Indiana woman drowns off Neptune Beach

Indiana woman drowns off Neptune Beach

There are 155 comments on the The Beaches Leader story from Aug 22, 2008, titled Indiana woman drowns off Neptune Beach. In it, The Beaches Leader reports that:

Tropical Storm Fay claimed its first drowning victim Thursday afternoon, when a 21-year-old Indiana woman was knocked unconscious while wading in heavy surf off Neptune Beach.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Beaches Leader.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“...dRivInG mE cRaZy...”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville

#144 Sep 4, 2008
icwjohn wrote:
<quoted text>hey numbnuts! you should read some of the other one's we comment on!
isn't that the truth!!! hahaha.. i actually thought this one was the nice one!

“the doctor is in the house”

Since: May 08

jacksonville florida

#145 Sep 4, 2008
Crossing Enemy Lines wrote:
<quoted text>
isn't that the truth!!! hahaha.. i actually thought this one was the nice one!
me too!

“...dRivInG mE cRaZy...”

Jacksonville

#146 Sep 4, 2008
icwjohn wrote:
<quoted text>me too!
I just think that people are too darn sensative nowadays!! Get tougher skin!! hahaha...

jacksonville florida

#147 Sep 4, 2008
Crossing Enemy Lines wrote:
<quoted text>
I just think that people are too darn sensative nowadays!! Get tougher skin!! hahaha...
they are! can't say this and can't say that! bunch of babies!! but "everyone" can say whatever they want about the white race!

“Nuff Said!”

Branford, Fl

#148 Sep 4, 2008
tired of it wrote:
<quoted text>
actually, i've just had more important things to do. and there's really nothing more to say. there's no getting people like you to show any respect or decency. It makes it even more amusing that even after I hadn't said something for awhile you still have to bring me up. Again, shows you have nothing better to do.
Attention "tired of it" and any other stupid ass Indiana residents that may be considering a swim on our lovely Beaches. Hurricane Hanna will soon be in the area creating strong currents and huge pounding waves. So send all of your unwanted relatives down now and Hanna will properly dispose of them for you. This has been a Public Service Message provided by yours truly Joe Durt.

jacksonville florida

#152 Sep 4, 2008
Joe Durt wrote:
<quoted text> Attention "tired of it" and any other stupid ass Indiana residents that may be considering a swim on our lovely Beaches. Hurricane Hanna will soon be in the area creating strong currents and huge pounding waves. So send all of your unwanted relatives down now and Hanna will properly dispose of them for you. This has been a Public Service Message provided by yours truly Joe Durt.
oh shit! do you realize how many unwanted relatives there are in indiana? 95 will be backed up for 200 miles!
friend from portage

Valparaiso, IN

#153 Sep 4, 2008
Joe Durt wrote:
<quoted text> Attention "tired of it" and any other stupid ass Indiana residents that may be considering a swim on our lovely Beaches. Hurricane Hanna will soon be in the area creating strong currents and huge pounding waves. So send all of your unwanted relatives down now and Hanna will properly dispose of them for you. This has been a Public Service Message provided by yours truly Joe Durt.
first off, people don't need to have tougher skin... other people need to just have some morals and decency... which none of you obviously have. and if you didn't read before... i have family who have been in florida (particularly jacksonville) for some time now. I also have family on the east and west coast near water. I myself have been in the ocean and lived near one... including my immediate family.

and where did race come into this from someone else's comment? are you all white or something? if you didn't realize, rachel was white so you might not want to bring race into it since considering all the crap you are talking about her, you can stereo type all white people like that.

“3 words changed my life ”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#154 Sep 4, 2008
friend from portage wrote:
<quoted text>
first off, people don't need to have tougher skin... other people need to just have some morals and decency... which none of you obviously have. and if you didn't read before... i have family who have been in florida (particularly jacksonville) for some time now. I also have family on the east and west coast near water. I myself have been in the ocean and lived near one... including my immediate family.
and where did race come into this from someone else's comment? are you all white or something? if you didn't realize, rachel was white so you might not want to bring race into it since considering all the crap you are talking about her, you can stereo type all white people like that.
since you know about the ocean, would you have went swimming in those conditions?
friend from portage

Valparaiso, IN

#155 Sep 4, 2008
scott1 wrote:
<quoted text>since you know about the ocean, would you have went swimming in those conditions?
no i wouldn't have. and even if they weren't bad conditions, i wouldn't have anyway b/c i don't care for swimming. either way, that doesn't mean that people should talk about her the way they are because of what she chose to do.

“Beer Good”

Since: Apr 08

Jacksonville, FL

#156 Sep 4, 2008
<quoted text>
no i wouldn't have. and even if they weren't bad conditions, i wouldn't have anyway b/c i don't care for swimming. either way, that doesn't mean that people should talk about her the way they are because of what she chose to do.
You don't have to swim in the ocean, you can just wade. When there is a tropical storm in the area it just isn't very bright to go out no matter what. A bit of common sense would have saved her life. I am sorry for your loss.

“I love Panties”

Jacksonville

#157 Sep 5, 2008
<quoted text>
that doesn't mean that people should talk about her the way they are because of what she chose to do.
She did something very stupid so people are simply stating how stupid she was. If she had any sense at all she would not have gone swimming in the ocean during a tropical storm. Most don't care that she was so stupid and now she is dead but she put others at risk by doing what she did. Thankfully only she died and not someone trying to save her sorry ass.

“...dRivInG mE cRaZy...”

Jacksonville

#158 Sep 5, 2008
<quoted text>
Well, since your fam lives here, even they would tell you that it was a dumbass move to go into the ocean during a storm that was causing rip tides and swelling surf... poor judgment has even worse consequences... and if it ofends you that people state an obvious statement or their opinion on here, you do need tougher skin..

As for the race commment... if you read the post correctly, no one was saying anything about race on this topix, but that on other ones, people start the race card and then get offended when it replies come back to them...
Ocelot

Jacksonville, FL

#159 Sep 5, 2008
Just another daredevil. You take personal risk, you accept personal loss.

“I love Panties”

Jacksonville

#160 Sep 5, 2008
icwjohn wrote:
<quoted text>oh shit! do you realize how many unwanted relatives there are in indiana? 95 will be backed up for 200 miles!
Oh come on now, give them some credit, they cant all be as ignorant as the swimmer. They surely must know that I75 is a better way to come to Jacksonville rather than I95. God news is there are other storms out there in case they miss Hanna there will be more opportunity to enjoy the surf.

“3 words changed my life ”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#161 Sep 5, 2008
Ocelot wrote:
Just another daredevil. You take personal risk, you accept personal loss.
you mean a dead-devil!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlantic Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why do blacks think white people owe them (Nov '07) Fri Dam 856
David Hyles (Mar '09) Apr 18 dlgrifzard 20
News Top Stories - Family Says Flea Market Merchants... (Aug '07) Apr 16 Bmhekav 32
Hogar Crea Center Apr 15 CitizenKane 2
Walgreens Mar '18 SorryAssFolks 1
Adam Silva (Oct '13) Dec '17 I know 7
unsolved murder! (Mar '13) Mar '17 Trump supporter 11

Atlantic Beach Jobs

Personal Finance

Atlantic Beach Mortgages