Review: Mcalister's
Fish

Millington, TN

#1 Nov 17, 2012
I love this place. I went in last night and there was a lil country girl name Taylor. She got me refills and talk to me and my family and made sure we were all good! I've liked this place before but that lil girl was the cherry on top.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2 Nov 22, 2012
My family and some of our friends used to LOVE McAlister's especially when we lived in other states. Unfortunately, we have had to stop supporting the chain since we ate in Millington and simply could not tolerate the awful Christian music they were playing. We expect the businesses we support to be more diverse and their display of excessive religiosity was not only unprofessional and uncomfortable, but also tacky and impossible to sit through (it is truly terrible music -- derivative and uncreative, with disturbingly cult-based lyrics). Playing Christian rock/pop is to most people just as bad as playing death metal. Most American's when polled want a separation of business and religion -- we don't go to restaurants to be preached at, we go there to eat in a quiet secular atmosphere. It's also a terrible business decision as Americans who identify as having no religious affiliation have increased to 30+ percent and are expected to continue to grow before overtaking those who identify as "Christian" a little after the year 2025.

Location hidden

#4 Nov 25, 2012
Again, you're just not getting it. It is not necessary play Christian music in your franchise ANY DAY including Sunday. I am moving out of the Memphis are soon and this is one of the many reasons why. The religiosity of the area makes the Nazi ideology tame in comparison. I mean look at yourselves, you have one of the most regressive tax rates in the nation that puts the burden on the poor and middle class while giving the wealthy a huge tax haven; your state has one of the highest social stratification rates in the country; your larger businesses are moving to cities like Charlotte because businesses are attracted to an educated base and well-developed infrastructure, but since you don't have a state income tax your higher education is up to three times more expensive than other northern states; you have no social net in the form of health care cards for the poor/part-time workers with no insurance; you steal from the more wealthy northern states who pay more in federal taxes that than go to Tennessee because of how irresponsible and foolish your right wing Republican controlled state is; your insurance rates are twice what any other states' are; the cost of living in general is MUCH higher than much of the north and yet your jobs are shitty warehouse jobs that pay half of what northern wages are, and YET all you idiots do is talk about GOD and JESUS! Get this crap out of your damn heads and grow the hell up! Your state is freaking awful because you are all lobotomized hypocrites! Your state represents what our founding father's warned us about in their letters that were extremely and rightfully critical of religion. Seriously! ENOUGH! Memphis and its surrounding area is listed as the third worst place in America according to Forbes! STOP THE EXTREMIST CHRISTIAN BULLSHIT! IT IS DESTROYING YOUR STATE AND THE SOUTH IN GENERAL! ENOUGH!
Fish

Millington, TN

#5 Nov 27, 2012
The south takes pride in our faith and we have a right to it!!!!

Location hidden

#6 Nov 27, 2012
Tell me "Fish." Does the south take pride in the fact that they drain more federal dollars than blue states to balance its budget since you have all been lobotomized from religion and can't govern your state well? Do southerners take pride in their poverty, lack of access to healthcare and tax system that favors the wealthy and makes the poor pay more of a percentage of their income towards insane sales taxes? Cause I'm sure Jesus wouldn't be too proud of those things. Sounds to me like you're just another poor, misguided jackass who thinks shoving your "faith" down others' throats makes up for having to have the knowledge and curiosity that improves the lives of others. The Millington McAlister's sucks by the way.
Fish

Millington, TN

#7 Nov 30, 2012
When it comes to government matters I have no say in the matter. I am not someone who throws my religion at people. But the majority of the population In and around that area are Christan and enjoy the music while they eat. I am not a jackass. I understand that not everyone likes the music. But you can't please everyone. I am a southerner and I do understand that McAlister's is a bussiness not a place of worship but it's just music it wont kill you. McAlister's has been playing that music for a long while. It's like a tradition one that has not been spoiled by people who hate religious matters. When I say we take pride in our faith I mean that we take pride in it because it's one of the few things we have that can't be taken away. We already have a seperation between church and state people are trying to take in god we trust off the dollar bill and take out one nation under god in the pledge Im just sick of people trying to trample one of the things this country was built on the freedom to celibrate our religion in whatever way we choose. And everyone's trying to take it away. Well to the people who come into McAlister's on Sunday and hear that music and enjoy it, it's like saying that this is one tradition we hold dear to us. That's all I mean. I understand the issue not everyone's happy with the music it might make some people uneasy but McAlister's plays the music to show pride and show that they have faith in the people who have faith themselves.
Fish

Millington, TN

#8 Nov 30, 2012
So miss taylor why do you not like McAlister's? And what party are you I'd like to know? Demicrat or republican? Who did you vote for?
gross

Drummonds, TN

#9 Dec 14, 2012
It's nasty 🔫

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atoka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot Moms of Arlington (Dec '15) Wed Fartttttt 20
E&C tree firm Aug 12 Exposure 1
Don James sold his soul to Billy Phillips WHY? (Oct '10) Aug 8 Gallaway resident 21
Thefts Aug 5 Anon 4
Good chance for Gallaway (Nov '16) Aug 1 Just sayin 14
wayner perry Jul 20 guest 1
Gold at Gallaway Pits Jul 19 yupp 3

Atoka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atoka Mortgages