Police Charge Six Teens With Weekend ...

Police Charge Six Teens With Weekend Crime Spree

There are 38 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Apr 21, 2008, titled Police Charge Six Teens With Weekend Crime Spree. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

Talk Back: Post a comment on this article By Kyle Meenan First Coast News JACKSONVILLE BEACH, FL -- Six juveniles are facing multiple felony charges after police say they bicycled their way from crime scene to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“"Mommies Beautiful Babies!"”

Since: Jan 08

Jacksonville, FL (for now)

#2 Apr 22, 2008
Ann Cunter wrote:
Maybe we need to rethink the whole juvenile offender thing??? This just seems to be getting worse and worse. Can we pulll their pants down and whip them with a belt???
I agree, someone or numerous people need to just beat the hell out of them and then lock their behinds up for the rest of their lives. This is beyond ridiculous and all under the age of 18. Why not post their mugs, the people in that community needs to know what they look like because they will be back on the street in a matter of months. Then what? More crime, possibly taking it a step further and killing someone....I don't advocate violence of any kind but I have to honestly say that I hope the police worked their little "juvenile" a$$e$ like they were full grown men!!!

“"Mommies Beautiful Babies!"”

Jacksonville, FL (for now)

#3 Apr 22, 2008
And by "worked" I mean beat the hell out of them..
JASMINE

Orange Park, FL

#4 Apr 22, 2008
Their parents must be sooooo proud!! The parents were probally no where around as most parents are today and also they probally were not taught values and morals.
Anya

Jacksonville, FL

#6 Apr 22, 2008
Ann Cunter wrote:
Maybe we need to rethink the whole juvenile offender thing??? This just seems to be getting worse and worse. Can we pulll their pants down and whip them with a belt???
Ann,

Unfortunately we cannot! When they took prayers out of the school it caused a wave that is now crashing in our society today. The police say do not hit your child, but on the other hand they cannot control crime. Now they want the parents to get involved. This is what I say, tell the police the children are their responsibility now.

“It's all about me”

Since: Apr 08

Jacksonville

#7 Apr 22, 2008
Ann Cunter wrote:
You hit the nail on the head with that one! Kids are getting worse, but so are the adults. Parents turn a blind eye when they need to be turning the switches. Every single weekend I have 4 or 5 extra teenagers at MY house because I refuse to let my kids run the streets and stay somewhere else! Of course they think I am MEAN, but I can promise you I know where MY kids are and they are not out stealing, beating and causing chaos.
Margie

Jacksonville, FL

#8 Apr 22, 2008
Anya wrote:
<quoted text>
Ann,
Unfortunately we cannot! When they took prayers out of the school it caused a wave that is now crashing in our society today. The police say do not hit your child, but on the other hand they cannot control crime. Now they want the parents to get involved. This is what I say, tell the police the children are their responsibility now.
What does prayer have to do with it? There were no school prayers when I went to school, and I have never committed a crime in my life. But my mother taught me right from wrong and beat the crap out of me if I did the wrong thing. Hey, wait! Maybe that has more to do with it than praying in homeroom.
Anya

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Apr 22, 2008
Why oh Why wrote:
<quoted text> You hit the nail on the head with that one! Kids are getting worse, but so are the adults. Parents turn a blind eye when they need to be turning the switches. Every single weekend I have 4 or 5 extra teenagers at MY house because I refuse to let my kids run the streets and stay somewhere else! Of course they think I am MEAN, but I can promise you I know where MY kids are and they are not out stealing, beating and causing chaos.
I get your point, but if you hit your child you can go to jail for child abuse.
susan-jacksonvil le

Jacksonville, FL

#11 Apr 22, 2008
Anya wrote:
<quoted text>
Ann,
Actually the police say it is ok to spank your child, just don't beat them to where you leave marks all over their bodies, there is a difference between spanking and hitting or beating your child.

“It's all about me”

Jacksonville

#12 Apr 22, 2008
Anya wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather go to jail for spanking my child, than have my child go to jail for committing a crime any day of the week! More parents should think that way and we wouldn't have the juvenile delinquent epidemic that we have right now!

Since: Jul 07

AOL

#15 Apr 22, 2008
What's the difference between a thug and homegrown terrorism? Not much that I can think of, and since Bush has a habit of ignoring the Constitution, I say we send them on an all expense paid vacation to a Cuban resort that they'll never forget.
Ernie

Saint Augustine, FL

#16 Apr 22, 2008
Anya wrote:
<quoted text>
Ann,
Another convenient excuse to dodge responsibility of being a parent. The police have NEVER told parents to stop disciplining children. That was Oprah, Dr. Phil and company. There is a difference between discipline and beating your child to a pulp out of anger. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the difference. Stop looking for excuses.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#18 Apr 22, 2008
Anya wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong .......... corporal discipline is allow but pounding you child in to the ground isn't

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#21 Apr 22, 2008
Ernie wrote:
<quoted text>
Another convenient excuse to dodge responsibility of being a parent. The police have NEVER told parents to stop disciplining children. That was Oprah, Dr. Phil and company. There is a difference between discipline and beating your child to a pulp out of anger. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the difference. Stop looking for excuses.
Sorry sir:.... didn't get that far in to this thread/ but we agree , and here is the best part I'm retired .From the BANC , I will explain that to you later , I used the term BANC for a purpose.

“Peace, Love and Beer!”

Living that 70's show

#22 Apr 22, 2008
Anya wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Probaly a bunch of trash from out back in trailers!
What does PROBALY mean? Do you read out of a tard dictionary?

“Pray daily for a perfect world”

Since: Oct 07

Yonkers

#24 Apr 22, 2008
Bet their mamas are proud...When are today's parents going to realize that it's their duty to teach their kids wrong from right and to keep track of what they're doing? Probably when it happens to them by someone else's kid...ya think?

“Pray daily for a perfect world”

Since: Oct 07

Yonkers

#25 Apr 22, 2008
Why oh Why wrote:
<quoted text> I would rather go to jail for spanking my child, than have my child go to jail for committing a crime any day of the week! More parents should think that way and we wouldn't have the juvenile delinquent epidemic that we have right now!
Right on, there, Why...and according to what I was told by JSO, it's ok to SPANK your child...not BEAT them. There is a difference.

“....VETS”

WELCOME HOME

#26 Apr 22, 2008
Grrrr wrote:
<quoted text>
what is this about , give her a break you know what she means , what about your self , I know you mean when you say tard,

hell nobody is applying for a Peabody award
lockem up

Bostwick, FL

#28 Apr 22, 2008
put these idiots with grown ups and let them get the crap kicked out of them. they are all wastes of space and taxpayer money.

“Peace, Love and Beer!”

Living that 70's show

#29 Apr 22, 2008
tallyho wrote:
<quoted text>
what is this about , give her a break you know what she means , what about your self , I know you mean when you say tard,
hell nobody is applying for a Peabody award
Give her a break? Do you know who I am dealing with here? Give it time, you'll understand...till then, don't worry about what I do...
Anya

Jacksonville, FL

#30 Apr 22, 2008
Grrrr wrote:
<quoted text>
Jerk....and I'm NOT GOING TO GIVE UP! DANCE...DANCE... I think I'll do the Mambo!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlantic Beach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News America's First Home Goes Under (Jan '08) 7 hr Former employee 117
Fred Cotton's BBQ Sauce Recipe??? (Dec '11) Sat RAFTERMAN 14
News Black Donald Trump Supporter Shot In Cleveland Bar (Jul '16) Aug 19 Rip Chen Picket 3
Anyone know tyree? (May '16) Aug 17 Maddog420 2
News On Your Side - Ken Amaro Answers Your Mail (Mar '08) Aug 16 Bud LaPoint 121
News Strange & Unusual - Eating Disorder Makes Girl ... (Nov '07) Aug 16 Spitsteal 31
unsolved murder! (Mar '13) Mar '17 Ashley Mariah 12

Atlantic Beach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Atlantic Beach Mortgages