Wiconsin man arrested in traffic stop...

Wiconsin man arrested in traffic stop that nets $134,000

There are 29 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 16, 2010, titled Wiconsin man arrested in traffic stop that nets $134,000. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

A traffic stop on Interstate 80 in western Iowa has netted over $100,000 in cash and led to a money laundering charge against a Wisconsin man.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Imagine

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Sep 16, 2010
Heading right into Chicago I bet.
R Peltier

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Sep 16, 2010
That car either has a REALLY large dash board or he was carrying very large bills
Wondering

Prior Lake, MN

#4 Sep 16, 2010
Maybe it was his life savings he was carrying around because he didn't trust a bank or the stock market to lose it for him.
dum dums

Cook, MN

#5 Sep 16, 2010
what led to the search of the vehicle? nice pointless article with zero, "0" information..
dum dums

Cook, MN

#6 Sep 16, 2010
R Peltier wrote:
That car either has a REALLY large dash board or he was carrying very large bills
never seen a stack of high society have you? you could put this amount of cash in your pants pockets.

Since: Sep 08

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Sep 16, 2010
now its against the law to carry cash?

Since: Jun 08

Mazeppa, MN

#8 Sep 16, 2010
oxboro wrote:
now its against the law to carry cash?
No, but it is Illegal to carry around cash that is obtained illegally or fake.
Annie

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Sep 16, 2010
Mike the Vike wrote:
<quoted text>
Crack reporting, Mike.
OliveAnn

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Sep 16, 2010
Mike the Vike wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a cop determine whether the cash was illegal or not as part of a traffic stop?
Matlock

Colorado Springs, CO

#11 Sep 16, 2010
OliveAnn wrote:
<quoted text>
How does a cop determine whether the cash was illegal or not as part of a traffic stop?
Drugs, baby, drugs! When drugs are found in a car, just about everything in the car,up to and including the car can be subject to confiscation.
Andy

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Sep 16, 2010
Wonder why the police searched the car's dash? Must be something else to the story. If the guy was speeding, you would think he would be handed a ticket and would be back on his way.

“Ahhhh hee ahw”

Since: Aug 09

Twin Cities

#13 Sep 16, 2010
Sounds like Highway robbery to me.

Since: Jan 09

United States of America

#14 Sep 16, 2010
OliveAnn wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't, but if you were a cop and found 134,000 on the perp, would you want to check it out?
heh

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Sep 16, 2010
This guy is going to get it now. Both from the law AND the would-be recipient of dat cash!!! Yikes
JamieinMN

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Sep 16, 2010
Mike the Vike wrote:
<quoted text>
But where does it say he obtained it illegally? He only had a small amount of drugs on him...

United States of America

#17 Sep 16, 2010
If you drive by posters had bothered to read the story, it might have been explained.
JamieinMN

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Sep 16, 2010
The Golf Guy wrote:
If you drive by posters had bothered to read the story, it might have been explained.
Um I read the entire thing. Lots of cash, small amount of drugs. AGAIN, where doe sit say he obtained the cash ILLEGALLY????

United States of America

#19 Sep 16, 2010
JamieinMN wrote:
<quoted text>
Um I read the entire thing. Lots of cash, small amount of drugs. AGAIN, where doe sit say he obtained the cash ILLEGALLY????
I know this is way out there, but is it possible he had just sold the majority of the drugs, hence the large amount of cash?

United States of America

#20 Sep 16, 2010
They appear to have evidence of money laundering, I wouldn't be so quick to stick up for this person.
JamieinMN

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Sep 16, 2010
It's possible...but it's also NOT possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlantic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New narc in town (Sep '14) Sep '14 Hoover Niebold 1
does anyone know of (Aug '14) Aug '14 Just wondering 1
glbt people in rural ia? (Sep '11) Aug '14 ajk 3
News Iowa coach's certificate revoked; he's accused ... (May '13) May '13 Concerned parent 1
ky gate haulers (Jun '12) Apr '13 emery mcdonald 2
Ruhr (Oct '12) Oct '12 Need help please 1
Cheaters never win (Apr '12) Jun '12 get real 2

Atlantic Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atlantic Mortgages