Defying Evacuation Order, Some in Far...

Defying Evacuation Order, Some in Far Rockaway Vow to Ride Out the Storm

There are 3 comments on the WNYC-AM New York story from Aug 27, 2011, titled Defying Evacuation Order, Some in Far Rockaway Vow to Ride Out the Storm. In it, WNYC-AM New York reports that:

Troy Pratt and his 6 year old son say they will ride out the storm at this public housing development in Far Rockaway Queens where mandatory evacuation orders have been given.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNYC-AM New York.

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Aug 28, 2011
when will mta services be restored to far rockaway and am I the only person who is dissatisfied over storm coverage in this area?

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Aug 28, 2011
Before the storm there were news reporters everywhere in far rockaway and now that the storm has passed it is impossible to get any updates regarding far rockaway. I am in brooklyn and have watched the news all day to find any information.....NOTHING. Far Rockaway matters to.

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Oct 29, 2012
I for one am very dissatisfied. I live in far rockaway left for evacuation in hopes that there would be some kind of information I could access in regards to damage floods ect. It seems to me that no one really cares about the rockaways or the residents.
Concerned American

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlantic Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
history of west hempstead (Feb '09) 24 min v1ol1nman 44
Review: Ben Art Realty Corp (Jul '08) Oct 2 Sara James 57
George Gollin fined $5,000 for violating Illino... Oct 1 Monica Buttix 1
News Nearly 100 Arrested In Massive Gang Crackdown i... (Apr '10) Sep 29 Respected Gentleman 22
News Trendy puggles lose their appeal all too soon - (Oct '07) Sep 26 Puggles are VERY ... 118
Explore and Share Songs and Dances from the Jew... Sep 25 Adelphi University 1
News Atlantic Beach man who twice drove high on hero... May '15 Anonymous 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atlantic Beach Mortgages