MADD is glad for officers

Full story: WNYT Albany

This Tuesday, at Devens Common Center in Devens, MA, MADD Massachusetts will honor over 30 Massachusetts State Troopers, over 45 local police officers, five assistant district attorneys and 10 local police departments for commitment to enforcing drunk driving laws and keeping roads safe at their 6th annual Drive for Life law enforcement recognition ...
Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated May 16, 2010
John

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

Judged:

MADD gets another D
The American Institute of Philanthropy ( www.charitywatch.org ) just gave MADD a ''D'' rating. They consider salaries, money spent on programs and actual costs to obtain donations. They don't fall for the ruse that a telemarketer is dissemenating information when in fact they are soliciting funds, which is another MADD trick. A worthy organization, The National Council on Alcoholism & Drug Dependence received a B+.
John

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

Judged:

What happens when the thought control groups reach their goal that it's not drunk drivers but all drinking drivers that are the scum of the earth? It used to be "Don't let friends drive drunk." Now it's "You drink, You drive, You lose." What does that mean? Is it illegal to drive after drinking? If you have a beer and get behind the wheel are you, in MADD's words, the same as a "drive-by shooter?" Say it on TV for 25 years and, the public subliminally gets the message. "It must be true, why would they lie?"
John

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

When an intoxicated Wisconsin Attorney General Peg Lautenschlager drove her state car into a ditch, she also did quite a number on MADD. Fund-raising has dried up for MADD Wisconsin. Many supporters have quit giving because of the group's namby-pamby statement declining to call for the first-term attorney general to resign. "We probably will break $20 in May," said Kari Kinnard, head of MADD Wisconsin, noting that her group was advised by lawyers that officially calling for Lautenschlager's resignation would threaten MADD's tax-exempt status. Kinnard's summary of the AG's email explaining the incident: "I fell asleep at the wheel, yada, yada, yada, and, by the way, I was cited for OWI."---JS Online (abridged).
John

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

Judged:

"Antoinette Wilda,[MADD chapter founder] is accused of pocketing more than $47,000 in fees paid by drunken drivers who were ordered by the courts to attend a [MADD] program at which relatives of DUI victims talk about how their lives have been affected...about 100 people a month have been ordered by the Will County courts to attend the panels."---Chicago Tribune, 9/12/03 (That's 1200 referrals per year in only one county, times $20=$24,000 to spend on lobbying to further increase the arrest rate.)
John

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

2007 Official Gov't Statistics:
www-nrd.nhtsa.dot.gov/Pubs/810985.PDF Of the 12,998 deaths involving a drunk driver, 10,792 deaths were the drunk driver or his passenger.
2,206 were in other vehicles or pedestrians,
implying that they were all blameless victims. 2,206 is 5% of all traffic fatalities. If any of the 2,206 were impaired is not recorded and who was at-fault is never discussed.
Get your facts straight about the actual number of fatalities.
DAMM

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2010

D.A.M.M. Drunks Agaisnt Mad Mothers - we are sick & tired of being your whipping boys. Let us live & drink & be merry.
concerned parent

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Im i reading that you want to stop educating people about the dangers of Driving while intox?
MilitiaMaster

Somerville, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

concerned parent wrote:
Im i reading that you want to stop educating people about the dangers of Driving while intox?
I love 'concerned parents' always code for busybodies. What is there left to say on the topic? its stupid, its illegal and it can kill you - if you don't know that by now, its a foregone conclusion that its going to happen and cannot be prevented by having a bunch of crying harpies demanding money for programs that aren't effective.
Roma

Hinsdale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Why doesn't MADD go after the real dangerous people who are driving!!! Those who are texting!! Oh but that would include our beloved soccer Mom's. Can't do that!! We must stay P.C. after all Nancy Pelosi is our Queen.
Concerned Parent

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2010

To Milita:

Ok I get the point (i think) so than whats your plan? give us something !!!!
Army Husband

Hinsdale, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2010

Thats great maybe they can teach Trooper Gagne to stay away from Amry wives while their husbands are deployed. The guy is a disgrace to the Massachusetts State Police. He is a predator.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Attleboro Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Aug 16 Kundrot dionkie 1,163
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Aug 2 Kundrot dionkie 4,699
Lykus denied bail (Jun '06) Jul 25 youngestone 29
Do you approve of Christopher L. Sweet as Selec... Apr '14 Tina Oliver 1
Safe Stolen In Super Bowl Ring Heist Found (Apr '09) Apr '14 leslie NH 7
Carol Karafotis first-time candidate for Dartmo... Apr '14 Steve Russell 1
VIDEO: Deer Freed From Fence Mar '14 Sally Brown 9

Search the Attleboro Forum:
•••
•••
Attleboro Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••