back on the job because he might have kind of black mailed someone in the administration??
Sounds like you are a disgruntled cop from hartville.
Pissed Off in Hartville

Massillon, OH

#18 Jul 15, 2008
It has been 6 months since Mayor Green has been out of office and the current Mayor of Hartville has not done anything to help the residents nor the village employees. He did reappoint Chief Dragovich over the Police Department! What a joke! With all the past events that have happened with him, why won't anyone do anything about this man? He is suppose to be above the Police Department and look out for his officers when the man can't even put out a current work schedule for his officers! He continues to be a disappointed to the Village and to his officers. From what I hear and witness, sometimes there is only one officer on duty and this is unacceptable not only for the safety of the officer but to the village.
William Green

United States

#19 Jul 22, 2008
its funny how people talk so much about Bev Green.. shes a really good person if you would ever give her a chance.. she sticks up for people when they are getting beat down.. and shes a great mother to me.. so i dont understand.. if you dont no a person then how can you judge.. by what others say?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atwater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Stefani Schaefer (Oct '09) May 19 pamw 61
Faith Hope Love May 1 Mark Rosenkranz 1
Election Who do you support for County Auditor in Ohio (... (Oct '10) Mar '17 Randy Miller 7
News Deadly Accident in Portage County; Man Leaves D... (Aug '09) Mar '17 serafini 79
Shirley Vance from Coalton Ohio (Oct '16) Oct '16 Slowlicker 4 you 2
People who lie and cheat (Jan '15) Sep '16 Not so lucky 3
33-13 (Feb '16) Feb '16 Mark Rosenkranz 1

Atwater Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atwater Mortgages