Lawyers, families say 5 girls strip-s...

Lawyers, families say 5 girls strip-searched at school

There are 2 comments on the Des Moines Register story from Sep 7, 2009, titled Lawyers, families say 5 girls strip-searched at school. In it, Des Moines Register reports that:

School officials in Atlantic forced five teenage girls to take off their clothing for a search after a classmate reported $100 missing from her purse, according to the girls' families and two lawyers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Des Moines Register.

southwestgurl

Marshalltown, IA

#1 Sep 8, 2009
ok so I know one of these girls and her famiy and I hope they sue the school for everything they have and I hope all the staff involved lose there jobs and are no longer able to be involved with schools
Consequence72

Lincoln, NE

#2 Jan 1, 2010
With out parents present they arent allowed to search a minor and even a Dr. has to have a nurse in the room! The whole town of Atlantic needs reviewed by the state. All the crooked people here there is no telling what has been covered up!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlantic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
serious date Apr '17 Alice 1
Walnut Fudge (Nov '16) Nov '16 Miles Standish 1
New narc in town (Sep '14) Sep '14 Hoover Niebold 1
does anyone know of (Aug '14) Aug '14 Just wondering 1
glbt people in rural ia? (Sep '11) Aug '14 ajk 3
News Iowa coach's certificate revoked; he's accused ... (May '13) May '13 Concerned parent 1
ky gate haulers (Jun '12) Apr '13 emery mcdonald 2

Atlantic Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atlantic Mortgages