Air quality at Attica Schools

Apr 2, 2009 Read more: WLFI Lafayette
Concerns surfaced after a published report indicated toxic air conditions at the High School and elementary school.A The allegations stemmed from a report in USA Today.A The report stated the elementary and high school buildings in Attica rank among the highest in the nation for poor outside air quality.A According to the report, Harrison Steel was ... Read more
Attica Wake Up

Avon, IN

#1 Apr 5, 2009
While also living in the immediate area all of my life and now looking at both my father and father inlaw suffering from COPD and silicosis from working at Harrison Steel Castings.I realize that there are issues directly related with that facility,but when most if not all the schoolboard members,the mayor and students have friends or family employed there and don't want to feel the sting of the current economic crisis amplified by forcing them to clean up their act!Harrison Steel has a stranglehold on this little town!
Scared for our children

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Apr 5, 2009
It,s time for the school board to resign and Dr. Bush to move on. They don't care about our children or the community they live in, its all about being the big person in the community. I hope that Mitch Daniels will step in and do something and not go on the reports that an employee of Harrison Steel has sent them.
man from the grave

Lafayette, IN

#3 Apr 6, 2009
The air around Attica is great HS is not to blame come on people Its just in everyones head...All those people that has died from Black Lung in the past was do to smoking...At Least thats what the Mayor and HS reports!
the view from the tower

Pittsboro, IN

#4 Jun 11, 2014
I know its 2014 and that this is an old topic I hope people still read these things,I left Attica in the late 1980's the entire time I lived there I suffered from symptoms of chronic bronchitis I can see that HS is not the only offender as I'd read the article on what is now the former residence known as RMC.
I remember as a pre-teen and teenager looking at the snow in the winter and noticing soot on top of the snow that had fallen the night before on many occasions.
I had only been away from Attica for less than 2 years before I noticed that what I thought was bronchitis was likely just the years of breathing the air there.
I smoke like a freight train yet I rarely get a cold or symptoms such as I had back then,my advice is if you live in Attica get out!
I'm not sure what clout the family of human trash that goes by the name of Harrison still has with the satanist in Washington D.C. but that is how they had been getting away with poisoning the health of the citizens of that town for as long as they have been.
I would also question the Attica school system,once known as the Attica consolidated school corporation,I can tell you they were purposefully under educating children of harrison steel employees and lower income children as well and I would suspect their still doing this.
And don't hold your breath for a political savior there are none.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Attica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Indiana cougar sightings to become common (Jul '08) Apr 16 steve 86
Interested in buying land Mar 25 PJL 1
snitch Mar '15 meme 1
Crowbar Murder (Feb '14) Feb '15 harper 19
Whats up with the massage parlor? Jan '15 reman 2
Where is this town? Dec '14 sleuth 4
Large Yard Sale - Inside and Out (Aug '14) Aug '14 Becky 1

Flood Warning for Fountain County was issued at April 20 at 10:21PM EDT

More from around the web

Attica People Search