What They're Scared Of: Mitt's Existe...

What They're Scared Of: Mitt's Existential Rhetoric Resonates With Iowans

There are 2 comments on the Talking Points Memo story from Jan 2, 2012, titled What They're Scared Of: Mitt's Existential Rhetoric Resonates With Iowans. In it, Talking Points Memo reports that:

As he's pivoted back to a campaign focused almost entirely on President Obama, Mitt Romney has raised the alarm: 2012, he says, is about nothing less than the very "soul of America." Iowans I talked to at two of Romney's campaign stops Sunday were in full agreement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Talking Points Memo.

Since: Oct 07

Bean Town.

#1 Jan 8, 2012
Sick to death of right wingers "Existential Rhetoric". There is no battle for the "soul of America". It is pure rhetoric. Trying to turn what were once civil policy disagreements into a fictional battle between and among Americans is the crassest form of politics. Only the dimmest of wits are swayed by such idiocy. The sad fact is that half of us are below average in intelligence. They listen to that kind of crap and it validates their sense of inadequacy and makes 'em mad enough to vote for most anybody who seems as angry and stupid as they are..
Ladies Man

Council Bluffs, IA

#2 Jan 17, 2012
Yeah right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlantic Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New narc in town (Sep '14) Sep '14 Hoover Niebold 1
does anyone know of (Aug '14) Aug '14 Just wondering 1
glbt people in rural ia? (Sep '11) Aug '14 ajk 3
News Iowa coach's certificate revoked; he's accused ... (May '13) May '13 Concerned parent 1
ky gate haulers (Jun '12) Apr '13 emery mcdonald 2
Ruhr (Oct '12) Oct '12 Need help please 1
Cheaters never win (Apr '12) Jun '12 get real 2

Atlantic Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atlantic Mortgages