Caballero eyes Senate seat

Caballero eyes Senate seat

There are 12 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Sep 24, 2009, titled Caballero eyes Senate seat. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

After winning two terms in the Assembly, former Salinas Mayor Anna Caballero wants to shift her Sacramento job site to the Legislature's upper house.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

gopher

Salinas, CA

#1 Sep 24, 2009
Great. More incompetence rising to the top.
Average Joe

Sunnyvale, CA

#2 Sep 24, 2009
I'd vote for her if someone can only tell me what she's done to earn that spot. She was mayor just before I left for college and when I came back for my parents. The only thing I've seen change is how much more violent the city has gotten. Someone was found dead next to Alvarez High. Minutes away from my niece's house and Caballero's. Has anyone called her out on why nothing is being done to help curb the violence?
wes

AOL

#3 Sep 24, 2009
she will probably be elected by the same idiot's that have kept her in office thus far. the picture of the american flag with the story about her in the californian today was sickening. the flag color's she's true too is red, white and GREEN! alas, no matter whether her son is in prison as a convicted gang member/felon or the worst mayor in the history of this barrio and has a personal agenda for fame and fortune, her 'homie's' care not. if she herself went to prison, they would still vote for her because she's a mexican and for no other sane reason--
Joaquin

Salinas, CA

#4 Sep 24, 2009
To the 3 losers who made the above comments, ha ha ha, Anna Caballero ha more integrity and intelligence than all 3 of you losers.You racist punks, always anonoymous.
Black Power

Salinas, CA

#5 Sep 24, 2009
With a name like Gopher, you sir are an idiot. Probably just another teabagger
gopher wrote:
Great. More incompetence rising to the top.
WHAT HAPPENED

United States

#6 Sep 24, 2009
9/24/2009 8:33:09 AM THE FOLLOWING IS TAKEN FROM DOROTHY/SALINAS ON POSTING TO TOPIX ON THE MONTEREY HERALD: However, in one way you have to give credit where credit is due. Caballero has progressed from less than mediocre and ineffective lawyer to worthless City Council member to publicity seeking ineffective Mayor to a completely worthless representative in Sacramento. Where was she during the latest State budget crisis? Where was she when State employees were laid off? Did you see her giving back her fat state paycheck? Or her remuneration for all her legislative "perks" like a fancy State paid for car? She is the precise reason why no one has any respect for the State legislature. And now she wants to advance further? Pleeeeze, give me a break!
Nick

Salinas, CA

#7 Sep 24, 2009
Jeff Denham is one of the responsible leaders who has tried to keep CA State spending under control. What has Anna done? He has been a thron in the side of tax and wasteful spenders. We need to keep him.
Average Joe

Roanoke, TX

#8 Sep 24, 2009
Salinas has turned into a paradise in the last decade or so. It's safe to walk the streets. We can leave our doors open at night. No one is mugging the push cart vendors. East Las Casitas is a great developmental community. There are more jobs than people who can fill them. The community is united. Yes, I was wrong. I have seen the error of my ways. Thank you, Joaquin and Black Power for opening my eyes to the glory that is Anna "Mayor" Caballero. Send her up to the Senate where she can be with the blessed people who have made this wonderful state such an affordable place to life. Where companies are breaking down the doors to come here because of the wonderful incentives. Meanwhile, I'll be cruising Acosta Plaza for retirement property to invest in.
Legislator feedback

Soledad, CA

#9 Sep 25, 2009
Questions/concerns regarding California issues:

Responses from Denham's office -Always (email & phone)-- even when we disagree on a bill/issue.

Responses from Caballero's office -Never, ever, ever.
(hello--hello---is anybody there???)

Sorry Anna, you and your staff blew it.
I'm giving my vote to someone who cares about their constituents.
CPRA

Salinas, CA

#10 Sep 27, 2009
Anna Caballero is one of the worst in California. She wasn't making it as a lawyer so someone found her a nice $100,000 a year job running Partners for Peace whose total revenue per year was about $300,000 per year. Caballero sucked out 1/3 of the revenue to pay herself. Add that to her Salinas compensation and "other" revenue.

She did such a horrible job raising her son he ended up robbing a Verizon Wireless store at gunpoint and got 5 years in prison. Some may argue the child of politicians are not their problem but did YOU read the probation report and read what kind of house that kid now young adult in prison grew up within?

Of course the probation report was hard to get a hold of and the media didn't bother reading it, copying it and writing about it and the courts "lost" it for a while. Unless he reoffends the probation report by law is no longer a public record. It is a public record for 90 days post sentencing then that is all. But who knew where is was unless you were persistent.

That report tells a very telling story that the media was uninterested in telling. How little politicians care about their children.

Since when did Caballero start caring about water in the Valley? Oh since she found out it was the key issue.

Its true, Sen. Denham not the best, but his office was responsive to questions. Caballero's office does not have that reputation. She is more of a let them eat cake politician.
gopher

Salinas, CA

#11 Oct 1, 2009
Dear Black Power and Joaquin,
Before you speak about things like intelligence and idiots, you first might want to learn proper grammar.
Sincerely,
Gopher
--pot--kettle

Pacific Grove, CA

#12 Oct 1, 2009
Joaquin wrote:
To the 3 losers who made the above comments, ha ha ha, Anna Caballero ha more integrity and intelligence than all 3 of you losers.You racist punks, always anonoymous.
Joaquin - I notice that you also are anonymous.
Why the "racist punk" remark? Is that really necessary?(hopefully we are more mature than that)
Please elaborate on Ms. Caballero's integrity in performing her duties as our "elected" Assembly person. What legislative items has she championed for her constituents?
Sorry, but I cant find anything that she has done to earn her salary. Perhaps you can enlighten us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atwater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
first step to recovery (Aug '16) Mon Daddy-Bubbaluba 15
love you... (Apr '15) Jul 10 Steven Inconjucti... 157
Kelley H (May '14) Jul 3 w0l25T209 2
News Mom of dead teen chooses forgiveness over anger (Mar '07) Jul 2 Joe paioni 7
Differential Jul 1 Embraced An Idea 2
Terri Wissert/Prieto May '17 Fallnangel 1
need help Feb '17 CLAUDIA 1

Atwater Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atwater Mortgages