Indiana cougar sightings to become common

Full story: WLFI Lafayette

Urban dwellers in Indiana can expect to see more cougars, according to a Purdue expert.
Comments
121 - 127 of 127 Comments Last updated Jul 13, 2014
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
A realistic resident

Michigantown, IN

#122 Feb 27, 2013
You should have seen all the cougars at the Neon Cactus last weekend...
Kiwi

Saint Anne, IL

#123 Mar 17, 2013
A realistic resident wrote:
You should have seen all the cougars at the Neon Cactus last weekend...
lmfao an the only cougars you will see in indiana. Cougars in indiana lmfao lmfao lmfao might see a few camels also toes lmfao.
Ummmm

Saint Anne, IL

#124 Mar 17, 2013
Christina Garcia wrote:
I was driving from dropping my husband off at South Bend airport one night and I was sad he was going to be leaving me for 2 weeks in california so I was getting back onto the highway balling my eyes out. Im not sure exactly what highway it was but it was a curved road to get on. As I took the curve slowly I saw a big cat to the right of the road where there was alot of bushes and darkness... It was in front of me about to walk into the brush and as I approached it, it crouched down (like a cat would do if he were about to pounce) and turned back towards the road and stared at me luke he was waiting for me to pass so he could jump on my car! Needless to say I slammed my foot on the gas scared as hell and started crying even more harder and screamed all the way onto the highway. I laugh about it now but I swear it was either a cougar or mountain lion of some sort.
. Mountain lion lmfao now that is the best lo
ann

Muncie, IN

#125 Mar 18, 2013
My daughter in law was driving home from work on thursday night here in Muncie and she saw a cougar by the side of the road about two blocks from their house, we have one out here in Selma that has been reported that has been seen by at least 10 people but DNR says that there are no cougars here, yet people keep seeing them, the sherriff even had deer meat brought out here trying to catch it because they saw the prints in the mud in the field across the street from us, there is a good size woods back there and thats where it went , the neighbors have seen it and heard it, so why do they keep telling everyone that there are no cougars in Indiana,
Kevin

Indianapolis, IN

#126 Mar 21, 2013
Why is this so hard to believe to some? Animals migrate and spread just as us humans do. Is it really that hard to believe that these animals that live normally in other parts of the country are migrating, or being placed in areas? This is all quite interesting, fascinating, and easy to believe. It's not as if they are cold blooded lizards that can't handle our climate changes.
dlp

Edinburgh, IN

#127 Jul 12, 2014
How many mountain lion/cougar sightings in brown county? Anyone know? I live just outside of nashville town limits and thursday evening my grandaughter called me and her mother to the wiindow to see what kind of animal she was looking at..... it was definitely a mountain lion. I have no doubt about that at all..... was as tall as my labrador, but longer and a tail as long as its body sitting under a tree at the edge of our mowed area grooming..... scarey but amazing.
Ann

Muncie, IN

#128 Jul 13, 2014
The one we saw here in Selma was beautiful , tan colored and very graceful we watched it walk across our field and go into the woods at the end of the fence line , its bad though cause when you tell people you have seen one without a picture you can't prove it,Five of us watched it from our front porch but when my son first saw it it was laying by the ditch in the little trees just laying there, we never even knew it was here before that,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Attica Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) 9 hr JOE NASTY 95
Large Yard Sale - Inside and Out Aug 6 Becky 1
Debate: Marijuana - West Lafayette, IN (Jan '12) Jul '14 common sense 3
Man who threatened to blow up courthouse pleads... Jul '14 N8 the Grrr8 2
Fourteen police officers receive recognition fo... (Apr '08) Jul '14 Ordinary Person 18
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) Jun '14 Go Blue Forever 1,302
Indiana cougar sightings to become common (Jul '08) Jun '14 hjh 86
•••
•••
•••

Attica Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Attica People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••