Boy arrested for killing 2 Chihuahuas...

Boy arrested for killing 2 Chihuahuas, hurting 3rd

There are 47 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Jun 28, 2010, titled Boy arrested for killing 2 Chihuahuas, hurting 3rd. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

San Joaquin Valley investigators say a 12-year-old boy killed two of his foster father's Chihuahua's and injured a third dog.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ex Liberal

United States

#1 Jun 28, 2010
Where can I sign up to help and assist a poor forgotten foster child who only needs a loving parental figure to turn his life around ? Yeah right!

Who's his parents? Here lawfully? Abandoned? If he's from Mechiko, bus him home!

“AccountKiller”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#2 Jun 29, 2010
Chihuahua's are pretty annoying.
GRANDPA NICOLAI

Chico, CA

#3 Jun 29, 2010
.>
>
NUTS!!!
Vern

AOL

#4 Jun 29, 2010
I love animals but hate those yippy, snappy little poor excuse for a dog.
Did he use a mouse trap?
nick

Spring Hill, TN

#5 Jun 30, 2010
umm his mom is a good parent and she loves animals too and he as anger problems but his needs help
nick

Spring Hill, TN

#6 Jun 30, 2010
chihuahuas r annoying but gave no rights to kill them
Kristen

Algonquin, IL

#7 Jun 30, 2010
This really makes me sick. I think he needs to be institutionalized and have a psychiatric evaluation. Killing animals first.. next its going to be a human. Murderer in training. Lock him up.
Ishi

Bakersfield, CA

#8 Jun 30, 2010
Poor kid didn't get his Taco Bell fix and went off the deep end!
Jinx

United States

#9 Jun 30, 2010
You people are sick!!! Mentally!!! This follows on the heels of another warped mind who doused an animal with lighter fluid and set in on fire. The poor creature has died, thank God, and the 17 year old punk is facing felony animal abuse charges.

I, for one, most definitely have e-mailed the D.A. to push for the fullest extent of the law to be handed down to this punk.

If you warped, excuses of humanity have nothing to contribute to the health and well being of an innocent creature, take your sorry asses off of this forum. The only thing you are good for is breathing up valuable air. And space!!!
WOW

San Jose, CA

#10 Jun 30, 2010
Jinx wrote:
You people are sick!!! Mentally!!! This follows on the heels of another warped mind who doused an animal with lighter fluid and set in on fire. The poor creature has died, thank God, and the 17 year old punk is facing felony animal abuse charges.
I, for one, most definitely have e-mailed the D.A. to push for the fullest extent of the law to be handed down to this punk.
If you warped, excuses of humanity have nothing to contribute to the health and well being of an innocent creature, take your sorry asses off of this forum. The only thing you are good for is breathing up valuable air. And space!!!
Listen idiot, if you took the time to actually read the headline -you know the one that says "Boy" in the title - you would realize that this kid is 12 and not 17! I do believe there is a big difference in mentality!

Go ahead and bother the D.A. with your nonsense - good luck on getting that felony conviction on a 12 year old!!!!

Next time, read the friggen article!
Jinx

United States

#11 Jun 30, 2010
Didn't say I was going after the 12 year old...just the 17 year old. For now.

First animals, next, humans...suppose this 12 year old might next dust' his step-dad for disciplining him?

The mentality of some people in Butte Co. never ceases to amaze me.
Jinx

United States

#12 Jun 30, 2010
By the way, next time, READ MY POST!!! Think you can comprehend???

Since: Jun 10

United States

#13 Jun 30, 2010
nick wrote:
umm his mom is a good parent and she loves animals too and he as anger problems but his needs help
So sad. Did CPS come in to remove the child.....he probably could use some intensive therapy for his anger issues. There must have been "red flags" the foster-parents seen and ignored. So the Foster Family Agency and CPS should con-currently put together therapy etc. for this pre-teen instead of just "saving a few bucks". If there are other children in home they could be at risk from his abusive outbursts and should be protected. All children placed in Foster-Care have a sort of Bill of Rights.....I wonder if some things were ignored this youth may have asked for in a service plan for foster-youth. Rest in Peace poor Chihuahuas !!

Since: Jun 10

United States

#14 Jun 30, 2010
nick wrote:
umm his mom is a good parent and she loves animals too and he as anger problems but his needs help
Yes, obviously this 12 year-old needs help. The person responsible to have gotten him that help ( before it escalated to killings etc) is his mom and foster-dad and CPS who oversees foster-youth as does the foster-care system or agency. Geez.....quit dropping the ball on these children (yes children) who you place into these homes and then abandoned and don't do the follow up to see how they are doing.

“AccountKiller”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#16 Jun 30, 2010
Kristen wrote:
This really makes me sick. I think he needs to be institutionalized and have a psychiatric evaluation. Killing animals first.. next its going to be a human. Murderer in training. Lock him up.
You're right, in a way....Killing animals is one thing...they are innocent, after all, because they have no sense of "right" or "wrong"....However, killing humans is an entirely different matter (that could be debated as nauseam)....
WOW

San Jose, CA

#17 Jul 1, 2010
Jinx wrote:
By the way, next time, READ MY POST!!! Think you can comprehend???
I DID read your post idiot! Your talking about the case of a 17 year old that has NOTHING to do with the discussion all of us are having about a 12 year old! Two entirely different situations!
WOW

San Jose, CA

#18 Jul 1, 2010
Jinx wrote:
Didn't say I was going after the 12 year old...just the 17 year old. For now.
First animals, next, humans...suppose this 12 year old might next dust' his step-dad for disciplining him?
The mentality of some people in Butte Co. never ceases to amaze me.
And tell me again why your talking about a 17 year old when this thread is about a 12 year old?

If you had any type common sense, you would realize that I was mocking you in that statement regarding the felony conviction of a 12 year old boy!

“I don't really hate you”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#19 Jul 1, 2010
4thGenChico wrote:
Chihuahua's are pretty annoying.
this is true, but if a 12 year old is comfortable killing little dogs, he is already a sociopath. I believe Jeffrey Dalmer started out with puppies and kittens. This kid....if he isnt completely evil, is close to it

“I don't really hate you”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#20 Jul 1, 2010
bethevoice wrote:
<quoted text>
So sad. Did CPS come in to remove the child.....he probably could use some intensive therapy for his anger issues. There must have been "red flags" the foster-parents seen and ignored. So the Foster Family Agency and CPS should con-currently put together therapy etc. for this pre-teen instead of just "saving a few bucks". If there are other children in home they could be at risk from his abusive outbursts and should be protected. All children placed in Foster-Care have a sort of Bill of Rights.....I wonder if some things were ignored this youth may have asked for in a service plan for foster-youth. Rest in Peace poor Chihuahuas !!
there is no hope for this child. We will be reading about other horror stories years from now. The most we can hope for is that he finds God and has a true change from within. Therapy will only make him worse
Jinx

United States

#21 Jul 1, 2010
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
And tell me again why your talking about a 17 year old when this thread is about a 12 year old?
If you had any type common sense, you would realize that I was mocking you in that statement regarding the felony conviction of a 12 year old boy!
I referenced the 17 yr old in with the 12 year old because just 2 days before the incident with the puppies, the 17 yr old had been arrested and charged with felony animal abuse for dousing an animal with lighter fluid and setting it on fire back in April.

Both incidents happened in my home town and has most everyone upset and angry because it didn't seem, at first, that PD was going to do anything. The DA may not now because the 17 yr old is a juvenile.

I certainly realize these are 2 seperate incidents, totally different circumstances but, they both need to be addressed in this thread because it is becoming a pattern with youngsters abusing animals and that is not a good sign.

We are not, or at least I'm not, addressing a single incident of a little boy killing 2 innocent animals...I am referring to the overall mentality of so many of our youth these days.

So many serial killers started out abusing, torturing and killing innocent animals and it makes me wonder, very nervously, what type of generation are my grandkids growing up in. What can we do to stop the madness now? How many of these incidents are going undetected or unreported now?

I apologize if I came across as an 'idiot'. I read the posts on this thread AFTER I had read the article, forum and responses in my home town newspaper...I was angry at the insensitive remarks being made here about the puppies. Granted, Chihuahuas can be very nerve-wracking and I, personally, would not own one but, these little ones were the innocent victims of a 12 yr olds confused and twisted mind and deserve some compassion.

At least the 12 yr old took his anger out on the puppies...children younger than him have been known to kill their own parents and innocent bystanders just because they were being disciplined or were told they couldn't do something.

All I'm asking is to have some compassion for the animals who did not deserve to die and, pray this child gets the mental help he so desperately needs before the violence escalates.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atwater Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dear Tonnisha Carlson Aug 9 Father 3
"Not the Stan" Aug 1 Psssssst 2
Gangs Jul 27 Brown BMW 2
10 Top Dance Clubs and Bars Jul 27 Drink at Beer Bar 1
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Nov '07) Jul 26 Kathy Owens 239
first step to recovery (Aug '16) Jul 24 Daddy-Bubbaluba 15
Terri Wissert/Prieto May '17 Fallnangel 1

Atwater Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atwater Mortgages