Indiana woman drowns off Neptune Beach

Indiana woman drowns off Neptune Beach

There are 155 comments on the The Beaches Leader story from Aug 22, 2008, titled Indiana woman drowns off Neptune Beach. In it, The Beaches Leader reports that:

Tropical Storm Fay claimed its first drowning victim Thursday afternoon, when a 21-year-old Indiana woman was knocked unconscious while wading in heavy surf off Neptune Beach.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Beaches Leader.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“its a plane, its a plane”

Since: Dec 07

jax for now

#1 Aug 22, 2008
have you seen all the other postings about what such a bright and wonderful person this idiot was.

well she might have been bright when it came to facts and figures but I can be pretty safe in saying she was a complete dickwad when it came to trying to beat mother nature......... seriously which bit of DO NOT ENTER the water did she NOT understand...... and at 21 yrs of age you would have though she would have made some sort of connection to rough seas not safe..........

Mind you I am glad that they are now saying as the headline that she drowned as opposed to her being a victim of Fay, she most certainly was NOT a victim of Fay, she was a victim of her own stupidity and mothing more, nothing less.

I do feel sorry for her family as this could have so EASILY been avoided if she had only heeded some degree of warnings.

“"Try Some" ”

Since: Aug 08

Lawtey, Fl

#2 Aug 22, 2008
But just think about how important she would have felt when she got back home and could brag about playing in the surf in the middle of T.S. Fay.

“3 words changed my life ”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#3 Aug 23, 2008
dumbassicide!
Jay

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Aug 23, 2008
Whatever the case is a life was lost, so all the negative comments should be kept at a minimum we are all entitled to our opinion but lets be mindful that someone has lost a sister a girlfriend and a child, and this could have been anyone even a member of your family I had a chance to meet the two young men and their mom and dad they stayed at the hotel I work at and the story is truly sad, my prayers go out to them this family has to go through a storm much stronger than FAY. We as people need to look beyond what or who was at fault when a life is lost, pay respects and send positive energy.
William

Denver, NC

#5 Aug 23, 2008
scott1 wrote:
dumbassicide!
I know everyone is "totally shocked" that you, Scott1, have made another profound statement about the mistake and misfortune of someone losing their life.
Where are you now with your posts? Closing in on 12,000 "dumbassicide" comments?
p rainwater

Louisville, KY

#6 Aug 23, 2008
William wrote:
<quoted text>
I know everyone is "totally shocked" that you, Scott1, have made another profound statement about the mistake and misfortune of someone losing their life.
Where are you now with your posts? Closing in on 12,000 "dumbassicide" comments?
has there really been almost 12,000 dumbasses?
goldie locks

Jacksonville, FL

#7 Aug 23, 2008
it's a shame someone lost their life - but, use your brain - the ocean is bigger than you!
William

Denver, NC

#8 Aug 23, 2008
p rainwater wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...that's not "exactly" what I said PRain.
I said he, "Scott1" was closing in on "12,000 "dumbassicide" comments.
Just wanted to "frame" it correctly.
friend from portage

Valparaiso, IN

#9 Aug 23, 2008
what on earth wrote:
have you seen all the other postings about what such a bright and wonderful person this idiot was.
well she might have been bright when it came to facts and figures but I can be pretty safe in saying she was a complete dickwad when it came to trying to beat mother nature......... seriously which bit of DO NOT ENTER the water did she NOT understand...... and at 21 yrs of age you would have though she would have made some sort of connection to rough seas not safe..........
Mind you I am glad that they are now saying as the headline that she drowned as opposed to her being a victim of Fay, she most certainly was NOT a victim of Fay, she was a victim of her own stupidity and mothing more, nothing less.
I do feel sorry for her family as this could have so EASILY been avoided if she had only heeded some degree of warnings.
if you don't have anything to say, SHUT YOUR MOUTH! how dare you talk like that about someone who lost her life. yes, common sense would say not to go into the water considering how the weather had been, but God help you if that's how you approach such a tragedy. i think you need help

Location hidden

#10 Aug 23, 2008
friend from portage wrote:
<quoted text>
if you don't have anything to say, SHUT YOUR MOUTH! how dare you talk like that about someone who lost her life. yes, common sense would say not to go into the water considering how the weather had been, but God help you if that's how you approach such a tragedy. i think you need help
ok..once again someone shows up on an OPINION FORUM telling people to keep their OPINIONS to themselves...there was easily 10 foot surf, massiv rip currents, choppy seas between waves, 60 mph winds...it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know to NOT GO IN THE WATER! there were quite a few seasoned surfers who had to be pulled out to safety..and these are people who surf everyday and travel the world surfing..and they couldnt handle it..and her and her two buddies thought that going swimming was going to work out for them? idiots.

Since: Aug 08

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Aug 23, 2008
This is really sad. She used terrible judgment and lost her life. There are surfers who chase storms for a "good surf." I never understood that either. People just don't realize how dangerous and violent the ocean can be, particularly during a storm. Geez.
friend from portage

Valparaiso, IN

#12 Aug 23, 2008
scott1 wrote:
<quoted text>ok..once again someone shows up on an OPINION FORUM telling people to keep their OPINIONS to themselves...there was easily 10 foot surf, massiv rip currents, choppy seas between waves, 60 mph winds...it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know to NOT GO IN THE WATER! there were quite a few seasoned surfers who had to be pulled out to safety..and these are people who surf everyday and travel the world surfing..and they couldnt handle it..and her and her two buddies thought that going swimming was going to work out for them? idiots.
so what? that doesn't mean you have to be heartless and rude to her because SHE made the choice. She passed, she was a great person and regardless of what happened to her because of what she chose to do, nobody should be the cruel to call someone you don't even know an "idiot" or "dikwad". We have lakes here and people come to swim that aren't from the area and even if the weather isn't that bad, things happen and lives are lost. that doesn't mean we go on a blog and talk trash about them because they weren't familiar with the area. people do things and cheat death all the time. go jump out of a plane, strap your legs to a cord and jump off a bridge, ride a motorcycle over a number of cars. whether they die or not gives nobody the right to talk about how dumb they were at that moment. heaven forbid anything ever happen to someone you care about. i'm sure you wouldn't be talking about someone you knew like this.
Atlantic Beach Man

Jacksonville Beach, FL

#13 Aug 23, 2008
Websters
idiot
Main Entry: id·i·ot
Pronunciation:\&#712;i-d &#275;-&#601;t\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French ydiote, from Latin idiota ignorant person, from Greek idi&#333;t&#275;s one in a private station, layman, ignorant person, from idios one's own, private; akin to Latin suus one's own — more at suicide
Date: 14th century
1usually offensive : a person affected with extreme mental retardation
2: a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective

She WAS an idiot.

“Just Add Obama ”

Since: Mar 08

Jacksonville Florida

#14 Aug 23, 2008
Julianna_ wrote:
This is really sad. She used terrible judgment and lost her life. There are surfers who chase storms for a "good surf." I never understood that either. People just don't realize how dangerous and violent the ocean can be, particularly during a storm. Geez.
Surf boards float, swimmers don’t.

Location hidden

#15 Aug 23, 2008
<quoted text>
so what? that doesn't mean you have to be heartless and rude to her because SHE made the choice. She passed, she was a great person and regardless of what happened to her because of what she chose to do, nobody should be the cruel to call someone you don't even know an "idiot" or "dikwad". We have lakes here and people come to swim that aren't from the area and even if the weather isn't that bad, things happen and lives are lost. that doesn't mean we go on a blog and talk trash about them because they weren't familiar with the area. people do things and cheat death all the time. go jump out of a plane, strap your legs to a cord and jump off a bridge, ride a motorcycle over a number of cars. whether they die or not gives nobody the right to talk about how dumb they were at that moment. heaven forbid anything ever happen to someone you care about. i'm sure you wouldn't be talking about someone you knew like this.
i didnt use the word dikwad! someone else must have..i wish i had thought of it first though..and there is a HUUUUGE difference between a lake and a freaking ocean with 10 foot surf being pounded by a 60 mph storm! im sorry....but i dont feel sorry for her! her family? sure..but her? nope....and by all means..if i ever jump into the ocean with 10 foot waves and massive rip currents that will put even the most seasoned swimmer in trouble and i drown...say whatever you wish!

jax for now

#16 Aug 23, 2008
<quoted text>
really you think I need help, well as some one that worked as a lifeguard on a MUCH bigger beach where we had rip tides all the time, to be honest we got fed up to the back teeth of people that could not even put their flucking wet suit on the right way [ie the zip goes at the back] and YET time after time after told not to go in the water this idiots would do so and when shittee got bad would expect us to come out and save them..... whilst I do feel sorry for the family at having to deal with their loss my point was and still is this is NOT a loss due to Fay but a loss due to some flucking tard thinking they knew better than the life guards........and as for the shut my mouth comment...well bite me hun, bite me as fir my family and children they actually know when to resoect mother nature and NOT think they are able to beat it. BUT again I truly am sorry for the famillies loss, but how about a thought the for the life guards that had to pull her and her friends from the sea risking their own lives in the process all becuase some flucking idiot felt THEY knew more than them....

jax for now

#17 Aug 23, 2008
scott1 wrote:
<quoted text>i didnt use the word dikwad! someone else must have..i wish i had thought of it first though..and there is a HUUUUGE difference between a lake and a freaking ocean with 10 foot surf being pounded by a 60 mph storm! im sorry....but i dont feel sorry for her! her family? sure..but her? nope....and by all means..if i ever jump into the ocean with 10 foot waves and massive rip currents that will put even the most seasoned swimmer in trouble and i drown...say whatever you wish!
lol if you are that flucking stupid to do that you can be SURE we will have more than enough to say about that........besides which wont you float real well, my little chubby soul LOL LOL

Location hidden

#18 Aug 24, 2008
what on earth wrote:
<quoted text>
lol if you are that flucking stupid to do that you can be SURE we will have more than enough to say about that........besides which wont you float real well, my little chubby soul LOL LOL
hahaha..i float like a fishing bobber.
What the

Jacksonville, FL

#19 Aug 24, 2008
p rainwater wrote:
<quoted text>
If you count William
What the

Jacksonville, FL

#20 Aug 24, 2008
<quoted text>
Just another yankee sent back feet first due to their own stupidity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlantic Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Over 35,000 White Women are Raped by Blacks ann... (Apr '13) 16 hr 777qqq 207
What happened to Rhonda Webb's court case? (Mar '08) Tue Ronda 3158 2
Dating Black Women In Jacksonville Area Aug 29 Sly Fox 1
News The flip side of years of no hurricanes: Good l... (May '15) Aug 29 Actual Science 4
Single mom moving to Jax.. are there any assist... (Mar '08) Aug 28 fla814 143
unsolved murder! (Mar '13) Jun '16 Carolyn Evans 7
News Documents released in Conch House melee show pa... (Jun '15) Jun '15 2parents 1

Atlantic Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atlantic Beach Mortgages