Father of Tipton Fire Survivors says ...

Father of Tipton Fire Survivors says "God showed them the way."

There are 24 comments on the WREG story from Sep 29, 2010, titled Father of Tipton Fire Survivors says "God showed them the way.". In it, WREG reports that:

Brandon Byrd was paralyzed in an accident years ago, he's got added anguish to losing his wife and friends.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WREG.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Alex

United States

#2 Sep 29, 2010
He's in my 3rd period class. I hope he feels better.
BKL

Memphis, TN

#3 Sep 29, 2010
Reader.....You're one cold hearted person.

I would like to contribute money by check or thru a fund set up at a bank, in father's name. Father could see that sons got what they need and feel like he's contributing. Hopefully you can post an address or more information on ways we can help. I pray God will lay His loving healing hand upon them and they will seek Him. Love to whole family.
larry pounders

Apo, AE

#4 Sep 29, 2010
' GOD showed them the way '.... why didn't God show them how to put fire detectors in their home ?
larry pounders

Apo, AE

#5 Sep 29, 2010
....God showed them the way " ....why didn't God show them how to install fire detectors in their home ?!!!
Dorothy

Memphis, TN

#6 Sep 29, 2010
I am more than happy to donate. I pray for strength for this family. What a terrible loss.
Dorothy

Memphis, TN

#7 Sep 29, 2010
larry pounders wrote:
' GOD showed them the way '.... why didn't God show them how to put fire detectors in their home ?
Wow, you couldn't wait to be the first idiot to post?
CaB

United States

#8 Sep 29, 2010
larry pounders wrote:
....God showed them the way " ....why didn't God show them how to install fire detectors in their home ?!!!
Larry Pounders you are heartless! You should be ashamed of your post! I pray nothing happens to you or your family!
the prophet

Covington, TN

#9 Sep 29, 2010
all in all doesn't see god has been to kind to them
dorothy dodo

Covington, TN

#10 Sep 29, 2010
looks more like your were
Dorothy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dorothy

Memphis, TN

#11 Sep 29, 2010
It is amazing how people love to show how stupid they are as it relates to this post. The two children helplessly witnessed their mother and sisters die in a burning home. Can we show a little respect for the sake of the children involved. I would hate for the 12 year old to read the heartless comment about God and the fire detector posted by Larry Pounders.
Cab

United States

#12 Sep 29, 2010
OK, the post says nothing about no smoke detectors! So, why are people assuming they didn't have any? People still die in house fires with smoke detectors. So, unless you are the fire investigator and know what your talking about, keep your ignorant comments to yourself.
Melba Wooten

Memphis, TN

#13 Sep 29, 2010
What a tragic story which is made even worse by learning that the boy's Father is paralyzed. My heart is deeply burdened for these two boys and their family too. I pray that some type counseling will be offered to these children. May God send his Mercy and Grace to comfort them ^J^
TheInFamOusElGua po

Covington, TN

#14 Sep 29, 2010
Dorothy wrote:
<quoted text>
He's just trying to interfere with Darwin. Pay him no mind. If people want to live in a home with small children with no working smoke detectors, that's their own business, ain't that right?
Voice of Reason

Covington, TN

#16 Sep 30, 2010
This story gets only more heart breaking. The reason the father feels helpless in this situation is because he was recently hit with more devastation. This poor paralyzed man was recently told that his home care benefits would be cut off by the TennCare program. This man absolutely has to have a caregiver at all times as he is paralyzed from the neck down and is completely bedridden. He was told TennCare would no longer pay for an in home nurse to assist him with his daily needs. So I pray that the public comes to the material needs of this family and I know God will help them spiritually through this darkness. Please stop the nasty pettiness and comments as this does nothing but cause more grief to an already emotionally devastating situation.
doughesson

Memphis, TN

#18 Sep 30, 2010
larry pounders wrote:
Maybe I missed it,but where did it say that there weren't any smoke detectors in the home?
Believe it or not,the alert made by smoke detectors don't have much effect in waking people up from REM(rapid eye movement) level sleep aka "dreamworld".
When you are that deep in sleep,your body acts to prevent you from moving around and maybe hurting yourself or,as a throwback to when humans were not the dominant species on the planet,so you won't draw attention to yourself from the things that hunted at night and get eaten.
Smoke detectors need to be made louder in order to wake people up from deep sleep.
doughesson

Memphis, TN

#19 Sep 30, 2010
I agree.I wouldn't wish having to watch family members die in any manner on my worst enemy,much less a child.
You have to be able to find humor in odd ways to make it in emergency services but some people outside of it just think it is callousness.
What some peole have been posting qualifies as callousness,to me.
Dorothy wrote:
It is amazing how people love to show how stupid they are as it relates to this post. The two children helplessly witnessed their mother and sisters die in a burning home. Can we show a little respect for the sake of the children involved. I would hate for the 12 year old to read the heartless comment about God and the fire detector posted by Larry Pounders.
nanny38053

Arlington, TN

#20 Sep 30, 2010
larry pounders wrote:
To make a statement like that, you obviously don't know anything about GOD!!!!!
TheInFamOusElGua po

Covington, TN

#21 Sep 30, 2010
doughesson wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe I missed it,but where did it say that there weren't any smoke detectors in the home?
Believe it or not,the alert made by smoke detectors don't have much effect in waking people up from REM(rapid eye movement) level sleep aka "dreamworld".
When you are that deep in sleep,your body acts to prevent you from moving around and maybe hurting yourself or,as a throwback to when humans were not the dominant species on the planet,so you won't draw attention to yourself from the things that hunted at night and get eaten.
Smoke detectors need to be made louder in order to wake people up from deep sleep.
Well there you go.

Everybody in the house was totally synched up in REM sleep. May as well tell the smoke detector companies to hang it up, nobody needs their product anymore since it don't work anyhow.

I've been replacing batteries and testing them for years, but now, I can devote more time to important things.
anonymous

Ripley, TN

#22 Sep 30, 2010
MY heart goes out to all involved in this tragic incident. There are so many people that played a role in trying to save these people and we dont think them enough. I will continue to pray for the victims the family as well as those involved. I also think this brave, brave young boy should get some recognition for pulling his brother to safety. I will continue to pray for the family.
Debra Samoura

Southaven, MS

#23 Oct 1, 2010
I seen the news report and it touch my heart. My church family was blessed after Hurricane Katrina, by strangers that showed God's love. I called Pastor Kevin Hart of Little Providence Baptist Church in Picayune, MS, and asked if they could send a donation. He asked that I get the information on the children. The love of God blessed us by strangers and we would like to pass it on to Devon and Andon. The church Secretary is Deborah Nelson and you can send the information to her of where donations can be sent to her email at [email protected]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atoka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gallaway Police Station Sat Jay B 1
People that cheat Jul 16 Cheaters hurt 1
pat brown Jul 9 Dennis 14
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Tennessee ... (Oct '10) Jun '15 Pete 301
In Search of Rental Apr '15 sandman62 1
News Signs of the times: Characteristic religious si... (May '06) Nov '14 Happy girl 22
News City Votes In New Mayor After 41 Years (Nov '10) Oct '14 FromAtoka 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atoka Mortgages