16 Arrested in Tipton County Meth Bust

There are 10 comments on the WPTY story from May 26, 2010, titled 16 Arrested in Tipton County Meth Bust. In it, WPTY reports that:

The Tipton County Sheriff's Office made 16 arrests on methamphetamine charges yesterday .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPTY.

Tipton Co born and raised

United States

#4 Jun 1, 2010
Well I know that is what is happening. It is election time. I have heard from a bondsman friend that some of those meth bust were not for meth but weed. She bailed the people out. They want to sue t-county cause the ones that weren't aressted for meth are being accused of it with no proof.
Wayne

United States

#5 Jun 2, 2010
Just get that woman who loves to hear herself talk off the TV. Find her something to do besides running to the phone to call the news.
thats right

Germantown, TN

#6 Jun 2, 2010
Tipton Co born and raised wrote:
Well I know that is what is happening. It is election time. I have heard from a bondsman friend that some of those meth bust were not for meth but weed. She bailed the people out. They want to sue t-county cause the ones that weren't aressted for meth are being accused of it with no proof.
Wouldnt be the first time someone was charged with no evidence. Its all about the money. Even when the cases get dismissed for lack of evidence do you think the people get there bond money back. Nope never. Just one of those meth charges is a 5000 bond. So the officer wants to get as many charges as possible. Evidence or not even if it gets tossed T-county has there money. The officers should be held accountable for the false charges and accusations.
Brad

Covington, TN

#7 Jun 6, 2010
It is election time, but Sheriff dosen't need votes. No one is running against him! HELLO! If you do the crime, do the time!!!
Tipton Co born and raised

United States

#8 Jun 6, 2010
The charge for weed and the charge for meth are much diffrent. People shouldn't be called a meth head for smokin weed. Only thing a pot head ever killed was a bag of chips.
meself

Germantown, TN

#9 Jun 6, 2010
Brad wrote:
It is election time, but Sheriff dosen't need votes. No one is running against him! HELLO! If you do the crime, do the time!!!
Hello....I agree.... But again what about the b/s charges that get thrown out of court for lack of evidence. Still out your bond and lawyer money. All because you may have p-oed the cop and he decides he wants to teach you a lesson. What if you dont do the crime do you still have to be out $3000 to prove you didnt?
Sicktodeath of ignorance

United States

#10 Jun 7, 2010
All criminals like to yell innocent. But to get busted you must be doing something wrong or hanging with the wrong people. So quit whining about how innocent you are and take your punishment. Maybe next time you will leave those types alone. I don't hang with the wrong crowd and I never have had a problem with the police.
Sore Mom

United States

#12 Jun 8, 2010
I moved to Tipton county years ago before i ever had kids to make sure my kids would live in a safe place away from crime. However i find tipton County has no place for kids . There is nothing for them to do.The sheriff dept does not seem to have their prorities in order. They tend to go after parents that try to keep their kids out of trouble with 4 wheelers and tickets instead of the dope dealers. Its all about the money not trying to help the kids
Brad

Covington, TN

#14 Jun 19, 2010
I think the Sheriff's Office of Tipton Co. is one of the best around! I promise the S.O. has better things to do than go around looking for kids riding four-wheelers. The only reason the S.O. would bother anyone on a four-wheeler is if there was a complaint, and if thats the case....... they are doing what the citizens are asking. Not trying to stir the pot at all, just trying to let you know that the Deputies are not just trying to keep your kids from having fun. Deputies have kids to, and are in the same boat.
TrUtH

United States

#15 Jan 20, 2013
"Rumor" is that they(TCSD)have been arresting people in tipton county on trumped up meth charges just to "seize" their homes, Land, Vehicals, and other valuable personal assets, just to keep for themselves. sounds to me like TCSD is just a Deputized gang manipulating The Justice System with no reguard whatsoever for peoples Constitutional Rights, and doing it for their own personal gain, while railroading the people they are robbing to a jail cell. and Ive heard this on SEVERAL occassions, about Several Different inccidents. it has also been said That a certain Investigator who also works with the DEA was busted trashing pharmacy records and video because they contained incriminating evidence against his girlfriend buying psuedo pills, and when it was discovered they were Living in a home they just "seized" from a person they had just sent to prison, the real bad part was that the Investigator STILL works for TCSD, and this matter was swept under the rug. Just what kind of operation do ya'll have going on down there in T.County anyway? Sounds like they need to be investigated by TBI or the Federal DA Im NOT sayig that there is ANY truth to ANY of his. But what I AM saying is that there sure are ALLOT of these stories coming out of T.County about the Sheriffs Dept. for there not to be SOMETHING to it. and The story reguarding the Investigator, IS pretty in depth an detailed to be COMPLETLY False. Yall might wanna tidy things up a bit in youre operation. and if that is going on, Shame, Shame, Shame on everyone of you.......dont shoot the messenger, just passing along what is ALREADY out there on the streets and making its way to outside counties .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atoka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Tennessee ... (Oct '10) Sat interesting 298
Debate: Marijuana - Arlington, TN (Aug '10) Fri Joaquin james 21
gallaway cops (Jun '11) Apr 23 Call 911 27
The Pig Man bridge in shelby forest Apr 16 Joe Mama 2
Get Rid Of Timbes (Apr '14) Apr 10 Just Saying 16
Brewer trial Apr 8 Slasher 1
Robert and Wendy ellis fight against cancer Apr 8 Country7740 2
More from around the web

Atoka People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]